Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
supermegaroxas

Why does sora appears as a king?

i think it's just a look Nomura likes. Not to mention the word "Kingdom" in the title allows for a connection to be made with Sora, being the main character of the series, could be put in a symbolic king position. 

the first artwork really doesn't fit KH1 Sora at all since he's never given off the impression that he's a straight faced and stern looking ruler type. the second artwork fits him a bit better, now that he has more of a smile going on. 

really though it feels like what you might call artwork and story segregation? you see lots of artwork for the KH series that doesn't really seem to have much to do with anything, i.e. Sora sitting in the random throne like a King. There is never a time when that happens, but I would assume Nomura draws those images because he is running with a theme of royalty. The "Kingdom" in the title, the crown emblems seen throughout the series. Sora just happens to get involved in that because he's the main character, I guess. 

I always figured it was just for look, and had no real purpose, like the art of Sora and Kairi sitting on a big heart, with Org. 13 in the clouds. It's pretty, but has no real bearing. 

The only thing I ever thought about it was some sense of higher up, not royalty, but specilness (for lack of a better word): Sora is the user of the Keyblade, and very special because of this. The throne concept could be pointing to a knighthood, in a sense, with the crown being a special item to represent how people have sacrificed themselves for Sora. 

Or, more like than not, it's just a random king image to tie into the KINGDOM HEARTS logo.  

Essentially agree with most posts here, it could be a style Nomura just likes (i.e. spiky hair, a million zippers) etc, or symbolize his leadership role.  Sora also gets Crowns in KH2FM he can equip (and wear similar to the picture) which implies Nomura does like the look of it (otherwise why make it so in the game).  

Sora has the king symbolism to parallel Xehanort's king symbolism.

Xehanort's Keyblade armor (seen in both Xemnas and the No Heart boss) is very medieval-styled and has the crown motif and kingly features in general. His Keyblade has a lion's head (not a goat, like a lot of people assume), and his ultimate goal is to essentially rule over everything and acquire Kingdom Hearts. Xemnas' final forms -- the castle and dragon -- are also medieval. Plus, Birth by Sleep, Xehanort's origin story, is very heavy in the medieval themes as well (the Wayfinder trio were originally referred to as "knights," etc.) AND, as Apprentice-Xehanort, he betrays Ansem and takes his place -- essentially usurping the throne and making himself king of that world.

Since KH3 is all about the final showdown between Sora and Xehanort, there's been a lot of parallels between them, and the king symbolism is one of them. The E3 trailer made this the most obvious, I think, when Sora and Xehanort were represented by the King pieces on the chessboard.

...That was a little long-winded, but yeah.

Well I have a theory about this discussion it's Sora is the true king of kingdom hearts and I think this could be true not because of the crown but because he is able bring back those that were lost and that he was able to connect ventus hearts with his on the day he was born so I believe he is the true king

I don't think there was a deep meaning behind the first artwork.The second artwork shows Sora on a chess floor. Sora represents the king on the chess board. Kairi is the princess/the queen which Xehanort wants.

A chessboard just like the one in the KHIII trailer with young eraqus and xehanort, there was even a piece of a crown representing sora,coincidence?