Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kingdomhe

do you guys think that if they didn't switch engines, kh3 would have released this year?

do you guys think that if they didn't switch engines, kh3 would have released this year?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. do you guys think that if they didn't switch engines, kh3 would have released this year?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

i think if they didn't switch to unreal engine it would have been released this year, not that thats a bad thing since i love unreal engine. but i think the change delayed progress by a year or two.

Edited by Keyblade master26

Eh I personally doubt it. It's possible yes, but I think Kingdom Hearts III would have had a 2017 release date regardless of engines.

But hey- anything's possible and I'm not qualified to comment since I'm no video game developer (and either way unreal engine is what we have now) 

I do agree that the engine caused a delay, but I don't think KH3 would have debuted this year without it. Even if they didn't switch to Unreal, they would have had to develop a new battle system all the same.

But it's sounding like a pretty massive game regardless of the engine; my guess has been a late 2018 release, so maybe using the old engine might have bumped it up to 2017? Hard to say.

It probably would end up being around the same time.  With Unreal 4 they are claiming that it has been much easier to work with, which may even out the time it would have taken to develop on Luminous.

no because then they wouldn't have been able to release the oh so plot important 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue exclusively on PS4. so either way we wouldn't be getting it this year. 

Well 2.8 could come in summer without UE4. Then I would say for sure december for Japan there may be hope.

It depends also on a worldwide release.

i meant like if 2.8 didn't exist ether

I do agree that the engine caused a delay, but I don't think KH3 would have debuted this year without it. Even if they didn't switch to Unreal, they would have had to develop a new battle system all the same.

But it's sounding like a pretty massive game regardless of the engine; my guess has been a late 2018 release, so maybe using the old engine might have bumped it up to 2017? Hard to say.

No. The transition from Luminous to Unreal Engine 4 has in fact actually made progression of development faster, or so it is seems.

It probably would end up being around the same time.  With Unreal 4 they are claiming that it has been much easier to work with, which may even out the time it would have taken to develop on Luminous.

i guess, but when did they switch because if they did a years worth of stuff then they would have to rebuild all of that again.

No because the Luminous Engine was posing rendering issues, if they kept with the Engine KH3 wouldn't come out until 2019, and more importantly(for me at least) would decrease it's chancing of coming to the PC and Nintendo NX