Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingdomHearts3

Opinion: Disney Parks and related content not talked enough here

Kingdom Hearts came to be by combining two great franchises together: Disney and Final Fantasy. This formula was strange and many thought it would not work. Today, 14 years later, this franchise goes on strong as one of Square Enix's most successful franchises. On this site, we all obviously talk about it and the story of this franchise. Not only that, but second in amount of conversation is Final Fantasy. After that, other video games and media are talked about. Sports and real life news events are not so commonly spoken about. What I am rather stumped is how Kingdom Hearts's other half, Disney, is not spoken about as much if at all. I mean, yes there are films mentioned here and there, but what makes Disney is the theme parks and stuff related to the parks and the original cartoons. These make up the Disney half of Kingdom Hearts. I have once posted in December Disney Christmas Music played in the parks, particularly Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World, and it was like I did it for attention; no one responded. Then, I once posted about Shanghai Disney opening in June and only one person noticed and commented. This actually worries me because as great as Kingdom Hearts is, I fear that if we don't talk about the true Disney and remind ourselves about what defines true Disney, our perception of it will be altered and we will forget. It was all started by a mouse, not a boy with a key shaped sword. I want us to incorporate into the conversation more Disney Parks and stuff related to the parks so we never forget that it was all started by a mouse.

What do you all think about this? Leave your opinions below.

Given that most of the people on this site probably live nowhere near Disney parks, I doubt that many of us have anything to say about them. I haven't been to a Disney park in at least 10 years, and I doubt I'll be going any time soon since traveling is expensive, so I don't personally really care what they do with the parks since it doesn't affect me in any way.

Regardless, the parks aren't what define Disney. They began with animation, not making theme parks. Saying that we'll lose sight of the meaning of Disney just because we don't talk about the theme parks seems like a bit of an overreaction to me.

Regardless, the parks aren't what define Disney. They began with animation, not making theme parks. Saying that we'll lose sight of the meaning of Disney just because we don't talk about the theme parks seems like a bit of an overreaction to me.

They are part of what defines it. The animation and original cartoons along with the parks altogether help define Disney's true essence. That's what I believe and I would like for people who have been there to open up more and discuss more about their time and talk about stuff related to the parks.

this sounds more like a problem that exists only in your head and not in the real world. 

personally i have nothing to say about the parks and i've been three times to Disney World. there isn't much room for discussion. you should probably just not worry about it and let people talk about whatever they find interesting.

you say that if we don't constantly talk about "true disney" then we'll forget it, but what does that say about the original creation itself? shouldn't something be memorable on it's own merits? if something is going to stand the test of time i would imagine it would do so based off of its own quality and not because people keep digging it back up like a corpse.

i don't think people are going to forget whatever you think "true disney" is by not talking about theme park rides. if anything, the animations hold more than the parks because the parks are inspired from the animations, right? its like saying we're going to forget what Disney stands for if we don't talk about their merchandise from recent years. the merchandise is inspired by Disney and their animations. 

this sounds more like a problem that exists only in your head and not in the real world.  personally i have nothing to say about the parks and i've been three times to Disney World. there isn't much room for discussion. you should probably just not worry about it and let people talk about whatever they find interesting. you say that if we don't constantly talk about "true disney" then we'll forget it, but what does that say about the original creation itself? shouldn't something be memorable on it's own merits? if something is going to stand the test of time i would imagine it would do so based off of its own quality and not because people keep digging it back up like a corpse. i don't think people are going to forget whatever you think "true disney" is by not talking about theme park rides. if anything, the animations hold more than the parks because the parks are inspired from the animations, right? its like saying we're going to forget what Disney stands for if we don't talk about their merchandise from recent years. the merchandise is inspired by Disney and their animations.

You're probably right. I might be overthinking that it is an issue. I wish that people would respond to any threads or statuses I post that regard something to do with the Disney parks and/or original cartoons.