Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Trece the Xam ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀)

Suggestion about the like quota

What to do with the quota?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with the quota?

• Leave it as it is
    • Increase the amount of likes (say the amount you like below!)
    • Remove the quota

OK, I think many of us have reached the like quota, you know, you get an image like this one:

Posted Image

So this will pop up when you reach 20 likes, and you won't be able to like until 24 hours have passed since you gave a like.

I've encountered this notification literally, every single day since at least November, so I know I've left tons of posts I wanted to like behind. This has possibly happened to other users, and find the quota fairly annoying.

However, I don't consider that removing it is necessary or ideal, because it will lead to like spam, where people will just like anything because they can, which means that likes will lose it's current value.

To be honest, I think the best thing would be to increase the quota to, for example, 30 likes, so we can like those few posts that we will end up missing in the following days.

What are your thoughts on this? Should it be left as it is? Should it be removed? Should it be increased?

Please leave your thoughts below!

Edited by Xamtehwt MC (Trece)

Likes are very similar to AP in Kingdom Heart X Chi & Un:X. You can't help but keep on playing until it runs out, then, done. You can't do any more. You just have to suck it up and wait a while. However, if you can increase the max amount you can store, then you can keep on going for longer!

Sorry, kind of a pointless-relation, but that's basically what you are wanting, is that right? I agree, 30 would be a better quality limit. I only rarely reached my quota, so it might not impact me so much, but it'd be useful when I do.

Rock on!

Likes are very similar to AP in Kingdom Heart X Chi & Un:X. You can't help but keep on playing until it runs out, then, done. You can't do any more. You just have to suck it up and wait a while. However, if you can increase the max amount you can store, then you can keep on going for longer!

Potions? Mega-Potions? Leveling up?

(Your analogy did crack me up, congrats on your hard-earned like)

@OP - I rarely use the "like" button (~5 per week? if that), so it really doesn't affect me all that much whether the cap is increased or not. If anything, the cap teaches likers to truly value their liked content, rather than spam the "like" button on anyone who replies to their posts (unless it's a well-written reply that truly benefits the liker's understanding of the topic).I do understand that there is a lot of content on this site, though, so I can see some users burning out their "like" quota after visiting two or three sub-forums, especially if new information about a certain game or work was released.