Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingdomHearts3

Language in the Book in KHX

Ooh, ooh, maybe it's some kind of secret language only the Five Amigos can understand!  Grandmaster Pappy must have given each of the Five Amigos their Fortunetelling books with that secret language so only they can understand it!  It's what'd make perfect sense to me!  But then again, a lot of things make sense to me in my insane little mind...but yeah, what I think is that this is some kind of secret code no one other than the Five Amigos can crack! :D

Uh huh, yeah right. I wouldn't think that would be it. The letters are similar to Cyrillic and Greek (I hope to God you have heard of those Deadpool) so I don't think it's something only they understand. I think it could be translated, but we would have to figure out a few letters to understand.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

Uh huh, yeah right. I wouldn't think that would be it. The letters are similar to Cyrillic and Greek (I hope to God you have heard of those Deadpool) so I don't think it's something only they understand. I think it could be translated, but we would have to figure out a few letters to understand.

*Pretends to have a beard and strokes it while thinking deep in thought and wearing a wizard's robes.*  Hmm, Cyrillic and Greek, you say?  Well that's most interesting, numbered one!  We shall keep our eyes peeled until we can decipher the words of this book!  It probably holds a great many secrets, aside from the whole war that'll bring the end of the world and yada yada yada, ya know?

*Sits on the couch and formulates a plan to get to the Keyblade Graveyard and steal some Keyblades.* :3

*Pretends to have a beard and strokes it while thinking deep in thought and wearing a wizard's robes.*  Hmm, Cyrillic and Greek, you say?  Well that's most interesting, numbered one!  We shall keep our eyes peeled until we can decipher the words of this book!  It probably holds a great many secrets, aside from the whole war that'll bring the end of the world and yada yada yada, ya know? *Sits on the couch and formulates a plan to get to the Keyblade Graveyard and steal some Keyblades.* :3

Okay Trey. The book does have the final passage translated so if we can find that and translate letter for letter, we can understand the whole book and read the whole thing. Makes you wonder if they will remake the Book of Prophecy as part of a bundle pack for KH3 or HD2.8 when either one comes out and have it translated to English.

Okay Trey. The book does have the final passage translated so if we can find that and translate letter for letter, we can understand the whole book and read the whole thing. Makes you wonder if they will remake the Book of Prophecy as part of a bundle pack for KH3 or HD2.8 when either one comes out and have it translated to English.

Ooh, that'd be a neat goody to include for a bundle!  Hmm, but makes ya wonder what game it would be best for!  KHIII, or 2.8? :O

Ooh, that'd be a neat goody to include for a bundle!  Hmm, but makes ya wonder what game it would be best for!  KHIII, or 2.8? :O

Based on the language frequency and how often a certain symbol appears, we could deduce what letters are which, which is why I included the link at the bottom of the second post. I just don't have the time to do it right this second. Additionally, searching out that line that is SUPPOSED to be in the Tome can help us figure out what language it's in. It'll probably be on that sixth page...

I would hazard a guess that it's written in the Latin alphabet. If there's any other alphabet that has 26 or 27 characters in it, someone tell us xD before we jump to conclusions.

I was looking at the list above the heartless symbol in this page of the book in the link: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/1/1a/Book_of_Prophecies_Page_C_KHX.png/revision/latest?cb=20150101061025   I noticed in the last item listed, there are three symbols that list something. I have tried looking up three letter words in English and none make sense. Maybe it isn't letters for the non number symbols, they are like Japanese and stand for sounds and phrases. If that's the case, then I am really stuck. I can only make out what the numbers are from 1-10, but not the other symbols.

I was looking at the list above the heartless symbol in this page of the book in the link: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/1/1a/Book_of_Prophecies_Page_C_KHX.png/revision/latest?cb=20150101061025   I noticed in the last item listed, there are three symbols that list something. I have tried looking up three letter words in English and none make sense. Maybe it isn't letters for the non number symbols, they are like Japanese and stand for sounds and phrases. If that's the case, then I am really stuck. I can only make out what the numbers are from 1-10, but not the other symbols.

Posted Image

this?

The good news is, in English we have a thing called a palindrome.

http://www.highlightpress.com.au/palindromes.html

As you can see, the 3-letter word list is relatively short. Of course, it probably isn't exhaustive but it definitely helps.

Posted Image

this?

The good news is, in English we have a thing called a palindrome.

http://www.highlightpress.com.au/palindromes.html

As you can see, the 3-letter word list is relatively short. Of course, it probably isn't exhaustive but it definitely helps.

Yes precisely. I have looked up so many three letter words that have the same letter at the beginning and end and none make sense. I don't think that these characters we see are letters, but sounds and phrases. What say you?

Yes precisely. I have looked up so many three letter words that have the same letter at the beginning and end and none make sense. I don't think that these characters we see are letters, but sounds and phrases. What say you?

Ava is a three letter palindrome.

Ava is a three letter palindrome.

Okay, but the list as you saw was right about the heartless sigil so I don't think that is what it is referring to. I saw the number characters in the list and within the words and so I don't think it's referring to the six apprentices. Got any other ideas?

Okay, but the list as you saw was right about the heartless sigil so I don't think that is what it is referring to. I saw the number characters in the list and within the words and so I don't think it's referring to the six apprentices. Got any other ideas?

There's only one character number used within the list, the number 6. If you look closely at numbers 2 and 4, you'll see that the entireity of number 4 is inside number 2. So that's dealing with some 6 things that are eight characters long, with no repeating characters.  Likewise, 1 and 5 share very similar messages. It's only 3 and 6 that don't share any commonality. If you ask me, it's a guide or "recipie" of some sort, for example, to create the x-blade... but that's probably completely wrong xD

Additionally, since the top paragraph is mainly a repeat of the same paragraph on the fourth page, we can assume that our world falling into darkness line lies either in the list or in the last paragraph. Otherwise it would have mentioned that this line appears more than once in the book.

There's only one character number used within the list, the number 6. If you look closely at numbers 2 and 4, you'll see that the entireity of number 4 is inside number 2. So that's dealing with some 6 things that are eight characters long, with no repeating characters.  Likewise, 1 and 5 share very similar messages. It's only 3 and 6 that don't share any commonality. If you ask me, it's a guide or "recipie" of some sort, for example, to create the x-blade... but that's probably completely wrong xD Additionally, since the top paragraph is mainly a repeat of the same paragraph on the fourth page, we can assume that our world falling into darkness line lies either in the list or in the last paragraph. Otherwise it would have mentioned that this line appears more than once in the book.

I see. Ugh! Why must this be so hard?! Must we have linguists translate this stuff?! Why can't Nomura tell us flat out what the characters translate to and what these pages say?! It's making me crazy!

I see. Ugh! Why must this be so hard?! Must we have linguists translate this stuff?! Why can't Nomura tell us flat out what the characters translate to and what these pages say?! It's making me crazy!

Because we need to do something while we wait for our AP to recharge xDDD

E: アクア in Japanese is Aqua. Hey look another three-character palindrome...

Edited by VexenReplica

Because we need to do something while we wait for our AP to recharge xDDD E: アクア in Japanese is Aqua. Hey look another three-character palindrome...

Hey, you're onto something. Maybe we could use that example to help translate the pages.

Hey, you're onto something. Maybe we could use that example to help translate the pages.

But then it would be in kana, which is not English...

So the main issue is figuring out is it a) in English or b) if not, what language it's in (kana, roumanji, others with Latin roots, something else entirely...)

If we come to a point that we're convinced that it's not in English then we're going to need to recruit other people who know the language we believe it's in. 

Wow, I'm amazed at how you guys are going nitty gritty into this!  You could be language decoders!  I'm impressed!  There's definitely lots of mysteries lying with the almighty Fortuneteller's book!  Who knows what other secrets this little book has?

*Sigh* It's times like these I wish I had the power to know everything instead of having a healing factor...but oh well, I love me the way I am, so I have no problems with myself! :3

Character appearance rate and percentage, and using the wiki letter frequency matching up the most common letters with the common-appearing characters. It's not supposed to be perfect but the trends that are in both our document and the English language is astonishing. Many of the values are quite close ! 

I dunno how useful this will be in the long run, but it's nice to have. One thing to note is the percentage difference in between ours and the wiki article. This is due to the inclusion of the numbers and symbol, which offers a larger base and less extreme ranges (although the ranges between the characters themselves are significant).

Sorry if there are any errors my computer lags a lot during GUT and I can't see for the most part what I'm writing.

chi stuff.xlsx

But then it would be in kana, which is not English... So the main issue is figuring out is it a) in English or b) if not, what language it's in (kana, roumanji, others with Latin roots, something else entirely...) If we come to a point that we're convinced that it's not in English then we're going to need to recruit other people who know the language we believe it's in.

Okay. I see what we would need to do. I was thinking that the language we see follows kana, but is its own language. That's what I was referring to. I am somewhat convinced it isn't English, but what would prove me wrong and make it English?

Okay. I see what we would need to do. I was thinking that the language we see follows kana, but is its own language. That's what I was referring to. I am somewhat convinced it isn't English, but what would prove me wrong and make it English?

37 characters isn't enough for kana, as kana has 46 different characters (and an additional 46 katakana characters...). 

Also, if we can find a KH "buzzword" (Keyblade, for example) that means it's most likely English.

I found another three-letter unique to KH palindrome  - DtD (Door to Darkness) 

37 characters isn't enough for kana, as kana has 46 different characters (and an additional 46 katakana characters...).  Also, if we can find a KH "buzzword" (Keyblade, for example) that means it's most likely English. I found another three-letter unique to KH palindrome  - DtD (Door to Darkness)

Oh okay. DtD were initials right? They weren't used in the ancient times. I figured they would know of the Door to Darkness, but they wouldn't talk about it in initials.

I'm thinking about making a program that you can plug in what you think every symbol is and it automatically spits out a translated page. I'm going start with pages 5-6 and hope someone can solve the puzzle.

I'm thinking about making a program that you can plug in what you think every symbol is and it automatically spits out a translated page. I'm going start with pages 5-6 and hope someone can solve the puzzle.

If you take a look at one of my previous posts, you'll see a guessed (based on the percentage of the characters used) alphabet. Try to start there, and see if there are any words that are in English (not just common words like "the" and "and" but also KH-centric words "darkness," "light," or "keyblade").

If you take a look at one of my previous posts, you'll see a guessed (based on the percentage of the characters used) alphabet. Try to start there, and see if there are any words that are in English (not just common words like "the" and "and" but also KH-centric words "darkness," "light," or "keyblade").

If I had to take a guess, I would say it's the latin alphabet, since it looks quite ominous, kinda what you'd find on a book that predicts the future, but I don't really know. And the most repeated symbols could easily be vowels, since they are used much more on latin than on english (the ratio vowel-consonant could perfectly be 2 vowels per 3 consonants) and there are 4 symbols that are repeated 200+ times and one that repeats almost 200 times on that chart you made. That one symbol could be the least common vowel. But again, this is just based on a guess. Here's some latin fragments I found if you want to check this:

https://inclusiontransgresion.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/textos-breves-refuerzo-de-estructuras-basicas.pdf

Also, this isn't cleric latin, it's the one they used during the Roman Empire times. It's almost the same but some words are different.

EDIT: Also, Square Enix loves latin, so it would makes sense xD

I took a look at the three pages of the book I could found on the wiki and these are my assessments, based on my knowledge, your findings and wiki.  

The first page, talks about the lux and the darkness, Shadow
The second page talks about the ties with darkness, Darksides
The third talks about control of darkness and artificial creation of heartless know as emblems.

On my initial gander I tried to find a connection on what I know about the franchise and link it to something more tangible. On the wiki I found that the romaji way of shadow is Shadou. With this knowledge I tried to find some connection with symbols and stumbled up the one shown as reference. It is occurs several times on the different pages and if you ditch the first symbol, even more. 

With the knowledge of VexenReplica 's about the frequency of reoccurring letters I tried to make sense of some of the symbols but those that met the criteria occur in combination of 3 in long segments, are sometimes used twice in a row and are jumbled different combinations with one-another, thus making now sense with out knowing what it could actually mean, without knowledge before hand. 

I also remembered that some languages like Hebrew and Chines have symbols that on their own have meanings like, numbers and events and combined with one-another could have different meanings, that is under a know context. Because meaning can differ based on context.

Another thing might be is, is that it is a language based on phonetics. But without the knowledge of the written language and or pronunciation of the symbols, there is no meaning into tracking what it could mean, as of now.

**This tread has been more than 2 years old without a reply ....

KHBOP_1.PNG