Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingdomHearts3

Language in the Book in KHX

So I saw the image of the Poll of the Day and it had the book that we see in KHX when we move from one world to another in the game. I was just studying the image and then I noticed something about it.

Posted Image

Notice the writing in it. I tried figuring out what it was and I am actually not sure. I see only one character that I recognize and that is the Greek letter alpha. That's it. I look to see if it's Greek writing, but I'm not sure. Most of it doesn't look Greek. I don't even think it's Japanese. It most certainly is not the writing underlined in red in the image below.

Posted Image

So help me please. What language is the writing in the book in the first image? Please tell me what you think.

To be honest I don't think that this is a real language. It's probably only made for KHX.

But if you wanna know if it's Greek (which I doubt), ask the member AngelTheWeirdStranger. He's from Greece :)

Hilarious  :dry:. Now tell me what you personally think.

No idea. I thought the same as you when I saw alpha, but I don't recognise any other words. It's ceirtanly not Aisan.

If you want me to be completely honest, I think it isn't any language, it's just invented symbols that may mean something in Nomura's head. Some could say that it's an invented KH's language, but in KH2 Door To Darkness was in English, so that would be a bit misleading xD.

No idea. I thought the same as you when I saw alpha, but I don't recognise any other words. It's ceirtanly not Aisan.

If you want me to be completely honest, I think it isn't any language, it's just invented symbols that may mean something in Nomura's head. Some could say that it's an invented KH's language, but in KH2 Door To Darkness was in English, so that would be a bit misleading xD.

Wait a minute! I just went on Microsoft Word 2013 and I clicked on the symbols tab and it brought up all these symbols. I scrolled through them and I came across Cyrillic, Greek, and Coptic. The letters almost if not completely match! I think they used a mixture of those three to put it in the book. Do you agree?

Wait a minute! I just went on Microsoft Word 2013 and I clicked on the symbols tab and it brought up all these symbols. I scrolled through them and I came across Cyrillic, Greek, and Coptic. The letters almost if not completely match! I think they used a mixture of those three to put it in the book. Do you agree?

Maybe, but I can't find this particular letter:

Posted Image

Hmm... What if it's not one language, but many different languages! I just checked on Microsoft Word, and some Greek symbols, Cyrillic, and even some Hebrew and Arabic symbols are similar to those symbols! But not every language had a similarity to every one of the symbols, more like a jumbled up mix of each language, then the font was set to the same for all the symbols and letters.

It could be that they want us to all work together, the whole world, to decipher this book's code. Similar to how you work with many other Keyblade wielders in X chi and Unchained X! The symbolism is the solution!

Rock on!

Edited by Steven Drake (SteVentus)

It might not be an actual language. Lots of creators tend to create their own fictional languages based off of various real-world languages. They go through days and weeks, even months of research to cross reference things to help build them up. Things like Elvish tounge, Na'vi, and even the coding used in the Stop the G:KND promotionals where all made up from the creators' imaginations, with inspiration from various real world languages. So if anything, this is likely just made up lettering and wording created by Nomura and possibly the rest of the staff behind story writing. Whether or not they actually form comprehensible words or are just a random assortment of characters put together, the point is that they likely made it up themselves, with some inspiration possibly stemming from Japanese and Greek, maybe even others. Just cause you see something doesn't always mean it correlates with something familiar, but it might have some roots there, so who knows?

Hmm... What if it's not one language, but many different languages! I just checked on Microsoft Word, and some Greek symbols, Cyrillic, and even some Hebrew and Arabic symbols are similar to those symbols! But not every language had a similarity to every one of the symbols, more like a jumbled up mix of each language, then the font was set to the same for all the symbols and letters.It could be that they want us to all work together, the whole world, to decipher this book's code. Similar to how you work with many other Keyblade wielders in X chi and Unchained X! The symbolism is the solution!Rock on!

I don't think it actually has a hidden message, to be honest. It would be quite a surprise if it did, though!

Edited by Xamtehwt MC (Trece)

I don't think it actually has a hidden message, to be honest. It would be quite a surprise if it did, though!

It is a hidden message if you think doing it alone is the only way. Like I said, if we work together, the whole world, we can read it. We need the knowledge of multiple languages to read it clearly. (But nobody likes to work together anymore, soo...)

Maybe, but I can't find this particular letter:

Posted Image

Man, I have no clue either. It isn't Japanese and I am trying to look up different languages to match it, but no progress.

It is a hidden message if you think doing it alone is the only way. Like I said, if we work together, the whole world, we can read it. We need the knowledge of multiple languages to read it clearly.

(But nobody likes to work together anymore, soo...)

It would not be a hidden message if you see a Darkside on the page.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

It's definitely not Cyrillic or Japanese; I speak Russian and I don't see anything recognizable in there. I doubt it's Greek either; a lot of the Cyrillic letters were cribbed from Greek.

My money's on it being completely made up, but whether or not it's a cipher or just meaningless symbols is still up on the air...

Oh hype people are actually talking about this. 

In the 3 pages + famitsu scan, there are 37 different characters. There is a list on the sixth "page" that people on KHI were saying were numbers. If this is true, it probably is written in a language that has 27 different characters PLUS 10 number characters (0-9). However, one of the characters only appears once (on page five) so my thinking was that it is an apostrophe, and that the remaining 26 characters are A-Z. Also, if you take a look at the list, you'll see as it progresses the characters seem similar. So this numbering system has 0-1 look alike, 2-3 look alike, 4-5 look alike, etc. Also all of the "odd" numbers have one more line than their "even" counterparts.

Posted Image

If more people are interested in this, feel free to drop me a PM or continue the convo. I might post more findings once I'm done working in ~2 hours.

Oh hype people are actually talking about this. 

In the 3 pages + famitsu scan, there are 37 different characters. There is a list on the sixth "page" that people on KHI were saying were numbers. If this is true, it probably is written in a language that has 27 different characters PLUS 10 number characters (0-9). However, one of the characters only appears once (on page five) so my thinking was that it is an apostrophe, and that the remaining 26 characters are A-Z. Also, if you take a look at the list, you'll see as it progresses the characters seem similar. So this numbering system has 0-1 look alike, 2-3 look alike, 4-5 look alike, etc. Also all of the "odd" numbers have one more line than their "even" counterparts.

Posted Image

If more people are interested in this, feel free to drop me a PM or continue the convo. I might post more findings once I'm done working in ~2 hours.

Really? Oh please, I would love it if you would post what you find. I am no good with researching languages and I find it great you know what you are doing because I don't.

Here is the link everyone to a larger image of the same book: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/d/d1/Book_of_Prophecies_Page_B_KHX.png/revision/latest?cb=20150101061024

Edited by KingdomHearts3

There was a project on KHI more than a year ago that got some headway, but never really started. I doubt any other KH site really got into it, so it's cool that you guys are interested in it!

The complete character list (I'm 99% sure this is right...)

Posted Image

Interesting things to point out:

- On the fourth and sixth page, the top paragraphs are nearly identical. This either could refer to repeated information or key information.

- There is a line in quotes on the fifth page.

- As pointed out in the KHI post, there should be the quote about the world descending into darkness.

Last page in the book of prophecies said:

English: "The war in that place will lead to the defeat and destruction of the Light. The World will be enveloped in eternal Darkness."

Original Japanese: "彼の地の大戦によって光は敗北し消滅する。世界は永遠の闇に覆われることとなる。"

Roumaji: " Kare no ji no taisen ni yotte hikari wa haiboku shi shoumetsu suru. Sekai wa eien no yami ni oowa reru koto to naru."

That's the stuff we're looking for on the last page. If we can figure that out, we have a chance at decoding the rest of the document, which may mean figurinng out the secrets of the foretellers or something...

- The document could be in English. It could also be in roumaji. It could be in kana. It could be in a myriad of things. However, it is PROBABLY not kanji.

- As already previously mentioned, there's a list on the sixth page.

- Some characters have a "period" or "comma" underneath their character. This might be a rendaku-y thing.

- In the original Famitsu scan, which is not available in-game, there are four "paragraphs" and the third line in each of the paragraphs is the exact same.

- http://www.letterfrequency.org/#japanese-language-letter-frequency <- read/glance at it

- Some of the characters look like distorted kana or Roman characters.

- There's only periods, commas, and one usage of quotation marks in the text. Perhaps some of the "letters" are actually end punctuation???

For those of you who like numbers and statistics:

Posted Image

Language frequency.

More graphs maybe coming later...?

Edited by MythrilMagician

So I was playing around with decoding the pages too. I tried to put each character with a katakana letter, but I couldn't get it to work.
And since this isnt in the thread yet, here are all the pages in high quality.

Page 1-2:

Posted Image

Page 3-4:

Posted Image

Page 4-6:

Posted Image

So I was playing around with decoding the pages too. I tried to put each character with a katakana letter, but I couldn't get it to work.And since this isnt in the thread yet, here are all the pages in high quality.

There's only 37 characters in the foreteller's book and there's 46 hiragana characters. ;) There's your problem, haha.

Also, I've seen those pages in high quality, but do you know if the original famitsu scan was ever uploaded in high quality?~

There was a project on KHI more than a year ago that got some headway, but never really started. I doubt any other KH site really got into it, so it's cool that you guys are interested in it!

The complete character list (I'm 99% sure this is right...)

Posted Image

Interesting things to point out:

- On the fourth and sixth page, the top paragraphs are nearly identical. This either could refer to repeated information or key information.

- There is a line in quotes on the fifth page. 

- As pointed out in the KHI post, there should be the quote about the world descending into darkness. 

That's the stuff we're looking for on the last page. If we can figure that out, we have a chance at decoding the rest of the document, which may mean figurinng out the secrets of the foretellers or something...

- The document could be in English. It could also be in roumaji. It could be in kana. It could be in a myriad of things. However, it is PROBABLY not kanji.

- As already previously mentioned, there's a list on the sixth page. 

- Some characters have a "period" or "comma" underneath their character. This might be a rendaku-y thing.

- In the original Famitsu scan, which is not available in-game, there are four "paragraphs" and the third line in each of the paragraphs is the exact same.

http://www.letterfrequency.org/#japanese-language-letter-frequency <- read/glance at it

- Some of the characters look like distorted kana or Roman characters.

- There's only periods, commas, and one usage of quotation marks in the text. Perhaps some of the "letters" are actually end punctuation???

(I apologize for the double post in advance)

For those of you who like numbers and statistics: 

Posted Image

Language frequency.

More graphs maybe coming later...?

26 letters eh? Well, that must be the alphabet we currently use and we have six numbers and a symbol. This is nice and all, but if we don't figure out what a couple letters are, then we won't go anywhere with this. There has to be a way to figure out what some letters are.

26 letters eh? Well, that must be the alphabet we currently use and we have six numbers and a symbol. This is nice and all, but if we don't figure out what a couple letters are, then we won't go anywhere with this. There has to be a way to figure out what some letters are.

Based on the language frequency and how often a certain symbol appears, we could deduce what letters are which, which is why I included the link at the bottom of the second post. I just don't have the time to do it right this second. Additionally, searching out that line that is SUPPOSED to be in the Tome can help us figure out what language it's in. It'll probably be on that sixth page...

I would hazard a guess that it's written in the Latin alphabet. If there's any other alphabet that has 26 or 27 characters in it, someone tell us xD before we jump to conclusions.

Based on the language frequency and how often a certain symbol appears, we could deduce what letters are which, which is why I included the link at the bottom of the second post. I just don't have the time to do it right this second. Additionally, searching out that line that is SUPPOSED to be in the Tome can help us figure out what language it's in. It'll probably be on that sixth page...

I would hazard a guess that it's written in the Latin alphabet. If there's any other alphabet that has 26 or 27 characters in it, someone tell us xD before we jump to conclusions.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_alphabet

This talks about the Roman alphabet and the languages that use it. It has a map where the alphabet is used and where more than one is also used. I don't know if it helps.

Ooh, ooh, maybe it's some kind of secret language only the Five Amigos can understand!  Grandmaster Pappy must have given each of the Five Amigos their Fortunetelling books with that secret language so only they can understand it!  It's what'd make perfect sense to me!  But then again, a lot of things make sense to me in my insane little mind...but yeah, what I think is that this is some kind of secret code no one other than the Five Amigos can crack! :D