Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
HMK

What are you most afraid of in Kingdom Hearts III?

You know it, I know it, We all know it. We are super-hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3, but do to all of the building that Nomura and SE have done for the series It's safe to say we all have extremely high hopes and standards for the game for when it drops. I want to hear what you guys - the community have to say about this. What are you most afraid of Kingdom Hearts III that could mess up the entire or some of the experience for you? Death of a favorite character? game breaking bug? not enough closure? Anything!  

Posted Image

My worst fear for KHIII is the death of one of my favorite characters, which is Sora. Yes, i know he's not supposed to die because he's confirmed to be the main character, but still...

Edited by PrincessHearts25

I'm afraid that it won't Kill someone, like Axel or Riku, they just seem set up to be the tragic character. Alternatively : I'm afraid they'll bring back Roxas Namine and Xion. Since they've already been absorbed(? For lack of a better word) into the ether that is Sora and kairi.

Gameplay wise, I'm afraid of exactly what Aqua7KH said. It needs to be an evolution of KH2 Mixed with everything that people loved of the sidegames, with everything the majority of people hated removed or modified. As well as have the game not be disgustingly easy after a certain point of level. A good Balance.

Also afraid of having certain worlds not in there but that's trivial,really.

Well TBH I trust Nomura a lot. I know the game will be amazing storywise and gameplaywise. Maybe it is also that I don´t have many demands at all. I just like to play the games and enjoy everything the way the developers made them. But if I had to choose something it would be for any of the worlds to be used as a Mini-Game world again. Like KH2´s Atlantica was allright, I liked the songs and everything but no point in having a world you cannot explore! Which in my consideration is one of the most attractive things on the games. Mess around in areas shown on your childhood cartoons? who wouldn´t want that. So yeah I think that would be my biggest fear for the game (still doubt it will happen though) :P

If we're talking about literal fear, I'm afraid of Marluxia's return being true -- because while it would be awesome, I just have the feeling that KH3 would really up his Creep Factor to max, and he already creeped me out enough in CoM. :| (Even if I really do like the guy.) So yes, I'm afraid of fighting him. xD

In terms of the game itself, I have a lot of faith in Nomura, so I'm not too worried. It's already clear that they're going to save everyone (the Wayfinder trio, the Nobodies), and I seriously doubt they'll come back just to die, so I'm not afraid of that, either. The one thing that would irritate me is if the game backtracked on Terra's character development in Blank Points; it's subtle enough that a lot of people (most fans, it seems, since everyone thinks he's going to be one of the Darknesses) have totally missed it, so I hope KH3 doesn't just go "nah" and decide to retcon it after all. That would be seriously disappointing. :

The 'open-world' aspect is actually only a slightly larger version of what we got in KHII. I know we're not supposed to get loading screens in-between areas, but I don't want that to be an excuse to make the worlds feel smaller. At least with KHII, the loading screens came with it a sense of progression where, at one point you're at the bottom of a mountain in China to now being at the top. I want to feel like I'm actually going more than a couple blocks away from where I started, wherever that may be. 

Edited by Kaweebo

i doubt anyone of actual importance is going to die other than Xehanort and even then he may slip by with some end other than death. 

personally i have low expectations and i'm expecting nothing impressive. it has to compete with KH2 when it comes to giving us closure on the series so far and that's a tough competition. doesn't help that the ending is banking on me being emotionally invested in all the characters when i actually don't like most of them. Terra, Ven and Aqua feel too much like afterthoughts, Axel is getting stale, Xion is Xion, and as far as I'm concerned Roxas and Namine's arcs were resolved in KH2 so to see them being dug back up just doesn't strike any emotional chords with me other than disappointment. 

pretty much i'm only playing KH3 just because it feels like an obligation. i've invested so much time and money into this series that i figure i should at least see how things end. 

I'm afraid our expectations might just ruin the whole game. KH2 is over 10 years old now and a majority of us, including me, have been waiting for a looonngg time. What if when it releases it's nothing like we expected? In a bad way?

It's pretty hard to keep your expectations and 'hype' low when you've been waiting for so long.

Another thing I'm afraid of is the game ending up being a buggy, broken and lazy mess on release. I have faith in Nomura but considering the state quite a few games recently have been released in it's still a fear.

Oh and I don't think it will ever happen but the whole episodic releases of the FF7 remake being applied to KH3 would break my heart and annoy me. A lot.

Maybe add potential DLC to the list too. I don't really know how I would feel about that.  :/

EDIT: & the plot just being ridiculous. I won't really expand much into that since I've already written a lot and I'm pretty sure others would have already covered my points. All I want is a good controlling game that ties up the 'Xehanort Saga'  :P

and everybody maybe being kinda happy at the end??... until KH4... ._.

Edited by TheEightMelodies

Filthy DLC practices by Square Enix, for instance, PRE ORDER AND GET THIS EXCLUSIVE VARIATION OF THE ULTIMA KEYBLADE THAN CANNOT BE OBTAINED IN THE GAME.