Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Minato arisato

Game Sins: Everything Wrong with FF13

I still don't quite understand why people hate this game lol. I didn't even make it past the first video and most of his arguments could be made for any game/movie/show series xD

Then what you've said is extremely faulty due to the fact it gets more contrived later on and i still don't understand the plot

Can you explain to me, the exact plot? 

From what the plot has shown they could've done nothing and the trilogy wouldn't have happened 

The characters are lifeless as well

Then what you've said is extremely faulty due to the fact it gets more contrived later on and i still don't understand the plot

From what the plot has shown they could've done nothing and the trilogy wouldn't have happened 

2:50 untill 4:22

BUT serious here Explanation

30:44 untill 31:55 my explanation 

Edited by AwesomeKHfan

I lack the time, if I had time I would gladly explain it to you slowly.

Off topic: I honestly thought I was going to have tons of people bashing my first post XDDD

Then what you've said is extremely faulty due to the fact it gets more contrived later on and i still don't understand the plotCan you explain to me, the exact plot? From what the plot has shown they could've done nothing and the trilogy wouldn't have happened The characters are lifeless as well

How is my statement "faulty"? I specifically said that I had not made it past the first video. It would be faulty if I had said that every single argument he made throughout the entirety of the video series was off lol. Is the plot perfect? Absolutely not. In fact, the first time I played the game, I stopped halfway through for about six months before I picked it back up. I started to understand the story more after I played the game in it's entirety a few times. In a nutshell, it's pretty much just a group of kids who are chosen for a task, find out what that task really means, and then choose to either take it on or rebel against it. A basic plot. Does it have make sense all of the time? Not a chance. But I feel like that is due to some faulty explanation. For certain things, the story almost expects the viewer to know exactly what people are talking about. (L'cie, Fal'cie, the Maker, Ragnarok). Things that are touched on later in the game, but if you don't make it that far, then you are stuck not knowing what it is all about. That is a real issue with the game. I feel like there is an actual word for it but, I can't think of it and I digress.To explain the exact plot to you would be about the same as playing the game yourself, or looking it up on the internet. Furthermore, I did not specifically say that the plot was flawless in my previous comment, so I do not know where you got that impression. What I said was that the arguments made could have been made for any other form of entertainment, not just Final Fantasy XIII. "From what the plot has shown they could've done nothing and the trilogy wouldn't have happened." Can't that besaid for any story?And as for the characters being lifeless: Lightning, yeah I'll give you that. (Though, if my parents died, plus I thought my sister was dead, plus I realized I was nothing but a puppet for a god that wanted me to help destroy everything; I think I might just be a little lifeless myself).Is Hope lifeless? I wouldn't call him lifeless, but he's certainly a whiny character. Explain to me how Snow, Fang, Vanille, and Sazh are lifeless.All in all, my statement was aimed at no one in particular. I was not mad. I was not attempting to make anyone else mad. I was merely wondering why people hated Final Fantasy XIII so much. Also, because of the internet, I could not tell if you were trying to be legitimate or just arguing, but if you were just arguing, there was no need. Just like there is no need to completely bash a game just because you do not understand or like it.

You clearly missed the point of the "everything wrong with..." series.

Now that you point it out, I do see that.

How is my statement "faulty"? I specifically said that I had not made it past the first video. It would be faulty if I had said that every single argument he made throughout the entirety of the video series was off lol.Is the plot perfect? Absolutely not. In fact, the first time I played the game, I stopped halfway through for about six months before I picked it back up. I started to understand the story more after I played the game in it's entirety a few times. In a nutshell, it's pretty much just a group of kids who are chosen for a task, find out what that task really means, and then choose to either take it on or rebel against it. A basic plot. Does it have make sense all of the time? Not a chance. But I feel like that is due to some faulty explanation. For certain things, the story almost expects the viewer to know exactly what people are talking about. (L'cie, Fal'cie, the Maker, Ragnarok). Things that are touched on later in the game, but if you don't make it that far, then you are stuck not knowing what it is all about. That is a real issue with the game. I feel like there is an actual word for it but, I can't think of it and I digress.To explain the exact plot to you would be about the same as playing the game yourself, or looking it up on the internet. Furthermore, I did not specifically say that the plot was flawless in my previous comment, so I do not know where you got that impression. What I said was that the arguments made could have been made for any other form of entertainment, not just Final Fantasy XIII."From what the plot has shown they could've done nothing and the trilogy wouldn't have happened." Can't that besaid for any story?And as for the characters being lifeless: Lightning, yeah I'll give you that. (Though, if my parents died, plus I thought my sister was dead, plus I realized I was nothing but a puppet for a god that wanted me to help destroy everything; I think I might just be a little lifeless myself).Is Hope lifeless? I wouldn't call him lifeless, but he's certainly a whiny character. Explain to me how Snow, Fang, Vanille, and Sazh are lifeless.All in all, my statement was aimed at no one in particular. I was not mad. I was not attempting to make anyone else mad. I was merely wondering why people hated Final Fantasy XIII so much. Also, because of the internet, I could not tell if you were trying to be legitimate or just arguing, but if you were just arguing, there was no need. Just like there is no need to completely bash a game just because you do not understand or like it.Now that you point it out, I do see that.

I don't know what other people did, but I read through the whole thing that explains the concepts, the society, the places, etc. Therefor, I had no problems with the story. Maybe this is why people find the plot to be misleading, because they don't read those things (I can't remember the name at the moment :/)

I agree with you, just wanted to make it clear xD

I don't know what other people did, but I read through the whole thing that explains the concepts, the society, the places, etc. Therefor, I had no problems with the story. Maybe this is why people find the plot to be misleading, because they don't read those things (I can't remember the name at the moment :/)  I agree with you, just wanted to make it clear xD

The "Datalog" I think? Haha and thanks. Whether or not you agreed, I appreciate that you took the time to read lol.

I really wish that at this point that they had not called this a Final Fantasy game, because you know if it were called anything else it would be loved.  This game is a masterpiece but just because it wasn't exactly what people wanted from a next gen FF they choose to tear it apart at every turn.

Wait, I thought someone already posted these videos?  Oh well

FFXIII is certainly... interesting.  Rather its a bad interesting or a good interesting, I'll let you decide.

I really wish that at this point that they had not called this a Final Fantasy game, because you know if it were called anything else it would be loved.  This game is a masterpiece but just because it wasn't exactly what people wanted from a next gen FF they choose to tear it apart at every turn.

I actually have the opposite opinion.  I feel like if this weren't a Final Fantasy game, it would be even more hated, and then eventually fade away into the realms of obscurity.  Seriously, I feel like a lot of the fans are only fans of FFXIII because it is a FF game, and some people have such strong loyalties to the FF series that they will love any main FF game, even if it is really flawed.

no one should take these things seriously. if anything they come off more like a lightning round of meh jokes.

also has anyone done an Everything Wrong With Final Fantasy X video because there's a pretty big sin in that game. 

amiright guys

I don't take it seriously but it's not like it doesn't point out flaws and looks blatant whenever you see so many scenes of cringe that it's hard to believe anyone likes it, not to mention the plot falling apart due to looking at it at this perspective. 

How is my statement "faulty"? I specifically said that I had not made it past the first video. It would be faulty if I had said that every single argument he made throughout the entirety of the video series was off lol.Is the plot perfect? Absolutely not. In fact, the first time I played the game, I stopped halfway through for about six months before I picked it back up. I started to understand the story more after I played the game in it's entirety a few times. In a nutshell, it's pretty much just a group of kids who are chosen for a task, find out what that task really means, and then choose to either take it on or rebel against it. A basic plot. Does it have make sense all of the time? Not a chance. But I feel like that is due to some faulty explanation. For certain things, the story almost expects the viewer to know exactly what people are talking about. (L'cie, Fal'cie, the Maker, Ragnarok). Things that are touched on later in the game, but if you don't make it that far, then you are stuck not knowing what it is all about. That is a real issue with the game. I feel like there is an actual word for it but, I can't think of it and I digress.To explain the exact plot to you would be about the same as playing the game yourself, or looking it up on the internet. Furthermore, I did not specifically say that the plot was flawless in my previous comment, so I do not know where you got that impression. What I said was that the arguments made could have been made for any other form of entertainment, not just Final Fantasy XIII."From what the plot has shown they could've done nothing and the trilogy wouldn't have happened." Can't that besaid for any story?And as for the characters being lifeless: Lightning, yeah I'll give you that. (Though, if my parents died, plus I thought my sister was dead, plus I realized I was nothing but a puppet for a god that wanted me to help destroy everything; I think I might just be a little lifeless myself).Is Hope lifeless? I wouldn't call him lifeless, but he's certainly a whiny character. Explain to me how Snow, Fang, Vanille, and Sazh are lifeless.All in all, my statement was aimed at no one in particular. I was not mad. I was not attempting to make anyone else mad. I was merely wondering why people hated Final Fantasy XIII so much. Also, because of the internet, I could not tell if you were trying to be legitimate or just arguing, but if you were just arguing, there was no need. Just like there is no need to completely bash a game just because you do not understand or like it.Now that you point it out, I do see that.

I meant they've seriously could have done nothing and the conflict of the plot would've been avoided, the priest dude seriously wanted them to kill him so Raganok could happen or whatever, instead they did it anyway for some contrived reason. 

Snow: The asshole who just charges recklessly and got hope's mother killed, who also doesn't change the way he does things, showing he hasn't learned a thing.

Sazh: The comedy relief black dude that seriously just feels there, even the cast doesn't give a shit about him. 

Vanielle: Do i seriously have to explain on this character? She's annoying and at most she comes off as a ditzy tease. 

I don't know what other people did, but I read through the whole thing that explains the concepts, the society, the places, etc. Therefor, I had no problems with the story. Maybe this is why people find the plot to be misleading, because they don't read those things (I can't remember the name at the moment :/)

I agree with you, just wanted to make it clear xD

The plot is misleading mostly due to the fact, it's not logical and doesn't care where it's going, if needed some one explaining that to me, is already bad enough and it executing it in a confusing manner for no reason. The characters act all confused, which leads to the player as well. 

Edited by Minato arisato

I don't take it seriously but it's not like it doesn't point out flaws and looks blatant whenever you see so many scenes of cringe that it's hard to believe anyone likes it, not to mention the plot falling apart due to looking at it at this perspective. I meant they've seriously could have done nothing and the conflict of the plot would've been avoided, the priest dude seriously wanted them to kill him so Raganok could happen or whatever, instead they did it anyway for some contrived reason. Snow: The asshole who just charges recklessly and got hope's mother killed, who also doesn't change the way he does things, showing he hasn't learned a thing.Sazh: The comedy relief black dude that seriously just feels there, even the cast doesn't give a shit about him. Vanielle: Do i seriously have to explain on this character? She's annoying and at most she comes off as a ditzy tease. The plot is misleading mostly due to the fact, it's not logical and doesn't care where it's going, if needed some one explaining that to me, is already bad enough and it executing it in a confusing manner for no reason. The characters act all confused, which leads to the player as well.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't call that lifeless. However, my whole point in this is that I don't think it is right to bash a game publically just because you don't enjoy it. Everyone has their own opinion. If someone doesn't like the game, that's totally fine, but don't go out bashing it to everyone and bashing others for liking it. (Again, not pointing specifically at you, just speaking in general).

Final Fantasy XIII was built on the foundations and ideas of VII and X. In other words: Best graphics, complex scenario, great soundtrack. It's also the same team. They achieved everything they wanted to with this game and more. Final Fantasy XIII received critical acclaim and has gone on to sell over 7.1 million copies before iOS & Android sales along with PS Now money. The sequels received further critical acclaim including a perfect score from Famitsu and sold millions.

Please look forward to Motomu Toriyama's new project later this year.

Edited by Sora96

Fair enough, but I wouldn't call that lifeless. However, my whole point in this is that I don't think it is right to bash a game publically just because you don't enjoy it. Everyone has their own opinion. If someone doesn't like the game, that's totally fine, but don't go out bashing it to everyone and bashing others for liking it. (Again, not pointing specifically at you, just speaking in general).

Actually, I think its a right we have to state our opinions on subjects, and that includes bashing games or other fictional media that we don't like (and that also includes fictional characters).  Besides, I don't really think Minato was bashing FFXIII; they were just stating they don't like the game and find the characters boring and the plot confusing.  Just because someone doesn't like (or even hates) something you like doesn't mean they're bashing it.

I definitely agree with you though that it is never okay to bash people for having different opinions on that topic.  Its fine to state how much you love or hate something, but don't treat others badly for having the opposite opinion.  And yes, people who like something do bash those who hate or dislike it, its not just limited to haters doing it.

FFXIII has a very split fanbase xD

You get people (like me) that say that the story is amazing, well explained, and the game allows you to check anything you don't understand. Furthermore, the characters are amazing!

On the other hand, you get people saying the complete opposite. Nothing wrong with that though! It's just a matter of opinions here!