Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheFinalPersonaKeyblade

Well,Then. Crash Bandicoot Is Returning.

As long as it's not Naughty Dog I'm fine with it.

Um...Naughty Dog MADE the Crash games lol. If you're saying this because of how the recent Crash games have been garbage,than that's because Naughty Dog sold the rights to Crash to another company. If anything, Activison should not be the ones making the Crash games.

Edited by Tails

Just out of curiosity, why not? Have they firetrucked up lately?

but Naughty Dog made the best Crash games D:

Naughty Dog make mature games now. The Last of Us and Uncharted. PlayStation's greatest first-party games of all time. They tried to make Jak 4 but it went away from the franchise is. I don't want to see them making kid games. They need to make The Last of Us 2.

Um...Naughty Dog MADe the Crash games lol. If you're saying this because of how the recent Crash games have been garbage,than that's because Naughty Dog sold the rights to Crash to another company. If anything, Activison should not be the ones making the Crash games.

No, Sony always owns Naughty Dog's IPs.

Naughty Dog make mature games now. The Last of Us and Uncharted. PlayStation's greatest first-party games of all time. They tried to make Jak 4 but it went away from the franchise is. I don't want to see them making kid games. They need to make The Last of Us 2.

Yes but ND still developed the Crash games. But they sold the rights to Activison. Look it up bro.

I don't think I agree with that logic. I'm sure they're just as capable of producing Crash titles in a similar vein to how they used to without getting to mixed up with the mature nature of their other big titles. That's like saying you don't want Square to make Final Fantasy anymore because they make lighter titles like Kingdom Hearts and you're afraid it might rub off into it. As long as someone is good at making two completely different things and can keep themselves from mixing too much of one into the other, I'd say they're pretty capable of doing anything. And besides, games get accidentally darker/lighter all the time, and for differing reasons. I doubt the reason Jak 4 felt off to people was because ND thought they needed to make it as mature as it's other games, it was likely for other creative reasons.

Yes but ND still developed the Crash games. But they sold the rights to Activison. Look it up bro.

No you look it up bro. Naughty Dog is owned by Sony. ALL IPs created by Naughty Dog are owned by Sony. Naughty Dog have said this multiple times. Selling Crash was Sony's decision.

I don't think I agree with that logic. I'm sure they're just as capable of producing Crash titles in a similar vein to how they used to without getting to mixed up with the mature nature of their other big titles. That's like saying you don't want Square to make Final Fantasy anymore because they make lighter titles like Kingdom Hearts and you're afraid it might rub off into it. As long as someone is good at making two completely different things and can keep themselves from mixing too much of one into the other, I'd say they're pretty capable of doing anything. And besides, games get accidentally darker/lighter all the time, and for differing reasons. I doubt the reason Jak 4 felt off to people was because ND thought they needed to make it as mature as it's other games, it was likely for other creative reasons.

It's not logic. It's the truth. You can look it up. They tried to make Jak 4 but it went away from what the franchise is and ended up making The Last of Us instead. Having the creators of arguably the game of a generation make Crash would be a waste. Thankfully it's unlikely to happen.

No, that's a silly comparison. The original KH games were developed alongside Toriyama & Kitase's FF games. You were never not getting something.

I'm sure they weren't attempting to make a 'dark 'n gritty' Jak & Daxter just for the sake of it, but the end result is essentially what the concept art shows it to be, which is kind of dark and dreary. Even Jak II & 3 had some color and life to it with it's cartoon graphics. While I think they'd do a potentially good job with Crash, that's just not where its heart is anymore. The guys who started ND have long packed up and now it's turned its gears to something else. 

This is probably some of the best PS4 related news I've heard in my life. I've wanted a real Crash game again for years. As long as Activision doesn't make this one, I'm sure I'll be really happy. This is the thing that I've said would really push me to get a PS4, and it looks like it's actually happening.

No you look it up bro. Naughty Dog is owned by Sony. ALL IPs created by Naughty Dog are owned by Sony. Naughty Dog have said this multiple times. Selling Crash was Sony's decision.

It's not logic. It's the truth. You can look it up. They tried to make Jak 4 but it went away from what the franchise is and ended up making The Last of Us instead. Having the creators of arguably the game of a generation make Crash would be a waste. Thankfully it's unlikely to happen.

No, that's a silly comparison. The original KH games were developed alongside Toriyama & Kitase's FF games. You were never not getting something.

Pretty sure it's logic, since it is based off reasoning that you have concluded after observing a repeated pattern coupled with sources you've cited, buuuuuut if you want to write it as the truth, then by all means do so, it's more for your benefit than mine.

And hey, I'm just as entitled as you are to back up my "silly comparison" and stand by it. I mean, from my perspective what you are saying sounds just as silly to me, so if anything it still works, as far as I'm concerned anyway. I mean that kind of feels like what we're both doing at this point isn't it? Criticizing criticisms?

In any case, I tend to be an optimist about things, so I usually have pretty good faith in someone until I myself witness something to shake those branches. Plus, I've never been too involved with either Crash or Jak, so I guess you could say I have no real frame of reference. But again, I just tend to be an optimist about these things, so it's really up to me to play these games and determine whether I think they deviate from what they're supposed to be later on in their lives. But you've got your reasons for thinking otherwise I guess.

Jak 4? You mean the Lost Frontier one right?

WAIT WAIT WAIT, YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS LOVABLE, SHIRTLESS BANDICOOT FREAK IS COMING BACK!?  HOLY MOTHER OF CHIMICHANGAS, THAT'S BADASS!!!! :D

I played a Game Boy Crash game by the name of Crash Banidcoot: The Big Adventure, (Or was it Great Adventure?) Wrath Of Cortex and Twinsanity for PS2!  I also remember playing bits of the old PS1 Crash games, and I've got some good memories with that crazy freak! Glad to see he's making a comeback!  But I'm just hoping they don't go the route of the Mind Over Mutant games...those are a bit of a stump...

Now, if they're making a good 'ol platforming Crash like the Crash games of old, then that's badass! :D