Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's DISSIDIA 012 Review

DISSIDIA 012 FINAL FANTASY is the prequel and follow up to DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY, both for the PlayStation Portable. Directed by Mitsunori Takahashi & produced by Ichiro Hazama and developed by Square Enix 1st Production Department. Those two are now in Business Division 4. Written by Saori Itamuro & Akiko Ishibashi and composed by Takeharu Ishimoto.

What this game is all about is fan service. There is sooo much fan service. A lot of it good, a lot weird.

Seeing your favourite characters like Lightning and Yuna interact with voice acting is amazing.

The scenario is fine, it does its job, the point is to see your favourite characters not some epic scenario you'd expect in a normal FINAL FANTASY game.

The music is great, as it should be.

There is a lot of depth and content to this title so you could easily spend a hundred hours here.

Graphically it's quite nice, even in 2016.

The gameplay also works and works well.

There's also online but I obviously couldn't try it out.

The game's problem is the difficulty however. The game is very hard even on easy. There's an RPG mode, but that's not the answer, the answer is making your game's difficulty balanced out. Some characters are simply a pain to use to be honest. I'm trying to use Kuja and his attacks are absolutely pathetic and they expect you to defeat 3 characters with him without any health restores or the chance to level up him.

DISSIDIA 012 does a lot right, and looks great but it's also very hard.

7/10

True, I can definitely agree with you on that one.

The difficulty spike is enormous, especially the 0th cycle. If you want to level up the Villains or other characters like Prishe and Shanotto, you should first find the best day to get loads of EXP and AP. Then, to level up multiple characters fast, you should try out Party Battles. This way you can use a single strong character to wipe out weaker enemies while still getting the other characters the EXP they need.

Or, if you want to focus on one character at a time, set your chocobo play style to the "Grind" option and go into 1-on-1. You will get loads of double, triple, and occasionally 5x bonuses for gaining EXP. Literally no treasures will appear, but the loot from the chocobos aren't all that great anyway.

As for the AP...

You can actually unlock Chaos as a 1-on-1 opponent. You might already have this, so if you do, you can get tons of AP, since his fight is always his three forms. The AP multiplier days are one of the most efficient times to grind for some AP.

True, even after a lot of hard grinding, it is still challenging, but if you are truly skilled enough, and you use your summon stones right, every fight is possible to win. (Good luck with that though xD )

You can level of characters by just having them battle in 1v1's if you're finding the missions difficult.

I actually appreciate the difficulty of the game for the most part. There are some instances where the computer is maxed out and can break you with one hit, but ultimately, it forces you to be good at the game. Each character plays differently, and although it has a steep learning curve for some of them (Tidus in particular has a tricky battle style), it's fun learning how to best use each character. All of the challenges in the game can be overcome if you're willing to learn the ins and outs of the characters you use.

It's also SUUUPER LONG. But I like that though, games that give you the chance to play for a long time without it being mandatory or padded out with a bunch of empty or meaningless sidequests. Everything that adds to Dissidia 012's play time adds to the experience and makes it even more worth playing than the original, which was still fun in it's own right.

530 hours.

*Lets that number sink in.*

Yep, that's the amount of time Transcendent what's his name poured into that game!  Seriously, any more hours, and I think the guy would've gone to the hospital in a stretcher!  But hey, I can't blame him!  The game was fun, had tons of things to do, and lots of badass characters to play as!  I loved the story too, and the music was awesome!  I'd challenge Transcendent what's his name's friends to battles, and overall, it was a blast to play! :D

My best characters were Warrior Of Tights, Fishion, Onion Tights, Cecil Harvey Dent, Bart Simpson, Terratina Brandford, Cloud Strifer, Squall Lionguts, Zidane Tribeman, Kain Dragonwind, Vaan Sneakers, Yuna,(Yeah, I couldn't think of a way to twist her name up...) Gilgafetish, Prishy, Garland Ornament, Golbat, Sephibob and Kujapeno! :3

Ah yeah, good times!  Can't wait to play the new one when it comes out over here next year! :D

530 hours.

*Lets that number sink in.*

Yep, that's the amount of time Transcendent what's his name poured into that game!  Seriously, any more hours, and I think the guy would've gone to the hospital in a stretcher!  But hey, I can't blame him!  The game was fun, had tons of things to do, and lots of badass characters to play as!  I loved the story too, and the music was awesome!  I'd challenge Transcendent what's his name's friends to battles, and overall, it was a blast to play! :D

My best characters were Warrior Of Tights, Fishion, Onion Tights, Cecil Harvey Dent, Bart Simpson, Terratina Brandford, Cloud Strifer, Squall Lionguts, Zidane Tribeman, Kain Dragonwind, Vaan Sneakers, Yuna,(Yeah, I couldn't think of a way to twist her name up...) Gilgafetish, Prishy, Garland Ornament, Golbat, Sephibob and Kujapeno! :3

Ah yeah, good times!  Can't wait to play the new one when it comes out over here next year! :D

*gasp* You have all my favorites among your list!  Can't believe Deadpool likes my favorites too; it feels awesome!  :3  And wow, 530 hours is a lot, the most I've put in a game (in one playthrough, not all the times I've played it) is about 230 hours.  (Also, you could've called Yuna Yuno Gasai, since their names sound really similar)

To me Kuja was one of the best character,but I guess we all have different playstyles.He has so much mobility during his attacks and he has a lot of range too.

He's one of my favorites too.  I didn't know what to expect when I first played as Kuja during his side quest, but I beat his three opponents in less than a minute, and Kuja was only at level one.

To me Kuja was one of the best character,but I guess we all have different playstyles.He has so much mobility during his attacks and he has a lot of range too.

Yep, I gotta agree with you there, the guy was certainly good to use, and fun to play as!  Personally, I loved beating all the other sorry losers with his magical balls of light!  *Chuckles to myself.* Heh, balls. xD

*gasp* You have all my favorites among your list!  Can't believe Deadpool likes my favorites too; it feels awesome!  :3  And wow, 530 hours is a lot, the most I've put in a game (in one playthrough, not all the times I've played it) is about 230 hours.  (Also, you could've called Yuna Yuno Gasai, since their names sound really similar)

Oh wow, you and I got the same tastes in fighters from the looks of it!  That's pretty badass! :D  Ha, yeah, 530 hours...the game was an addiction. xD  It was that good, I tell ya!  Huh, 230 hours is pretty cool!  That's a lot of playtime, bud!

Ooh, you're right, should've gone with Yuno Gasai! *Facepalms.* Oh well, now I know for next time! :3

Heh, but yeah, kicking ass with Last Fantasy characters is definitely a blast!  Ha, but if I would've been a fighter there, I'd have probably kicked Feral Chernabog's ass right then and there, cuz I'm that awesome! :P  But yeah, I unlocked Feral Chernabog too, so when that happened, I felt accomplished! :3