Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII for Android Review

Motomu Toriyama and Yoshinori Kitase's LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII has been released as its own dedicated app for iOS & Android devices. With this you can stream this amazing game to your smartphone or tablet. Today, I installed it on my smartphone and was quite impressed.

I am using an Australian Internet connection which are years behind countries like Japan & the United States and despite this I was able to stream the game to my smartphone quite well. At times the graphics did go quite low but generally the game kept looking pretty good. At times I was blown away as the game looked stunning.

The controls are stunning. The battle system works perfectly with the touch controls. Way better than a keyboard as I used for the PC port. However since my smartphone isn't that big some controls overlapped with each other but I managed to work around it easily.

All audio was preserved and plays perfectly. 

The Android version runs pretty well on my smartphone so it must run really well in Japan. I hope to see the iOS & Android versions of the FINAL FANTASY XIII series released worldwide one day.

10/10

I know that this is for the Andriod versipn, but I have a question. Do any versions that you've tried have the lag problem fixed? I experienced a lot of lag with the ps3 version, mostly in The Wildlands and during most cutscenes. I'm not complaining, its my favorite game in the trilogy, but I was wondering.

I know that this is for the Andriod versipn, but I have a question. Do any versions that you've tried have the lag problem fixed? I experienced a lot of lag with the ps3 version, mostly in The Wildlands and during most cutscenes. I'm not complaining, its my favorite game in the trilogy, but I was wondering.

Wow, I didn't find any lag at all in the PS3 xD

Might have been your PS3. I had no lag on PS3 or Android.

I can't find it in my Play Store....

Japanese