Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SnowPint7Fourths

'Now in Development'

I would like to get your perspective on something that's displayed at the end of the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Jump Festa trailer when it states 'Now in Development.'

The announcement trailer we got for 2.8 at Tokyo Game Show confirmed the game would release during '2016' in Japan. However the English announcement trailer of 2.8 states 'Now in Development', even though Square Enix's public relation team stated it would be 'Coming 2016!'. Then the second Japanese trailer we received a few months later at Jump Festa states 'Now in Development', instead of the initial '2016' release year. I am aware that Square Enix's public relation team confirmed in the description box on Youtube that the game is 'Coming 2016!', but why does it not say that at the end of the trailer like the initial one did? I am very confident that the game will release in 2016 however it feels as though Square Enix are giving us mixed messages. Is the trailer confirming 2.8 is 'Now in Development' or is the game definitely releasing in 2016? The way I see this there are three possibilities: 

1) Square Enix put 2016 at the end of the Tokyo Game Show trailer but then later decided to use 'Now in Development' as a cover up to keep us in anticipation. Almost as if they put '2016' in the trailer but afterwards became conflicted on whether to change this before its premiere. Or -

2) The Osaka team are not 100% certain they can release the game by 2016 and are using 'Now in development' in future trailers as a safety net. Or -

3) Due to the unlikely possibility of a delayed development cycle Square Enix may not be confident the game can be localised internationally by the end of 2016, possibly answering why the English announcement trailer states 'Now in Development'. However the public relations team may believe they can accomplish this. This possibly gives us the reason why 'Coming 2016!' is now only being stated on social media and not in the actual trailer. 

As mentioned, I am confident that they can achieve a seamless development process and everyone will eventually receive 2.8 during 2016. However the main point I am raising is that it feels as though Square Enix are giving us mixed messages regarding 2.8's release and it makes me question why they can't just state '2016' like they did in the announcement trailer? I would like to know your views on why Square Enix aren't giving us a straight answer for the release year within the actual trailer.

Do you think Square Enix are questioning the validity of a 2016 release year due to conflicting opinions and uncertainty within the company? Do you believe they may be regretting giving out the release year for 2.8 too soon? Are they using 'Now in Development' as a mere cover up to keep us in anticipation? 

Thanks guys! 

Edited by SnowPint7Fourths

I would like to get your perspective on something that's displayed at the end of the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Jump Festa trailer when it states 'Now in Development.'

The announcement trailer we got for 2.8 at Tokyo Game Show confirmed the game would release during '2016' in Japan. However the English announcement trailer of 2.8 states 'Now in Development', even though Square Enix's public relation team stated it would be 'Coming 2016!'. Then the second Japanese trailer we received a few months later at Jump Festa states 'Now in Development', instead of the initial '2016' release year. I am aware that Square Enix's public relation team confirmed in the description box on Youtube that the game is 'Coming 2016!', but why does it not say that at the end of the trailer like the initial one did? I am very confident that the game will release in 2016 however it feels as though Square Enix are giving us mixed messages. Is the trailer confirming 2.8 is 'Now in Development' or is the game definitely releasing in 2016? The way I see this there are three possibilities: 

1) Square Enix put 2016 at the end of the Tokyo Game Show trailer but then later decided to use 'Now in Development' as a cover up to keep us in anticipation. Almost as if they put '2016' in the trailer but afterwards became conflicted on whether to change this before its premiere. Or -

2) The Osaka team are not 100% certain they can release the game by 2016 and are using 'Now in development' in future trailers as a safety net. Or -

3) Due to the unlikely possibility of a delayed development cycle Square Enix may not be confident the game can be localised internationally by the end of 2016, possibly answering why the English announcement trailer states 'Now in Development'. However the public relations team may believe they can accomplish this. This possibly gives us the reason why 'Coming 2016!' is now only being stated on social media and not in the actual trailer. 

As mentioned, I am confident that they can achieve a seamless development process and everyone will eventually receive 2.8 during 2016. However the main point I am raising is it feels as though Square Enix are giving us mixed messages regarding 2.8's release and it makes me question why they can't just state '2016' like they did in the announcement trailer? I would like to know your views on why Square Enix aren't giving us a straight answer for the release year within the actual trailer.

Do you think Square Enix are questioning the validity of a 2016 release year due to conflicting opinions and uncertainty within the company? Do you believe they may be regretting giving out the release year for 2.8 too soon? Are they using 'Now in Development' as a mere cover up to keep us in anticipation? 

Thanks guys! 

I dunno anyon posted before this, I found moments ago too (this could be not the valid date, but square expecting to release the game this year too) ---

Posted Image

Edited by I♥KH

I dunno anyon posted before this, I found moments ago too (this could be not the valid date, but square expecting to release the game this year too) ---

Posted Image

I hate to tell you, but that's a placeholder date. A lot of vendors, including Square Enix, do this and it's not a real release date.

Posted Image

That is a placeholder date, mate. It has no bearing on its actual release.

-----------

On topic: This is most troubling...uncertainty about whenever they can release their own game is not good, but I would prefer they took their time and ironed out all the faults, rather than give us a buggy, unfinished mess, *Coughstreetfighter5cough*, and instead give us a polished, shining Kingdom Hearts Game.

Okay, I've got a few good theories on why the whole release date fiasco for 2.8's being all jumbled up!

• Squared Elvis is trying to troll us...
  • Squared Elvis is intent on trolling us...
  • Squared Elvis really wants to get under our skin by trolling us...
  • SQUARED ELVIS IS MAKING US QUESTION OUR CONCEPT OF REALITY BY TROLLING US AND MAKING US QUESTION OUR IDENTITIES!
  • And pancakes...nuff said. :P

But in all seriousness though, maybe they're just doin' this whole mess to catch us off guard and then surprise us with a dazzling trailer at E3, which is a little over almost 4 months away!  Imagine what can happen during that time!  It could be they're just trying to get us antsy so we get more hyped, and they want to make sure our attention's on 2.8, ya know?

Yeah, but I'm gettin' the feeling that at E3, we'll be blown away, both by 2.8 and KHIII! :D

I still believe 2.8's gonna come out this year for us, though. :P

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Okay, I've got a few good theories on why the whole release date fiasco for 2.8's being all jumbled up!

• Squared Elvis is trying to troll us...
  • Squared Elvis is intent on trolling us...
  • Squared Elvis really wants to get under our skin by trolling us...
  • SQUARED ELVIS IS MAKING US QUESTION OUR CONCEPT OF REALITY BY TROLLING US AND MAKING US QUESTION OUR IDENTITIES!
  • And pancakes...nuff said. :P

But in all seriousness though, maybe they're just doin' this whole mess to catch us off guard and then surprise us with a dazzling trailer at E3, which is a little over almost 4 months away!  Imagine what can happen during that time!  It could be they're just trying to get us antsy so we get more hyped, and they want to make sure our attention's on 2.8, ya know?

Yeah, but I'm gettin' the feeling that at E3, we'll be blown away, both by 2.8 and KHIII (1)! :D

I still believe 2.8's gonna come out this year for us, though (2). :P

1) This...

2) Same here.

Posted Image

Again, let this be for the record, a date like that is a placeholder. It will be this year, but when is uncertain. To me, late this year seems likely.

Yeah, I'm going with #3.  I think they know they will be able to get the Japanese version done this year, but there's more work that go into the international versions so they're not sure exactly when it will be done.