Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Why Master Xehanort bothers himself with getting multiple versions of himself across time if, after a certain period, these versions come back to their own time (as seen in KH3D climax)?

What are you talking about? There is absolutely no possible way for Xemnas, Ansem Seeker of Darkness, and Young Xehanort to come back to the present day, apart from time travel.

Edited by Elfdemon_

What are you talking about? There is absolutely no possible way for Xemnas, Ansem Seeker of Darkness, and Young Xehanort to come back to the present day, apart from time travel.

Didn't his versions from different periods all appear in KH3D? Why Xehanort even bothers himself with this plan if they'll all go back to their time sometime?

Didn't his versions from different periods all appear in KH3D? Why Xehanort even bothers himself with this plan if they'll all go back to their time sometime?

Still not quite sure what you're talking about. Young Xehanort traveled through time to bring many different versions of Xehanort to the present time and use them to form the true Organization 13. Together, they're trying to take the 7 Princesses of Heart. The 7 Guardians of Light are then formed to protect the 7 Princesses. After Xehanort achieves his evil goals, then the 13 seekers of darkness will all go back to their original times.

Still not quite sure what you're talking about. Young Xehanort traveled through time to bring many different versions of Xehanort to the present time and use them to form the true Organization 13. Together, they're trying to take the 7 Princesses of Heart. The 7 Guardians of Light are then formed to protect the 7 Princesses. After Xehanort achieves his evil goals, then the 13 seekers of darkness will all go back to their original times.

So that means there will only be (Master) Xehanort when everything is done?

If you can't change the events that are destined to happen, then what's the point of time travel? Unless he was destined to travel through time. Yes, it's already been written. Darkness will prevail and light shall expire.

If you can't change the events that are destined to happen, then what's the point of time travel? Unless he was destined to travel through time. Yes, it's already been written. Darkness will prevail and light shall expire.

"But who's to say I can't change it? And maybe light will prevail. There's more to light that meets the eye. You might be surprised."

I'm guessing we'll have to wait for KH3 to know the answer to these things.

So that means there will only be (Master) Xehanort when everything is done?

In KH3, we have to stop Master Xehanort and the other Seekers of Darkness, so hopefully, his plan does not succeed. Hopefully not a single Seeker of Darkness will be left when everything is done. Hopefully we defeat them all.

"But who's to say I can't change it? And maybe light will prevail. There's more to light that meets the eye. You might be surprised."

I'm guessing we'll have to wait for KH3 to know the answer to these things.

In KH3, we have to stop Master Xehanort and the other Seekers of Darkness, so hopefully, his plan does not succeed. Hopefully not a single Seeker of Darkness will be left when everything is done. Hopefully we defeat them all.

But, ummm, is it possible to defeat (kill) someone from a different time period?

But, ummm, is it possible to defeat (kill) someone from a different time period?

I'm guessing that if you defeat someone from a different time period, they fade away back to their original time. If not, then things would get very confusing and create a paradox.

the time travel in KH makes it sound like a self-fulfilling prophecy. you can't change time, but then you go back and experience things that would lead to the inevitable outcome, then when you go back to your present time you forget everything but still retain the memories in your heart which influence your choices, leading to the same inevitable outcome. is that how it works?

because if so then it makes it sound completely pointless to time travel unless you had the specific intention of collection 13 versions of yourself to create some kind of super weapon to gain access to a vaguely described entity. 

unless i'm just still not understanding the finer points of how time travel works in KH, it sounds like Nomura wrote time travel to fit the exact needs of Xehanort's plans and then didn't consider the fact that time travel is now an actual concept in this universe, meaning it needs rules that hold up in all situations. 

whatever the case, i hope he doesn't bring time travel back in KH3.

the time travel in KH makes it sound like a self-fulfilling prophecy. you can't change time, but then you go back and experience things that would lead to the inevitable outcome, then when you go back to your present time you forget everything but still retain the memories in your heart which influence your choices, leading to the same inevitable outcome. is that how it works?

because if so then it makes it sound completely pointless to time travel unless you had the specific intention of collection 13 versions of yourself to create some kind of super weapon to gain access to a vaguely described entity. 

unless i'm just still not understanding the finer points of how time travel works in KH, it sounds like Nomura wrote time travel to fit the exact needs of Xehanort's plans and then didn't consider the fact that time travel is now an actual concept in this universe, meaning it needs rules that hold up in all situations. 

whatever the case, i hope he doesn't bring time travel back in KH3.

Yeah, you're right about all of that. I think that's why a lot of people don't like the plot and story of Dream Drop Distance. They feel like the entire thing was just plot convenience. I, personally, think that we don't quite have enough information at the current moment to judge on that though. I'm guessing we will learn a lot more about time travel in KH3 (hopefully at least).

still NO ONE seems to be able to explain the real LOGIC behind time travel in KH (if there's one :/)

this explanation is incomplete, first of all we need to know how should we see TIME in the KH universe (and if it is completely unchangeable then time travel is pointless and KH3D plot only happened in an alternative time line, just saying)

still NO ONE seems to be able to explain the real LOGIC behind time travel in KH (if there's one :/)this explanation is incomplete, first of all we need to know how should we see TIME in the KH universe (and if it is completely unchangeable then time travel is pointless and KH3D plot only happened in an alternative time line, just saying)

We still don't know that much about it to judge. Dream Drop Distance is the most recent KH game (other than Unchained X), so it is too early to judge. Every KH game introduces some sort of concept or new thing in the plot and then relies on the game/games after it to explain it further and to go more in-depth. DDD introduced the concept of time travel, so it's safe to say that what we have been told in DDD is just scratching the surface of time travel and we will most likely have it explained further in KH3 and future KH games. So, I'd hold my judgement until then. 

We still don't know that much about it to judge. Dream Drop Distance is the most recent KH game (other than Unchained X), so it is too early to judge. Every KH game introduces some sort of concept or new thing in the plot and then relies on the game/games after it to explain it further and to go more in-depth. DDD introduced the concept of time travel, so it's safe to say that what we have been told in DDD is just scratching the surface of time travel and we will most likely have it explained further in KH3 and future KH games. So, I'd hold my judgement until then.

Hope you're right, it's just whatever point of view I try to analize KH time-travel, I end up with a contradictory situationthe only thing that can save time-travel is our hypotetic lack of information