Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Pokemon Sun And Moon Announcement Trailer

Names: Meh

I liked the ad though lol

Maybe there IS going to be some sort of Z story in Sun and Moon?The Sun and Moon are connected to the Ecosystem so maybe I dunno, Zygarde has to do something.They could do a Z episode like they did the Delta episode in Omega and Alpha

Have they ever... mixed Gens like that before? It'd be like having the Delta Episode in XY or something.

(Unless Zygarde was actually super important in XY?)

Edited by Xiro

Maybe there IS going to be some sort of Z story in Sun and Moon?The Sun and Moon are connected to the Ecosystem so maybe I dunno, Zygarde has to do something.They could do a Z episode like they did the Delta episode in Omega and Alpha

It really wouldn't make sense to make Zygarde important to a Gen 7 story.

Well I'm excited. I haven't played my pokemon Y since march 2014. Lost my 3DS then. But now with the 2DS i'm going to buy, I'll finely will able Get 7th Generation. and i won't be able to get ORAS now. Hooray My babies(my preiscuis pokemon) new mega pokemon, new legendary pokemon, and more time to catch them all. Hooray for me.

Appropriate xD

Posted Image

Lol imagine if that's what they looked like in the Pokemon Sun/Moon games

Maybe there IS going to be some sort of Z story in Sun and Moon?

The Sun and Moon are connected to the Ecosystem so maybe I dunno, Zygarde has to do something.

They could do a Z episode like they did the Delta episode in Omega and Alpha

That wouldn't really make any sense. 

Welp, Gen 6 is officially the most barebones generation of Pokemon.

Yeah I'm surprised how quickly we're moving on from Gen 6.

I just now realized. After they showed all the regions up to 2013, the narrator says "It all comes together". What do they mean by that? Was that a phrase or....could they possibly be implying all seven regions in one game?!

I watched this with a few friends... this was a straight die of laughter, we already knew that Sun and Moon were confirmed by Nintendo, and the only useful thing in the whole trailer was mentioning them, apart from the Chinese translation which will obviously be of great use to us all xD

However, we looked carefully at the new images, and we could guess that there will be vehicles in the game; what we saw (me and friends) was an ambulance, so this might mean that you could randomly find a Pokémon Center ambulance around a rute or something like that, or when you're defeated, instead of having the game telling you that you ran to a Pokémon Center, you might get this ambulance picking you up or something; we also saw a Jeep kind of vehicle, we could speculate that could be a Safari feature of some sort (you could see some Pokémon on it if that helps at all xD), and to end this we also saw a Firefighter truck (it had a Blastoise on it xD), which we don't know how it could show up, but it's probably just story related.

In a nutshell, I think this was a very overhyped event, and it didn't really tell much unless you look through it carefully.

In response to everyone saying the trailer was underwhelming and didn't show anything, I'm going to go ahead and bring this back up...

https://youtu.be/ywGSON9tNq0

This showed far less, yet people were more excited about it. I don't get why S/M is so disappointing while this reveal is considered by some to be one of the best Pokemon announcements ever when it just showed the boxes.

In response to everyone saying the trailer was underwhelming and didn't show anything, I'm going to go ahead and bring this back up...

https://youtu.be/ywGSON9tNq0

This showed far less, yet people were more excited about it. I don't get why S/M is so disappointing while this reveal is considered by some to be one of the best Pokemon announcements ever when it just showed the boxes.

Why were people hyped for this? Was this the first time those games were shown or something? I don't usually follow Pokémon news, just to let you know xD

Why were people hyped for this? Was this the first time those games were shown or something? I don't usually follow Pokémon news, just to let you know xD

People had wanted these remakes for a while, and this was the first time they were shown. I mean, I was excited (I trust that I'll end up loving the main series Pokemon games so I'm usually content with even just a name), but the S/M reveal had much more to them than this one did.

I also feel like it should be mentioned that this event was also done to celebrate the anniversary, and a lot of the S/M trailer was showing the history that led up to these new games. For new fans it might not be so exciting, but as someone who's been with the series since the anime started airing in North America, I loved seeing how the series has changed before building up to the new game. Honestly, seeing that Gamefreak is acknowledging the legacy behind this game and how this new game will be the result of the 20-year history of my favorite game series ever is enough to get me hyped. I'm looking forward to this more than I am any other game coming this year, and this is all we've seen of it.

Since Black and White people have asking, if not begging, for a Ruby and Sapphire remake cause Red and Blue, Gold and Sliver got remakes of their own. When this got announced, they're prayers were basically answered.  

People had wanted these remakes for a while, and this was the first time they were shown. I mean, I was excited (I trust that I'll end up loving the main series Pokemon games so I'm usually content with even just a name), but the S/M reveal had much more to them than this one did.

I also feel like it should be mentioned that this event was also done to celebrate the anniversary, and a lot of the S/M trailer was showing the history that led up to these new games. For new fans it might not be so exciting, but as someone who's been with the series since the anime started airing in North America, I loved seeing how the series has changed before building up to the new game. Honestly, seeing that Gamefreak is acknowledging the legacy behind this game and how this new game will be the result of the 20-year history of my favorite game series ever is enough to get me hyped. I'm looking forward to this more than I am any other game coming this year, and this is all we've seen of it.

Since Black and White people have asking, if not begging, for a Ruby and Sapphire remake cause Red and Blue, Gold and Sliver got remakes of their own. When this got announced, they're prayers were basically answered.  

Yeah, so it was the first time that they were shown, that makes sense (the first time I heard about these remakes I was really excited, Emerald version is my favourtie Pokémon game! How could I not be excited? xD).

@Shulk: Your second paragraph is the reason why I think the trailer was good but it was ruined by the leak, I've been playing Pokémon ever since Gold/Silver Version were released, and I played Blue version later on, so I've been with Pokémon for quite a few years, and those images really meant something...

Yeah, so it was the first time that they were shown, that makes sense (the first time I heard about these remakes I was really excited, Emerald version is my favourtie Pokémon game! How could I not be excited? xD).

@Shulk: Your second paragraph is the reason why I think the trailer was good but it was ruined by the leak, I've been playing Pokémon ever since Gold/Silver Version were released, and I played Blue version later on, so I've been with Pokémon for quite a few years, and those images really meant something...

I also got into the series with G/S, so I also loved all of the footage from the older games. I do think the leak ruined the surprise, but I'm more upset by the leak itself than the trailer. I'm still really excited, though. xD

What the oficial press release says is a "new world", which was the same thing they said for the oras announcemnt trailer, yet that was an old region. I still believe this will be gen 6.5, taking place in kalos and with a lot of new pokemon to catch and new megas. I could still be wrong though because the announcement definetly made it seem as a new gen.

Edited by neil98

I hope to god they show footage real soon since I expected more.

Most likely E3 at the earliest point.

What the oficial press release says is a "new world", which was the same thing they said for the oras announcemnt trailer, yet that was an old region. I still believe this will be gen 6.5, taking place in kalos and with a lot of new pokemon to catch and new megas. I could still be wrong though because the announcement definetly made it seem as a new gen.

I'll have to go find it, but people are sourcing a press release that says it's Gen 7 and it's very likely just Gen 7. Gen 6 is 3 years old, time to move on.