Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I'm looking for an anime which contains heavy sad theme or tear jerking tropes such as Angle Beats. But please avoid any 18+ (IF U KNOW) Anime.

Any advice people? Sorry for the short post anyway

I hear Clanad is really sad, though I've never seen it myself. :/

Erased is an anime I'm currently watching it and I'm expecting some tearful moments to show up sooner or later. :P

Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso / Your Lie in April is also really sad and is finished in case you want to watch it.

That's all I've got, I think.

Definitely try Clannad, Hotarubi no Mori e ( is both an OVA and Manga), Anohana,  Puella Magi Madoka Magica (depends from person to person, nevertheless still is an awesome anime you should definitely watch), Steins;Gate (is also a game on Vita and PS4) and The girl who leapt through time. I've got a heck ton more though, but they're way to much to list. :P 

I also recommend Clannad and Anohana. If you like reading manga at all try Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. There is an animé series of it but it only covers part of the story before things get really deep and sad in the manga. Plus the animé changes things. 

For Clannad make sure you watch both seasons. The second season is called Clannad Afterstory where most of the sadness occurs.

I also recommend Clannad and Anohana. If you like reading manga at all try Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. There is an animé series of it but it only covers part of the story before things get really deep and sad in the manga. Plus the animé changes things. 

For Clannad make sure you watch both seasons. The second season is called Clannad Afterstory where most of the sadness occurs.

How could I forget this, It's one of my favourite anime/manga series. :O

Watch Death Parade (12 episodes I think) its brand new, just ended recently and its made by MadHouse so its animation is high quality. I definitely shed some tears for that one.

Also when you get towards the later half of the anime there's a mind blowing cameo.

Edited by Kalebninja almighty

Like I always suggest for anime/manga, Pandora Hearts. Lots of mind twisting plot twists, horrifying imagery and lots and lots of blender in a heart character deaths. Don't watch the anime since it's not that good at all (except the drunken party which was amazing). The other few animes that are somewhat tear jerking are Steins;Gate (gets really good half way through), Cowboy Bebop and Clannad according to everyone else above me ^-^

How could I forget this, It's one of my favourite anime/manga series. :O

Did you know there's a sequel to TRC? :D It's called Tsubasa World Chronicle and the first arc of it finishes this month but there's going to be more arcs added to it in the future. It made me cry!

Like I always suggest for anime/manga, Pandora Hearts. Lots of mind twisting plot twists, horrifying imagery and lots and lots of blender in a heart character deaths. Don't watch the anime since it's not that good at all (except the drunken party which was amazing).

Definitely go read Pandora Hearts! One of the best series I've read. And don't bother with the anime, it ends before the series gets truly good... :/

And yeah... As some people have already said, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is pretty good (though it gave me a massive headache with it's nonsense plot... but it's still good, better if you know your CLAMP). Again, the anime is not that great. Except the OVAs, but they wouldn't make much sense if you haven't read the manga. :D

And since I got started on CLAMP, I just have to recommend Tokyo Babylon (again, the manga), if you don't mind slight BL.

Other than those... maybe Kanon (2006)? Pita-ten (the manga) also made me cry, but that might just be me... 

Ooh hoo hoo, you have asked the right question, Valhite!  I know of quite the few anime series that are in the vein of Angel Beats, and are actually from the same studio that made the anime, which is Studio Key!  These anime series are Clannad, Clannad Afterstory, Kanon and Air!  All of them are goosebump-inducing, tear jerking affairs, but the one I found myself crying at the most was Clannad!  I'm not gonna lie, there's this one segment of Afterstory that I had to watch twice, just to see if I'd cry again!  And true enough, I did! But yeah, these anime series I mentioned will make you sweat through your eyes like a real man!!! xD

Also, Death Parade is insane!  Despite the cheery name and opening, trust me, you're in for quite the thrill ride of feels there!  And I just love the ending theme! X_X Another sad anime I'd say is Tokyo Magnitude 8.0!  Oh my God, when that one reached a certain point, I was like: "No frickin way!"

But yeah, right now at the top of my head, those are all the best sad anime I know of up till now!  I've probably watched two or three more, but I don't remember, since I've watched about 60+ anime, so its hard to keep track sometimes! xD

Did you know there's a sequel to TRC? :D It's called Tsubasa World Chronicle and the first arc of it finishes this month but there's going to be more arcs added to it in the future. It made me cry!

Yeah I know, but I'm planning to read it later on so I don't need to wait for a new chapter. :3

Thank you guys for your responses! I'll choose Clannad because many of you said it was very Tear Jerking indeed. Anyway, thank you for the list guys! I'll give a shot to every anime mentioned here