Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Xadec

90's cartoon Gargoyles was considered for Kingdom Hearts

During a Q&A session at MomoCon 2015 with the creators of the popular cartoon Gargoyles (1994 - 1997), they revealed that their hit show had the potential of being featured as one of the worlds in Kingdom Hearts. However, some unfortunate circumstances caused the project to be halted because of the fact that some team members "left Disney", as Greg Weisman, co-creator of Gargoyles, points out. You can check out Greg Weisman's response in full below, starting at 55:13:

Full credit goes to Reddit user toondisneyreboot for spotting this.

Would you enjoy seeing Gargoyles appear in Kingdom Hearts? Let us know in the comments!

Click here to view the article

Hmm, this is most interesting!  I myself have never watched Gargoyles, but apparently, it's a really big deal to a lot of people out there, so the fact that it was being considered for Kingdom Hearts means the show was that good! This is most interesting!  Thanks for this, Xadec! :)

Funny, I had the idea that "Gargoyles" would be perfect for Kingdom Hearts years ago. Just one question? Which would be the scenario or the story. I don't think Manhattan could be used, so either it would be Avalon or the Gargoyles right before get cursed for a thousand years.

As a rational thinker, I think the reason as to why Gargoyles didn't make it into Kingdom Hearts is because it was a TV series. Had it gotten a DisneyToon feature film then it would have been able to make it into the game.

I feel like there's a bit of misrepresentation going on in the description.

The circumstances sound a bit vague, but it sounds like Greg said some people were pushing for it. For all we know, it was never on Nomura's radar.

I feel like there's a bit of misrepresentation going on in the description.

The circumstances sound a bit vague, but it sounds like Greg said some people were pushing for it. For all we know, it was never on Nomura's radar.

He says "we were close" to getting Gargoyles into Kingdom Hearts. That's reason to believe there was a push for it, it just never happened.