Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Xadec

90's cartoon Gargoyles was considered for Kingdom Hearts

As a rational thinker, I think the reason as to why Gargoyles didn't make it into Kingdom Hearts is because it was a TV series. Had it gotten a DisneyToon feature film then it would have been able to make it into the game.

I doubt it. He says is was very close to becoming an actual thing. I doubt it being a TV show has anything to do with it. He says it was cancelled because the people working on it were fired.

I doubt it. He says is was very close to becoming an actual thing. I doubt it being a TV show has anything to do with it. He says it was cancelled because the people working on it were fired.

Honestly, people wouldn't be "fired" just because they encouraged a certain property to be represented in Kingdom Hearts. Those people who got fired probably got fired for reasons entirely unrelated to Kingdom Hearts. I still stand by my previous point.

Honestly, people wouldn't be "fired" just because they encouraged a certain property to be represented in Kingdom Hearts. Those people who got fired probably got fired for reasons entirely unrelated to Kingdom Hearts. I still stand by my previous point.

Other way around dude. He said that Gargoyles wasn't included in Kingdom Hearts because the people working on the show were fired. They weren't fired because they were about to put a show in a game. I mean come on, that sounds ridiculous.

Other way around dude. He said that Gargoyles wasn't included in Kingdom Hearts because the people working on the show were fired. They weren't fired because they were about to put a show in a game. I mean come on, that sounds ridiculous.

Oh, I see. Wow, that's a real bummer! but truth be told, Disney was managed by Michael Eisner back then and he was an egotistical ass. He fired and replaced a bunch of talented individual in order to "save costs".

Oh, I see. Wow, that's a real bummer! but truth be told, Disney was managed by Michael Eisner back then and he was an egotistical ass. He fired and replaced a bunch of talented individual in order to "save costs".

That's the thing though, in the video, he doesn't say when they tried to get the show into the games, it's just more the fact that they tried period. I'm more wondering when this all takes place and for which game they were trying to get the show featured in. I'm thinking Birth By Sleep. 

I don't think it was that close to getting into KH, to be honest. Close would be The Jungle Book in BBS because the world was pretty much developed already. Of course this is based on what people would perceive as close but just talking about it and pushing it doesn't necessarily mean that it was considered to such a degree by those in charge. The reason which makes me believe that is that it is a TV series and KH never had a world based on a series before. I think other movies would have been a lot more likely to appear than Gargoyles.

As much as I like Gargoyles, I feel like it doesn't suit KH. Not only because it's difficult to implement a series with a story like this into a world that lasts about half an hour to hour, but also because I feel that the atmosphere is quite different as well. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but for me there are a lot of other things I'd like to see in KH that come before that.

I don't think it was that close to getting into KH, to be honest. Close would be The Jungle Book in BBS because the world was pretty much developed already. Of course this is based on what people would perceive as close but just talking about it and pushing it doesn't necessarily mean that it was considered to such a degree by those in charge. The reason which makes me believe that is that it is a TV series and KH never had a world based on a series before. I think other movies would have been a lot more likely to appear than Gargoyles.As much as I like Gargoyles, I feel like it doesn't suit KH. Not only because it's difficult to implement a series with a story like this into a world that lasts about half an hour to hour, but also because I feel that the atmosphere is quite different as well. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but for me there are a lot of other things I'd like to see in KH that come before that.

You make a valid point as far as it getting close. However many people seem to be forgetting that there is a cartoon that was originally from TV that's featured in a Kingdom Hearts game, we know it as Timeless River. This is not a Disney movie, in fact it was made before Cartoons were even considered to be movies. Granted it wasn't featured on Disney Channel, but never the less it is still a Disney cartoon that was originally featured on TV. 

You make a valid point as far as it getting close. However many people seem to be forgetting that there is a cartoon that was originally from TV that's featured in a Kingdom Hearts game, we know it as Timeless River. This is not a Disney movie, in fact it was made before Cartoons were even considered to be movies. Granted it wasn't featured on Disney Channel, but never the less it is still a Disney cartoon that was originally featured on TV.

That's a very good point, but Timeless River always struck me as a world that had an immediate connection to Mickey and Co. The amount of story in the original series was also rather episodic in comparison to Gargoyles and they did not have to introduce that many characters in Timeless River.I admit though, that Timeless River wasn't really on my radar as a series, mainly because it features known characters and the story revolves around the Cornerstone of Light for a majority of the time.

Personally, I'd want to see Darkwing Duck. His series took place in the same universe as Duck Tales, which Scrooge and the Nephews do show up in the games. I think it would be an interesting dynamic to see Donald interact with Darkwing. 

As a rational thinker, I think the reason as to why Gargoyles didn't make it into Kingdom Hearts is because it was a TV series. Had it gotten a DisneyToon feature film then it would have been able to make it into the game.

Could have used the movie version of the first 5 (I think) episodes. I can see Sora getting to know them for who they are, while wondering how anyone can see them as monsters.And seeing how strongly Goliath cares for his family by allowing himself to turn to stone just like them. And since the series introduced time travel, he could possibly end up on Avalon or Manhattan to see them free. All though I think TV shows would be better for the side games, as they could better use them for more mission based stuff (like Days). DuckTales would be great with going on adventures with Scrooge. More so since Sora would really get to know him.