Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ReverofE

What would ruin KH3 for you?

I think if Square opts for fan service, bringing back characters which shouldn't ought to be brought back EG Xion and sacrificing the coherence of the story even more than they have done will REALLY cheese me off

- sora not getting any character development (i kind of feel that his "character development" has been rather stagnant for the past few games? like yea we get it you like your friends and thats great but what else is there to his character)

- kairi getting shafted AGAIN (LET KAIRI DO SOMETHING P L E A S E)

^THIS

- not a happy ending for all the good characters- not all questions/secrets be answered/revealed about Xehanort & Co. + incident about Heartless/Nobody that caused 10 years ago (since KH3 is the final Saga of Xehanort)- the people who suffered/torment, because of Xehanort (and being tricked/manipulated/brainwashed by him) not being saved (like Terra, Aqua,Ventus and Isa)- not enough background information and character development about the original KH - Charakters- Sora + Kairi not being a couple- Plotholes- no new FF Characters

Edited by Krysta

There are a couple of things.

- In-game purchases. (It seems that you pay for almost everything on PS4 nowadays)

- A singing world. (Unless you give me something incredible in return for the annoyance the world put me through)

- A Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts III releasing in Japan. (Or making a Final Mix version in general)

- Allies that limit the amount of abilities you can use. (#1 reason why I'm not fond of Dream Drop Distance)

- Bosses that are overpowered right at the start of the game. (Remember Hockomonkey and Wargoyle?)

- Gaining abilities by getting your allies to "like" you. (MEOW WOW, IM NOT HERE FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT, OR TO PLAY NINTENDOGS! NOW GIVE ME LEAF BRACER!)

Edited by Endless Thundaga

I think if Square opts for fan service, bringing back characters which shouldn't ought to be brought back EG Xion and sacrificing the coherence of the story even more than they have done will REALLY cheese me off

lol, that's part of the plot in KH3, my friend.

He definitely is a straight up villain, though. As much as people want to hype up his "balance" thing, his motivations are basically that he's going to screw things up just to see what happens (like a kid shoving his finger in a pencil sharpener), and his means to this end have been entirely negative in their impact, from ruining the individual lives of people to instigating the devouring of worlds and near annihilation of the universe. He's yet to do anything remotely positive or "Light," which makes his claims to making a balance a load of bologna.

There's definitely a chronic "Show, don't tell" problem with him:

1. They tell us he's well-intentioned, but keep showing us practically a male Maleficent on steroids.

2. They tell us he's "a devious tactician" with bad@$$ foresight, but keep showing him only really succeeding via retcon and/or Nerfing everyone else in the process.

3. They tell us his views themselves are superior to Eraqus's, but keep showing Darkness as mostly bad anyway (note -- even Riku ultimately said, "Consume the Darkness, return it to Light").

P.S.: At least Leonard Nimoy's voice made him sound cool and sagely.

Edited by Alan Smithee

There are a couple of things.- In-game purchases. (It seems that you pay for almost everything on PS4 nowadays)- A singing world. (Unless you give me something incredible in return for the annoyance the world put me through)- A Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts III releasing in Japan. (Or making a Final Mix version in general)- Allies that limit the amount of abilities you can use. (#1 reason why I'm not fond of Dream Drop Distance)- Bosses that are overpowered right at the start of the game. (Remember Hockomonkey and Wargoyle?)- Gaining abilities by getting your allies to "like" you. (MEOW WOW, IM NOT HERE FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT, OR TO PLAY NINTENDOGS! NOW GIVE ME LEAF BRACER!)

I kinda liked the idea. It made players think about whom to bring into battle with them. If a certain Dream Eater gave me a certain skill(s) that I needed, I'd bring that one in with me. Plus usually I get a sorts of crazy and amazing abilities from them so having your favbories isn't gonna help you...you gotta make a lot of the dream eaters from the recipes you gain through the game, purchase through the moogle, or spend medals on via Flick Rush. I got the Tyrannosaurus one and Sora and Riku couldn't be more unstoppable!!

I kinda liked the idea. It made players think about whom to bring into battle with them. If a certain Dream Eater gave me a certain skill(s) that I needed, I'd bring that one in with me. Plus usually I get a sorts of crazy and amazing abilities from them so having your favbories isn't gonna help you...you gotta make a lot of the dream eaters from the recipes you gain through the game, purchase through the moogle, or spend medals on via Flick Rush. I got the Tyrannosaurus one and Sora and Riku couldn't be more unstoppable!!

Well, I mean, Dream Drop Distance wasn't horrible (compared to Chain of Memories), but it just kinda took away the charm of a Kingdom Hearts game for me.

Not having world specific enemies that aren't heartless or whatever would definitely ruin it for me. The scene with Shan Yu at the mountain was massively underwhelming since they replaced his army with those lame heartless. There are only 3 worlds that have done this so far, and I think more need to do this to help with immersion.

Another thing is I think they need to have some worlds start off peaceful or just without heartless like deep deep jungle did, but still give us something to do. Deep Jungle didn't have heartless for a while, but it still gave you Sabor( the leopard) to fight.

If the game world is empty like in all the kh games where theres no npcs, like mulans world with the emperor place and Olympus olympus coliseum, also the parts where you talk to people and its just text and not voices

If the same plastic doll looking character models from the recent trailers are in the final game.

Those were works in progress, as stated at the beginning of each recent trailer we got.

I think what would ruin it for me is if Terra was a Guardian of Light*, to the fanbase's dismay.

*Disclaimer: I'm not saying Terra shouldn't be one, nor is he one. It's pretty much destined to happen anyway, despite Xehanort saying in DDD that Terra "belongs" to him. If you look closely at the chessboard in the E3 2015 trailer, you should be able to recognize one of the pieces as the Ends of the Earth (or something) keychain. The Ends of the Earth Keyblade belonged to Terra near the end of BBS, and in KH2 when he was the Lingering Will, meaning he'll most likely be saved in KH3. Most likely. You never know, but that doesn't mean it can't happen at all.

Edited by lollygagger19

I see many saying "Only playing as Sora" as a negative which is surprising, since I'd absolutely loathe multiple stories in KH3. BBS and DDD had their time with multiple stories, I want mah boi Sora taking the spotlight.

Edited by oldbobcatjenkin

The game is already somewhat ruined for me because of one thing: Sora uses Disneyland rides in combat. That is just way too silly and stupid even for Kingdom Hearts. Were they worried that it wasn't Disney enough?

I think they wanted to make KH3 feel more fast-paced than KH2, combat-wise.

I don't want Sora defeating (or even being part of the duo/trio that defeats) all the Seekers of Darkness. What is the point of having multiple good guys if they can't do anything without Sora.

If we have to switch momentarily to other characters to deafeat someone the better, but I understand multiple playable characters when they will only be used for one or two fights is hard, so at least make the cutscenes good as opposed of cutting off and we only getting the characters' weapons clashing twice and then it's over.

Also needlessly killing off characters for no other reason than 'shock value'. If someone dies, it has to be a fitting end for their arc, not some arbritary thing.

I REALLY want a happy ending. I feel like it's been earned at this point. I can deal with bittersweet, but if it's a bad ending just to have stuff for future games, I'd hate it.

It is already ruined to me. Partially, at least. Is the game beautiful? Yes, it is. Does it look fun to play? Absolutely. But there is one thing that screwed it for me already: the "LESS DISNEY WORLDS WITH MORE CONTENT STUFF BS". That alone has already made me lose 80% of the 100% interest I had on this game and I will probably only keep up with it because of the story. Oh, and please, don't come with the QUALITY OVER QUANTITY BS argument, because if that was true, Dream Drop Distance should be considered the best KH game by the majority of the fanbase, since it has only 5 Disney worlds. And now, I ask you all? Is it considered the best? Absolutely not.