Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kalen Bellamy

Does Disney hate Kingdom Hearts?

I'm pretty sure that this has been brought up and debunked a buncha times. Why would Disney hate something that is a profit to them?

Yeah good point I can't think of a rational reason, was just wondering if anybody had some particular ideas/ outside knowledge perhaps

Don't trust any information whatsoever about Kingdom Hearts unless it comes directly from Disney or Square Enix themselves. Adam Kovic is just simply someone in the industry who most likely heard a rumor from a guy who heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy and so on. I think Disney treats Kingdom Hearts perfectly fine for how niche of a series it is. Since Kingdom Hearts is such a strange and niche concept, I'm surprised they pay any attention to it at all, such as putting the Kingdom Key and King Mickey's outfit in Disney Infinity.

Edited by Elfdemon_

Trust me, if Disney hated Kingdom Hearts, the series probably wouldn't have met the amount of success it's reached, ya know?  Because obviously, if Disney says no, then Nomura can't use anything, and thus, the game wouldn't work since there'd be no Disney worlds, ya know?  Another point to keep in mind is that most of the voice actors that did their roles for Disney films came back for the Kingdom Hearts series, so you gotta think that Disney and Square are in good terms, ya know?

I mean sure, the fact we haven't gotten any news on the series recently at all is depressing, but this is all part of dry season, so I can live with it!  I'm sure that whatever we will see in terms of Kingdom Hearts will be decided upon between Square and Disney, ya know?  They have a good relationship, so I doubt Disney hates the series, ya know?  Not when it gives 'em a good flow of money! :3

Disney Interactive (the definitive Disney game publisher) has had a major restructure since 2013, therefore, they're now more welcoming of their gaming IP's such as Kingdom Hearts and Disney INFINITY. Disney loves Kingdom Hearts, if they truly hated it, they'd have forced Nomura to make Kingdom Hearts III!