Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Well the 3D characters will most likely be close to that of their original films but not as detailed since that takes A LOT of work. About the 2D ones I think it will be interesting and yet great. As of now we have Yen Sid as an example. Though he looked great and detailed he retained that feeling on the original 2D character :P

Well the 3D characters will most likely be close to that of their original films but not as detailed since that takes A LOT of work. About the 2D ones I think it will be interesting and yet great. As of now we have Yen Sid as an example. Though he looked great and detailed he retained that feeling on the original 2D character :P

I'm talking about KH3, not 2.8. I'm pretty sure all the cutscenes in KH3 will look like how the Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus cutscene will look. I think they're just quickly putting together 2.8 by using in-game models for the cutscenes so they can get it out in time.

I just hope Mickey looks better in KH3 than he does in 2.8. His eyes are too small there, they need to be a little bigger otherwise he just has too much empty face space and it looks off. I was also hoping they'd pull an Epic Mickey and have his ears shift position as he moves his head so we always see both just like in the classic shorts, but cleary they decided not to do that. And hopefully they'll look less plastic in KH3 compared to 2.8 as well. I know KH has a certain style so I'm not saying they should try to be hyper realistic like FF, just that they should look more like cartoon characters and less like dolls.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I just hope Mickey looks better in KH3 than he does in 2.8. His eyes are too small there, they need to be a little bigger otherwise he just has too much empty face space and it looks off. I was also hoping they'd pull an Epic Mickey and have his ears shift position as he moves his head so we always see both just like in the classic shorts, but cleary they decided not to do that. And hopefully they'll look less plastic in KH3 compared to 2.8 as well. I know KH has a certain style so I'm not saying they should try to be hyper realistic like FF, just that they should look more like cartoon characters and less like dolls.

I'm pretty certain that none of the characters will look anything like they will in 2.8. In 2.8, it's obvious they are using a completely different style and using in-game models to make cutscenes, unlike KH3, which is doing CGI cutscenes. Mickey in KH3 will look as good, if not better, than how he looks in the Dream Drop Distance opening, but of course slightly less realistic though and more colorful, as seen with the Young Xehanort/Young Eraqus cutscene.

As for Mickey's ears, that's an interesting this to think about. I definitely doubt they'd do that, but that would definitely be a neat thing if they'd be able to pull it off in a 3D environment.

Edited by Elfdemon_

I just realized how strange, but amazing it's going to be to see all the Disney characters from the various worlds in the beautiful new CGI style they're doing for all the cutscenes in KH3. It's going to be especially interesting to see the 2D animated characters in this great CGI style.

Do you think the 3D animated characters are going to look better or worse then they do in their corresponding movies? For example, will Rapunzel looker better or worse? Do you think they're going to make them look exactly the same as they do in their corresponding movies? Do you think they might look slightly more "anime"? I'm talking about the more human characters obviously since we already know that animal type characters like Donald and Goofy look just fine in Kingdom Hearts CGI.

Judging by the Young Xehanort/Young Eraqus cutscene, the KH3 cutscenes look absolutely fantastic, but not quite as fantastic as Disney 3D animated movies. That's completely understandable though since cutscenes for a game end up being triple, if not quadruple, the length of a movie.

So yeah, what are your thoughts and opinions on this?

The cutscene graphics and Disney Animation movie graphics are two entirely different engines used for different purposes. I think that the CG style will be intentionally stylistically different in order to keep the authenticity of the Disney Animated movies used.

i'm not really sure what to expect from the Kingdom Shader, honestly. i haven't really seen much that makes me say, "Wow there really IS a difference!" i guess once we actually see some characters from the worlds i'll be able to tell. 

i doubt the models for the 3D animated movies will look better than the actual movie models though. as for 2D, i imagine it'll look similar to the previous KH games but with a bit more polish in the models. 

I'm talking about KH3, not 2.8. I'm pretty sure all the cutscenes in KH3 will look like how the Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus cutscene will look. I think they're just quickly putting together 2.8 by using in-game models for the cutscenes so they can get it out in time.

I know you´re talking about KH3. The thing is that I seem to remember Nomura said in one of his interviews that in 2.8 both, BBS 0.2 and KHXBC will be using the same engine and technology as it´s being used in KH3. So that being said my point is they will look closely to that of their film versions but a little more cartoon stylized since getting into so much detail could mean a lot more work.

I just realized how strange, but amazing it's going to be to see all the Disney characters from the various worlds in the beautiful new CGI style they're doing for all the cutscenes in KH3. It's going to be especially interesting to see the 2D animated characters in this great CGI style.

Do you think the 3D animated characters are going to look better or worse then they do in their corresponding movies? For example, will Rapunzel looker better or worse? Do you think they're going to make them look exactly the same as they do in their corresponding movies? Do you think they might look slightly more "anime"? I'm talking about the more human characters obviously since we already know that animal type characters like Donald and Goofy look just fine in Kingdom Hearts CGI.

Judging by the Young Xehanort/Young Eraqus cutscene, the KH3 cutscenes look absolutely fantastic, but not quite as fantastic as Disney 3D animated movies. That's completely understandable though since cutscenes for a game end up being triple, if not quadruple, the length of a movie.

So yeah, what are your thoughts and opinions on this?

Well I'm kind of unsure about it, I know it will look great. I'm just wondering about the hair, and if live action worlds are included again will they work them in properly, and try to make make us fit in better. 

Well I'm kind of unsure about it, I know it will look great. I'm just wondering about the hair, and if live action worlds are included again will they work them in properly, and try to make make us fit in better. 

Hmm, how the live action worlds should look seems to be a very controversial subject. There are two main groups: the people who want them to adjust the look of the movies to make them slightly more cartoony and fit in better, and then the people who think that they should make them as realistic as possible and as close to how they actually look in the films as possible.

I, personally, am a part of the second group. I absolutely loved seeing Sora and the rest of the cartoony cast in live action settings. I think it's very interesting and pleasing to look at and just the whole idea of it in general is amazing to me. I'd absolutely love to see Sora and the gang exploring the various live action planets of Star Wars or the live action settings of Asgard or Narnia, while fighting alongside live action characters. Many people seem to think it doesn't make much sense to have live action movies in KH, but I think it makes complete sense. Every world is different and has different settings and different people. Some, with different styles, such as Halloween Town, and I think the concept of live action movies as worlds fits in with that theme perfectly. When you first arrive at Port Royal, Sora even mentions that this world looks strange, which I think is awesome. I dunno, I just love the idea of a contrast of art styles, while many other people seem to disagree.

EDIT: I actually think I'll make a separate post about this. It could bring up some good discussions.

Edited by Elfdemon_

Yeah. Have you not seen the KH3 trailer with Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort?

Wait, Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to have CGI cutscenes? :O

Elfdemon, those are not CGI cutscenes. CGI cutscenes are like the opening of KH1 and KH2, the KH2 secret ending, the opening of BBS, the opening of DDD. To answer KeybladerPreston's question, it's highly likely since all the other games besides Days and Re coded had them (i think re-com did too, i'm not sure)

The conversation with Eraqus and YX was just a standard KH3 cutscene. 

Elfdemon, those are not CGI cutscenes. CGI cutscenes are like the opening of KH1 and KH2, the KH2 secret ending, the opening of BBS, the opening of DDD. To answer KeybladerPreston's question, it's highly likely since all the other games besides Days and Re coded had them (i think re-com did too, i'm not sure)

The conversation with Eraqus and YX was just a standard KH3 cutscene. 

If you compare the Young Eraqus/Xehanort cutscene to the CGI cutscenes of KH1, KH2, etc, it looks like exactly the same style (except it's still a little iffy since it's most likely still in development), so I assumed it was CGI. Sorry if I was mistaken. It's pretty amazing that they're able to do that without CGI. I can't wait to see how amazing the CGI opening will look for KH3 (assuming there will be one).

If you compare the Young Eraqus/Xehanort cutscene to the CGI cutscenes of KH1, KH2, etc, it looks like exactly the same style (except it's still a little iffy since it's most likely still in development), so I assumed it was CGI. Sorry if I was mistaken. It's pretty amazing that they're able to do that without CGI. I can't wait to see how amazing the CGI opening will look for KH3 (assuming there will be one).

See, you keep bringing that scene up, but that's the very first scene of the game, it doesn't mean they're doing it for all of them.

See, you keep bringing that scene up, but that's the very first scene of the game, it doesn't mean they're doing it for all of them.

Why wouldn't they? Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be on a PS4 and an Xbox One. There is absolutely no excuse such as hardware limitations for them not to do this.

Why wouldn't they? Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be on a PS4 and an Xbox One. There is absolutely no excuse such as hardware limitations for them not to do this.

Yes, there are still limits, they're just higher. They're having trouble getting FFXV to run at a stable 30 FPS and that doesn't have any CGI scenes. If you set an unreasonable standard, you will be disappointed.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Yes, there are still limits, they're just higher. They're having trouble getting FFXV to run at a stable 30 FPS and that doesn't have any CGI scenes. If you set an unreasonable standard, you will be disappointed.

That Young Eraqus/Young Xehanort cutscene isn't CGI either (Sorry, I thought that it was at first, but someone later corrected me that it wasn't.)

But yeah, I don't see how it's unreasonable in any way. Seems like the most logical step up.

There have been 2 types of cutscenes that have been used in previous KH games: Ones that use in-game derpy faced character models, and ones that use more detailed models that have more movement. The most logical step up since there are less hardware limitations would be to completely get rid of the custcenes that use those derpy faced in-game models. I'm also pretty sure it's been stated somewhere in an interview that they are getting rid of the derpy faced cutscenes. If this is the case, then the type of cutscene we saw with Young Eraqus/Young Xehanort is the new type of cutscene that will be used.

There's no way of knowing for sure though, so we'll just have to wait and see until we get a glimpse at another cutscene besides that Young Eraqus/Young Xehanort one.

That Young Eraqus/Young Xehanort cutscene isn't CGI either (Sorry, I thought that it was at first, but someone later corrected me that it wasn't.)

But yeah, I don't see how it's unreasonable in any way. Seems like the most logical step up.

There have been 2 types of cutscenes that have been used in previous KH games: Ones that use in-game derpy faced character models, and ones that use more detailed models that have more movement. The most logical step up since there are less hardware limitations would be to completely get rid of the custcenes that use those derpy faced in-game models. I'm also pretty sure it's been stated somewhere in an interview that they are getting rid of the derpy faced cutscenes. If this is the case, then the type of cutscene we saw with Young Eraqus/Young Xehanort is the new type of cutscene that will be used.

There's no way of knowing for sure though, so we'll just have to wait and see until we get a glimpse at another cutscene besides that Young Eraqus/Young Xehanort one.

There not all the custcenes have derpface, only distance shots. And it is unreasonable to think that they could do CGI cutscenes for 4+ hours of cutsenes while still having to do the gameplay and everything else. Yeah, they can do a lot more than they used to bit they aren't unlimited. the CGI scenes take a lot more data than in game renders, but like you said, it's not CGI so it wouldn't be too taxing. 

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I've no doubt that the Disney characters are definitely going to look amazing in the Kingdom Shader once the final product finally releases!  Right now Nomura and the gang must probably be refining the Shader so the Disney characters don't look too weird, ya know?  I'm hoping we'll get a look at Rapunzel and other Disney characters in a trailer for Kingdom Hearts III at this year's E3! :D