Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Eraqus and Xehanort played a chess game years ago.

The chess game are really linked to moments of future events ( BbS and the next ones) or the masters just played the game for fun and they projected their ideals showed on that moment for their entire life?.Xehanort was obsessed with Keyblade War and darkness already and Eraqus already thought the light is the answer and darkness is the wrong way.I support the first theory.What do you think.?

Also I have another question: Which relationship Yen Sid have with Xehanort and Eraqus? I think he knew them and they argued and got separated way,but he watches them carefully untill nowadays.Many years after these events,he found Mickey and trained Mickey to be a Keyblade wielder.Which theories do you support?

post-43696-0-04167300-1459130840_thumb.jpg

Well, the chess game definitely serves as a foreshadowing of future events, so that's definitely something to think about there! I'm very intrigued to see how this scene with Xehanort and Eraqus will play out!  It'll be very interesting to see their thoughts and views at a younger age, ya know? :3

As for Yen Sid, he stated that he resigned his mantle as Keyblade Master, which means at one point he was a Keyblade Master alongside Eraqus and Xehanort! I'm betting they trained together and shared ideologies with each other, ya know?  I'm really hoping we get to see a young version of Yen Sid, cuz that'd be so badass! Gahh!!!! x_X

The chess game I assume is representative in a way of events that will happen and moves the light and dark make. As for Yen Sid, that I can't say. I know we most likely won't see him in his young years. The opening cutscene is of YX and YE (young Eraqus) and the conversation they had. I don't think they would add anything to that.

Definitely foreshadowing.

I maintain that Yen Sid was in fact their Master and has simply not said so because that information is not yet pertinent to the mission. I think he retired after naming Eraqus his successor.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Agreeing with the foreshadowing! The very last frame of the chess set in the trailer showed seven pieces on the good side ("coincidentally" bearing the symbols of the presumed Seven Guardians, Mickey/Sora/Riku/Terra/Ven/Aqua/Kairi), while the bad side had symbols representing most of the Darknesses we've seen and had a total of 12 pieces, if I recall correctly, possibly marking the 12 Darknesses minus the unknown 13th.

Edited by ladydualwieldin

Well, the chess game definitely serves as a foreshadowing of future events, so that's definitely something to think about there! I'm very intrigued to see how this scene with Xehanort and Eraqus will play out!  It'll be very interesting to see their thoughts and views at a younger age, ya know? :3

As for Yen Sid, he stated that he resigned his mantle as Keyblade Master, which means at one point he was a Keyblade Master alongside Eraqus and Xehanort! I'm betting they trained together and shared ideologies with each other, ya know?  I'm really hoping we get to see a young version of Yen Sid, cuz that'd be so badass! Gahh!!!! x_X

Young Masters all the way xD