Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
sagman12PC

FFXV needs to sell 10 million units for Square Enix to break even

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/03/31/final-fantasy-xv-director-hajime-tabata-says-10-million-copies-required-to-break-even.aspx

No surprise here. SE has put alot of money and time into making the game happen by itself; now that there's a CGI movie (Kingsglaive) that uses famous expensive actors (Aaron Paul, Lina Heady) and a 5 episode anime series, and the cost of renting out Shrine auditorium for 6000 fans, and the extensive marketing that will be done leading up to September 30th (E3, TGS), FFXV is the most expensive final fantasy to date. I really hope it does sell 10 million units and i believe it will over the course of a few years. What do you guys think?

EDIT: There is a potential to sell more units on PC. SE is considering a PC version with enhanced graphics after the game releases on consoles: https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/715587589970010112

Edited by sagman12PC

This would probably be the most expensive game ever made if that is the case. Publishers get $30-40 per game sold so the total cost would be about $350 Million which is more than COD MW2, GTAV, and FFVII.

Edited by atheist123

This would probably be the most expensive game ever made if that is the case. Publishers get $30-40 per game sold so the total cost would be about $350 Million which is more than COD MW2, GTAV, and FFVII.

huge gamble by Square Enix. i hope it pays off. SE still has KH3 to bail them out if FFXV doesn't meet sales expectations 

That's a big mistake...

huge gamble by Square Enix. i hope it pays off. SE still has KH3 to bail them out if FFXV doesn't meet sales expectations 

The thing is, FFXV is a game of SE's best selling series.

KH series is one of the worst series of SE in terms of sales.

That's a big mistake...

The thing is, FFXV is a game of SE's best selling series.

KH series is one of the worst series of SE in terms of sales.

KH1 has sold 8 million and KH2 sold 5.5 million so it's not too bad. About as good as Tomb Raider and Just Cause, and better than Hitman, Dragon Quest, and Deus Ex.

They already sold at least thirty thousand copies, cause the collectors edition is all sold out. 

Yeah and those collector's editions are super expensive. Tabata said they are making a ff15 ps4 also. I think XV will make plenty and I doubt KH3 will sell anything near FF15. If it does I'll be surprised.

Edited by Shinobi Palace

They have already sold out the cl edition in a half hour in US.

I also preordered the cl edition.

I went to my local gamestop today and pre-ordered the deluxe edition. The person working there said that the midnight release is gonna be huge with long lines and such. I really do hope it sells well because the team deserves it to succeed after all the time and effort they've spent fine tuning it 

For the sake of the franchise's survival,I hope the game doesn't suck and would actually be the main entry that would finally bring Final Fantasy back to it's former glory

And judging by the trailers and demos,I actually have a lot of hope for the game for once...........they actually managed to get me hyped for the game again after my hype died a while ago.......I salute you Hajime Tabata for the excellent effort your team did with Final Fantasy XV so far

Kingdom Hearts 3 on the other hand...........................I barely have any hope for it in terms of story at least