Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

How does Platinum Demo feel like Kingdom Hearts?

The only similarities I feel are:

The game is a JRPG.

You use a blade to attack.

You can pull off combos.

Other than that I personally don't think the demo is anything like Kingdom Hearts. The iron giant battle requires precision to counter attack against, whilst in KH I can quickly hit an enemy and run off, rinse and repeat. At least, that is the general consensus if you grouped the gameplay style of all KH games into one pot and tried to describe the series as a whole.

In the demo Noctis has an average mobility whilst every fully playable character besides Terra is quite fast. The combos are stuck together nicely but not as fast as KH2 but not as slow as BBS and DDD. I'd say the combos in Platinum demo are around KH1's speed. 

Even in Duscae I felt the game was difficult. Every KH game besides KH2FM is relatively a breeze and not very strategic, in Duscae and Platinum Demo I feel the combat takes a little more strategy than a KH game. 

The iron giant battle reminded me a lot of the strategy I have to use when playing KH2FM, defend and look for an opening-if you get too caught up and keep attacking for long ofc you know in KH2 and KH2FM you have revenge values-where an enemy will stop you from combo attacking them constantly. When I kept attacking the iron giant eventually he swung that massive sword down and roasted me-similar to a revenge value. The lesser enemies were quite easy to beat though.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, I didn't really understand everyone's claim that it feels like KH, either. The free running/dodge roll system was a little bit similar, but it felt heavier than KH, closer to maybe Assassin's Creed or something? (except AC is a lot more clumsy and clunky to me.) Also the way you have to constantly dodge in and out of the boss's reach to trade between defense and offense, that was a little familiar, but nothing that other action games haven't pulled as well.

The only similarities I feel are:The game is a JRPG.You use a blade to attack.You can pull off combos. Other than that I personally don't think the demo is anything like Kingdom Hearts. The iron giant battle requires precision to counter attack against, whilst in KH I can quickly hit an enemy and run off, rinse and repeat. At least, that is the general consensus if you grouped the gameplay style of all KH games into one pot and tried to describe the series as a whole. In the demo Noctis has an average mobility whilst every fully playable character besides Terra is quite fast. The combos are stuck together nicely but not as fast as KH2 but not as slow as BBS and DDD. I'd say the combos in Platinum demo are around KH1's speed.  Even in Duscae I felt the game was difficult. Every KH game besides KH2FM is relatively a breeze and not very strategic, in Duscae and Platinum Demo I feel the combat takes a little more strategy than a KH game.  The iron giant battle reminded me a lot of the strategy I have to use when playing KH2FM, defend and look for an opening-if you get too caught up and keep attacking for long ofc you know in KH2 and KH2FM you have revenge values-where an enemy will stop you from combo attacking them constantly. When I kept attacking the iron giant eventually he swung that massive sword down and roasted me-similar to a revenge value. The lesser enemies were quite easy to beat though. What do you guys think?

ROFL ROFL, I was actually considering making topic JUST LIKE THIS later today, but looks like you beat me to it. I to, question why people keep making this joking/literal comparison to Kingdumb Hartz when It's barely comparable, they've even altered the combat to something somewhat similar to DmC unlike the Episode Duscae demo that acted like KH. The earlier demos showed that they were going exactly in the KH direction. The only thing that instantly gave me KH1 (war) flashbacks, was the scene when Noctis is in the Citadel and transforms into his adult self to fight the Iron Giant. The generic Japanese pauses and the long camera pause at the Giant really reminded me of KH... "Noooo... I'm not afraid anymore"

yea it didn't feel like KH to me either. the combat felt sluggish. like i'd hit the attack button and Noctis would take his time attacking. 

i've this is just the bare bones of the combat though, so i'm not going to completely write it off just yet. 

Everything about this game, and Noct, were originally Nomura's. At least originally, he viewed FFXV as his second child, and Sora and Noctis as brothers.

The team that made Kingdom Hearts I and II made this, and because of that the gameplay is quite similar to KH (that's even what they were going for originally).

Yoko Shimomura is the composer.

It's a dream, making many people think of Dive to the Heart, probably.

You're a kid fighting with ridiculous weapons, like the Keyblade is a ridiculous weapon and Sora is a kid.

You're in someone's dream (trapped in it, and it's even somewhat becoming more of a nightmare), you fight Nightmares, and you have an animal Spirit Guide helping you out. It's basically Dream Drop Distance in that way.

IDK. IMO, Platinum Demo is a lot like Kingdom Hearts.

Also, the part when Noctis is shrunk in that giant room just really feels like Wonderland to me.

Edited by AnHeiressofaSOLDIER

You even see the same stars as in Kingdom Hearts do I need to say more? :).

Everything about this game, and Noct, were originally Nomura's. At least originally, he viewed FFXV as his second child, and Sora and Noctis as brothers.

The team that made Kingdom Hearts I and II made this, and because of that the gameplay is quite similar to KH (that's even what they were going for originally).

Yoko Shimomura is the composer.

It's a dream, making many people think of Dive to the Heart, probably.

You're a kid fighting with ridiculous weapons, like the Keyblade is a ridiculous weapon and Sora is a kid.

You're in someone's dream (trapped in it, and it's even somewhat becoming more of a nightmare), you fight Nightmares, and you have an animal Spirit Guide helping you out. It's basically Dream Drop Distance in that way.

IDK. IMO, Platinum Demo is a lot like Kingdom Hearts.

Also, the part when Noctis is shrunk in that giant room just really feels like Wonderland to me.

• The music has a very KH feel
  • Nightmares spawn like heartless to fight you as the battle music kicks in
  • The playroom feels like Wonderland/Castle of dreams
  • Playing as a kid with goofy looking weapons
  • Adult Noctis air combat felt floaty and similar to KH2

Hmm interesting, I was talking more in terms of gameplay but alright, I now see why you all think that :P

It 100% felt like KH to me. I wasn't even comparing it to Kh, it's just how it feels. Different visuals but definitely felt like KH. Not to mention the whole demo was pretty much  a Dive to the Heart.