Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey there everyone, how's it going!?  So then, today I, the Friendly Neighborhood Webhead, want to discuss with you all why I think we'll be getting Kingdom Hearts III next year!  I hope you all enjoy! :D

So, what do you all think?  Is it more plausible now that we might be able to get a 2017 release for Kingdom Hearts III? :D

Hey there everyone, how's it going!?  So then, today I, the Friendly Neighborhood Webhead, want to discuss with you all why I think we'll be getting Kingdom Hearts III next year!  I hope you all enjoy! :D

So, what do you all think?  Is it more plausible now that we might be able to get a 2017 release for Kingdom Hearts III? :D

First of all, is that your voice Shige?? :O I've never heard you speak before!! Ok, now that that's out of the way, I have a lot to say on this.Lets start from the inside out. Development:While its true that the game has been in development for a long time, I don't believe the actual mechanics of the game itself have been in development for very long. Remember back in E3 2013, Tetsyua himself said that KH3 was announced too soon. It sounded to me like he and the development team were pushed to show something, anything to the audience for that year. And if you notice, in the 2013 trailer, what we see isn't even real gameplay footage, and even later on during Tokyo Gameshow, the fooage that was shown was pre-alpha. Not even actual gameplay either. So if you go by what was shown in 2013 and what Nomura said, we can conclude then that in game content did not go into production until sometime between 2013 and 2014. Which means that the actual game content itself, aka, what we have now seen as actual gameplay content from last year, has only been in development for about 4 years. That is not enough time at all for the game to be even anywhere near finished. Which would explain why the only worlds we've seen in these recent KH3 trailers have been Twilight Town, The Kingdom of Corona and Mount Olympus. On the other hand, it would seem odd for SE to already have a release date in mind for KH3 if they are indeed that early on in development. But if they really aren't, then why all the secrecy? FF15 has not been shy about its production even all the way back when it was known as VS13. So if KH3 is advanced in production, why haven't we seen more? Who knows. xP But hopefully, we will get some answers this year. As to the whole VA controvercey. I don't believe anyone says, even IF they are official VAs for the KH characters like Bill Farmer, Jim Cummings or Steve Burton. If SE or Disney has not said anything about the voice acting, I won't believe it. Its a common practice in video games for English voice acting to be the last thing done to a game before release. Now when it comes to worldwide releases, I'm sure that's very different seeing as the game developers would have to program the lip flaps for both English and Japanese at the same time. And as was seen last year, that seems to already be in the works, though it still gives us no clue for how far along the game is in production. However, it is true that we are promised more news this year. What looks like remains to be seen. For years, I've said that 2017 would be the year for KH3. And while I still hold on to that, its starting to wane. See, if it really is going to be next year, we would have had a demo out by now. Plus more trailers and a ton more info than what we have right now and the announcement for the release date would be held this year. But I doubt highly now that we'll get that this year. I'm now looking at 2019 to be the year for KH3. As depressing as that sounds. DX When in 2019? Most likely the later half of the year. 

First of all, is that your voice Shige?? :O I've never heard you speak before!! Ok, now that that's out of the way, I have a lot to say on this.Lets start from the inside out. Development:While its true that the game has been in development for a long time, I don't believe the actual mechanics of the game itself have been in development for very long. Remember back in E3 2013, Tetsyua himself said that KH3 was announced too soon. It sounded to me like he and the development team were pushed to show something, anything to the audience for that year. And if you notice, in the 2013 trailer, what we see isn't even real gameplay footage, and even later on during Tokyo Gameshow, the fooage that was shown was pre-alpha. Not even actual gameplay either. So if you go by what was shown in 2013 and what Nomura said, we can conclude then that in game content did not go into production until sometime between 2013 and 2014. Which means that the actual game content itself, aka, what we have now seen as actual gameplay content from last year, has only been in development for about 4 years. That is not enough time at all for the game to be even anywhere near finished. Which would explain why the only worlds we've seen in these recent KH3 trailers have been Twilight Town, The Kingdom of Corona and Mount Olympus. On the other hand, it would seem odd for SE to already have a release date in mind for KH3 if they are indeed that early on in development. But if they really aren't, then why all the secrecy? FF15 has not been shy about its production even all the way back when it was known as VS13. So if KH3 is advanced in production, why haven't we seen more? Who knows. xP But hopefully, we will get some answers this year. As to the whole VA controvercey. I don't believe anyone says, even IF they are official VAs for the KH characters like Bill Farmer, Jim Cummings or Steve Burton. If SE or Disney has not said anything about the voice acting, I won't believe it. Its a common practice in video games for English voice acting to be the last thing done to a game before release. Now when it comes to worldwide releases, I'm sure that's very different seeing as the game developers would have to program the lip flaps for both English and Japanese at the same time. And as was seen last year, that seems to already be in the works, though it still gives us no clue for how far along the game is in production. However, it is true that we are promised more news this year. What looks like remains to be seen. For years, I've said that 2017 would be the year for KH3. And while I still hold on to that, its starting to wane. See, if it really is going to be next year, we would have had a demo out by now. Plus more trailers and a ton more info than what we have right now and the announcement for the release date would be held this year. But I doubt highly now that we'll get that this year. I'm now looking at 2019 to be the year for KH3. As depressing as that sounds. DX When in 2019? Most likely the later half of the year. 

If you want to be technical about it then development didn't truly start until they switched to the unreal engine. Under normal circumstances 4 years is plenty of time to make a KH game since they have all come out within 4 years, but KH3 is going to be much bigger than the previous ones so more time will be needed. You can't really compare FF to KH, FF only has one parent which is SE but KH has two which are SE and (the biggest one) Disney; and Disney has a major say in what they can and can't do since they own KH. SE doesn't like to release release dates for games until they are closer to being finished and the reason we probably haven't seen more of KH3 is because of disney. We wouldn't have a demo out now, demos are usually put out the same year the game is coming out, but technically 0.2 and back cover are KH3's demos.

I don't expect this game anytime soon. I believe we will only play it by mid-2018. Final Fantasy XV is coming by the end of this year and Square is used to give proper attention to major titles. FF and KH are both major titles and Square will give them space to grow and sell properly. That's why I believe we will only start to have a real look in this game in the second half of 2017. Maybe in next year's E3 Square will put KHIII in the spotlight in order to avoid a competition with two great titles. 

I don't even believe II.8 is coming this year anymore.

In my mind I believe the plans for the Square's AAA titles are in this order of release:

1. Final Fantasy XV (September)

2. Kingdom Hearts II.8 (First half of 2017)

3. Kingdom Hearts III (First half of 2018)

4. Final Fantasy VII Remake (First episode by the end of 2019)

I wonder if we will hopefully see The World Ends With You 2 in the between. Where on earth are the new promised seven days? Nomura is a busy busy guy, I know but... Well... Why tease us like that? That's mean.

Hmm, you've got quite some valid points here, Alicia!  Well, in terms of all the secrecy, I'm sure Disney has a lot to do with that, because whenever Nomura wants to show something, he has to have Disney's okay first, so maybe that's why all the secrecy!  And also, well, since this is the final installment of the Xehanort Saga, I'm sure Nomura will want to keep as much surprises as possible under wraps until its the right time to unveil them, ya know? :3  But yeah, we'll see what happens!  But I believe that the game has been in development for much longer than we've been led to believe!  But yeah, I still think 2017's gonna be the golden year! :D

As for the voice actors, yeah, I know, we can't take their full word for it, but I dunno, it just seems exciting to see that voice actors might be doing their work for the game!  Gahhh, I hope this year's E3 brings a pleasant surprise to all of us KH fans!  Let's see what the future holds! :D

And yes, lol, that's my voice.  Though it's in slightly bad mic quality. xD

If you want to be technical about it then development didn't truly start until they switched to the unreal engine. Under normal circumstances 4 years is plenty of time to make a KH game since they have all come out within 4 years, but KH3 is going to be much bigger than the previous ones so more time will be needed. You can't really compare FF to KH, FF only has one parent which is SE but KH has two which are SE and (the biggest one) Disney; and Disney has a major say in what they can and can't do since they own KH. SE doesn't like to release release dates for games until they are closer to being finished and the reason we probably haven't seen more of KH3 is because of disney. We wouldn't have a demo out now, demos are usually put out the same year the game is coming out, but technically 0.2 and back cover are KH3's demos.

Hmm, this is interesting!  Nomura did say that Back Cover and 0.2 would be in KHIII's engine, and 0.2 itself could technically be considered as an Episode Duscae of Kingdom Hearts III!  Gahh, I'm just so psyched up, I can't wait to see what Nomura has in store for us! :3

With two entire development teams working on it soon and a lot of energy, it'll probably come out in 2017 yeah. Late 2017. I wouldn't be surprised with a 2018 release date though.

Yep, an October to November 2017 release sounds more than reasonable enough, as Nomura and his teams will have almost an entire year plus worth of development! Here's hoping we get the game next year! :3

I really hope so.

At this point, that's probably the best we can hope for. 

With XV and 2.8 coming out soon (of course, still no 2.8 date...), I'm guessing that KHIII could very well be out 2017.

I hope..

Fingers crossed.

Let us hope, my friend, let us hope! :D

I don't expect this game anytime soon. I believe we will only play it by mid-2018. Final Fantasy XV is coming by the end of this year and Square is used to give proper attention to major titles. FF and KH are both major titles and Square will give them space to grow and sell properly. That's why I believe we will only start to have a real look in this game in the second half of 2017. Maybe in next year's E3 Square will put KHIII in the spotlight in order to avoid a competition with two great titles. 

I don't even believe II.8 is coming this year anymore.

In my mind I believe the plans for the Square's AAA titles are in this order of release:

1. Final Fantasy XV (September)

2. Kingdom Hearts II.8 (First half of 2017)

3. Kingdom Hearts III (First half of 2018)

4. Final Fantasy VII Remake (First episode by the end of 2019)

I wonder if we will hopefully see The World Ends With You 2 in the between. Where on earth are the new promised seven days? Nomura is a busy busy guy, I know but... Well... Why tease us like that? That's mean.

Hmm, you've got an interesting point there!  But we'll most probably get 2.8 this year, probably near October or December, like 2.5!  And as for Kingdom Hearts III, well, we really won't know anything until this year's E3!  Hopefully, we'll see something there! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Hmm, you've got quite some valid points here, Alicia!  Well, in terms of all the secrecy, I'm sure Disney has a lot to do with that, because whenever Nomura wants to show something, he has to have Disney's okay first, so maybe that's why all the secrecy!  And also, well, since this is the final installment of the Xehanort Saga, I'm sure Nomura will want to keep as much surprises as possible under wraps until its the right time to unveil them, ya know? :3  But yeah, we'll see what happens!  But I believe that the game has been in development for much longer than we've been led to believe!  But yeah, I still think 2017's gonna be the golden year! :D

As for the voice actors, yeah, I know, we can't take their full word for it, but I dunno, it just seems exciting to see that voice actors might be doing their work for the game!  Gahhh, I hope this year's E3 brings a pleasant surprise to all of us KH fans!  Let's see what the future holds! :D

Hmm, this is interesting!  Nomura did say that Back Cover and 0.2 would be in KHIII's engine, and 0.2 itself could technically be considered as an Episode Duscae of Kingdom Hearts III!  Gahh, I'm just so psyched up, I can't wait to see what Nomura has in store for us! :3

Yep, an October to November 2017 release sounds more than reasonable enough, as Nomura and his teams will have almost an entire year plus worth of development! Here's hoping we get the game next year! :3

Hmm, you've got an interesting point there!  But we'll most probably get 2.8 this year, probably near October or December, like 2.5!  And as for Kingdom Hearts III, well, we really won't know anything until this year's E3!  Hopefully, we'll see something there! :3

Hehehe, well, outside of the mic, I think your voice sounds cute. :3And true. Regardless of what SE says, because Disney is so heavily involved in the franchise, they could be muzzling SE. But I don't know. Somethings just don't add up for me. Nomura seems to say one thing, but SE and Disney say something else. I can only hope we get something this year.

Yeah, Nomura said they both will be in the kingdom shader.