Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

There are two types of Keyblades. Keyblades of heart and Keyblades of world's hearts. Keyblades of world's hearts have two subcategories: Keyblades of light and Keyblades of darkness. Keyblades of heart are able to unlock people's hearts and manipulate them in certain ways, and Keyblades of world's hearts are able to unlock/lock the hearts of worlds.

The only confirmed Keyblade of heart that we've seen so far is the unnamed one that was created by Ansem SoD using the 7 Princesses of Heart. All the rest of the Keyblades we've seen are Keyblades of world's hearts, therefore don't have the ability to unlock and lock hearts of people. But, Xehanort's Keyblade is able to do this. Doesn't this mean that his Keyblade is a Keyblade of heart?

EDIT: This question has been answered by Isamu_Kuno. If you'd like to know the answer, scroll down and read his comment. Thank you for the responses!

Edited by Elfdemon_

Wait a sec. What about Sora's Keyblade? 

SPOILER ALERT!

By the end of the first game... Doesn't he unlocks his own heart in order to save Kairi's? Isn't his Keyblade a Keyblade of Heart too?

What about all the hearts released thru the game when Sora defeats the Heartless? 

Roxas and Xion can do that too... They don't even lock Keyholes. At least I do not remember seeing they doing it.

Wait a sec. What about Sora's Keyblade? 

SPOILER ALERT!

By the end of the first game... Doesn't he unlocks his own heart in order to save Kairi's? Isn't his Keyblade a Keyblade of Heart too?

What about all the hearts released thru the game when Sora defeats the Heartless? 

Roxas and Xion can do that too... They don't even lock Keyholes. At least I do not remember seeing they doing it.

Dude, he uses the keyblade mentioned above, the one created by Ansem SoD.

Also, the keyblade freeing the hearts of the heartless aplies to all of the keyblades, not only to Sora's, Roxas' and Xion, at least that's as far as we know.

On topic, it is a Keyblade of Heart, or that, or Xehanort has the power to control his own heart at will.

No, it is not. 

"There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart. The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light. The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering together seven hearts of pure light—hearts completely devoid of darkness—may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts. And, as stated before, opening this door arguably gives that person control over all worlds and all people."

~Xehanort's Report VI, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

As you can see he clearly state "The Keyblades of light we wield" and "... are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light." including himself in both statements, ergo, his Keyblade Is a Keyblade of Light, same as Sora's, Riku's and everybody else's except Mickey's Kingdom Key D The only Keyblade of Heart is the one in the first game, it serves as a replacement for the x-Blade after the later was shattered. The ability to remove, separate, unlock and manipulate hearts is not a power of the Keyblade of Heart, but rather a power belonging to true Keyblade Masters.

"We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another. By continuing this cycle, it is possible to remain in the world of the living forever. As a boy, I dreamed of seeing the farthest reaches of the World. If I only went far enough, there had to be a world out there in which no one had ever before set foot. And now I know of just such a world. If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create a Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium. So there I stood, with vast knowledge in one gnarled, dying hand, and newfound purpose in the other. The next step was clear: I needed a new vessel. And that was when I met Ventus and made him my pupil. We were destined to meet, and I could sense the potential within him, but the boy was too benign for his own good. I came to the conclusion he was too frail to serve as a vessel, and decided to use him for a second purpose I had in mind. I would remove the darkness from his heart and split him in two. Then I would have my heart of pure light, and my heart of pure darkness."

~ Xehanort's Report IX, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

Got it!

So the thing is with the wielder... It's a matter of being a master or not instead of having the right Keyblade. Right?

No, it is not. 

"There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart. The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light. The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering together seven hearts of pure light—hearts completely devoid of darkness—may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts. And, as stated before, opening this door arguably gives that person control over all worlds and all people."

~Xehanort's Report VI, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

As you can see he clearly state "The Keyblades of light we wield" and "... are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light." including himself in both statements, ergo, his Keyblade Is a Keyblade of Light, same as Sora's, Riku's and everybody else's except Mickey's Kingdom Key D The only Keyblade of Heart is the one in the first game, it serves as a replacement for the x-Blade after the later was shattered. The ability to remove, separate, unlock and manipulate hearts is not a power of the Keyblade of Heart, but rather a power belonging to true Keyblade Masters.

"We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another. By continuing this cycle, it is possible to remain in the world of the living forever. As a boy, I dreamed of seeing the farthest reaches of the World. If I only went far enough, there had to be a world out there in which no one had ever before set foot. And now I know of just such a world. If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create a Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium. So there I stood, with vast knowledge in one gnarled, dying hand, and newfound purpose in the other. The next step was clear: I needed a new vessel. And that was when I met Ventus and made him my pupil. We were destined to meet, and I could sense the potential within him, but the boy was too benign for his own good. I came to the conclusion he was too frail to serve as a vessel, and decided to use him for a second purpose I had in mind. I would remove the darkness from his heart and split him in two. Then I would have my heart of pure light, and my heart of pure darkness."

~ Xehanort's Report IX, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

Wouldn't this mean that Aqua, Mickey, and Riku all have the ability to extract hearts from people and such? If so, then why do they never do that during combat or anything? Just simply stabbing an enemy in the heart and extracting their heart seems like a lot easier way to deal with their enemies rather than going through the hassle of fighting them. I guess because they don't want to create a Heartless and a potential Nobody, so they don't have to deal with those enemies in the future when they return as a complete person again? I guess I just answered my own question. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up. I forgot all about the Xehanort's Reports.

Got it!

So the thing is with the wielder... It's a matter of being a master or not instead of having the right Keyblade. Right?

Well, it's both. If you are a Keyblade Master, then you have the ability to manipulate hearts, but if you're not a master and you get your hands on the Keyblade of heart, then you can manipulate hearts with that Keyblade.

Wouldn't this mean that Aqua, Mickey, and Riku all have the ability to extract hearts from people and such? If so, then why do they never do that during combat or anything? Just simply stabbing an enemy in the heart and extracting their heart seems like a lot easier way to deal with their enemies rather than going through the hassle of fighting them. I guess because they don't want to create a Heartless and a potential Nobody, so they don't have to deal with those enemies in the future when they return as a complete person again? I guess I just answered my own question. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up. I forgot all about the Xehanort's Reports.

Well, it's both. If you are a Keyblade Master, then you have the ability to manipulate hearts, but if you're not a master and you get your hands on the Keyblade of heart, then you can manipulate hearts with that Keyblade.

They don't do it because it's wrong and they're good guys.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

lol yeah, I guess it's as simple as that

That, and when Xehanort revealed that Terra wasn't the one who stole Aurora's heart, he made the remark "A powerful light still lives inside of Terra. You see,

people like him... they don't have the power to steal hearts."

So, yes, in a nutshell good guys don't do it. xD

That, and when Xehanort revealed that Terra wasn't the one who stole Aurora's heart, he made the remark "A powerful light still lives inside of Terra. You see,

people like him... they don't have the power to steal hearts."

So, yes, in a nutshell good guys don't do it. xD

Yeah, true. I guess if I had the option to steal someone's heart, I wouldn't do it either.

Master Xehanort's Keyblade is one of darkness. Sora's is of light. The Keyblade of heart is what is forged when seven hearts of pure light forge together. Riku when he was under Ansem's control held the Keyblade of heart. Neither Sora nor Xehanort hold such a Keyblade.

No, Xehanort's Keyblade is not a Keyblade of darkness. It is a Keyblade of light. The only Keyblade of darkness that we know about so far is Kingdom Key D.

I know what the Keyblade of heart is.

No, Xehanort's Keyblade is not a Keyblade of darkness. It is a Keyblade of light. The only Keyblade of darkness that we know about so far is Kingdom Key D.I know what the Keyblade of heart is.

Where on earth did you get that? Is it not obvious just how dark he has acted and the dark power that has emanated from his Keyblade? There are more keys of darkness than the Kingdom Key D (plus, that notion we only know that the Kingdom Key D as the only one is totally false). What is Vanitas's Keyblade then? If you say of light, then I don't know what you are seeing or where you are getting it from because Vanitas is the darkness of Ven's heart set free and holding a dark Keyblade. So, with this all said, Master Xehanort's Keyblade is of darkness. He has fired dark power from it when he and Eraqus first fought after discussing the Keyblade War in BbS. What on earth are you seeing if that is not a key of darkness? Terra may have fired dark spells from his, but that's because of the darkness in his heart. Master Xehanort has been completely taken by darkness and his Keyblade is one of darkness. How does a Keyblade of light look dark in color and haunting in appearance? It doesn't.

Where on earth did you get that? Is it not obvious just how dark he has acted and the dark power that has emanated from his Keyblade? There are more keys of darkness than the Kingdom Key D (plus, that notion we only know that the Kingdom Key D as the only one is totally false). What is Vanitas's Keyblade then? If you say of light, then I don't know what you are seeing or where you are getting it from because Vanitas is the darkness of Ven's heart set free and holding a dark Keyblade. So, with this all said, Master Xehanort's Keyblade is of darkness. He has fired dark power from it when he and Eraqus first fought after discussing the Keyblade War in BbS. What on earth are you seeing if that is not a key of darkness? Terra may have fired dark spells from his, but that's because of the darkness in his heart. Master Xehanort has been completely taken by darkness and his Keyblade is one of darkness. How does a Keyblade of light look dark in color and haunting in appearance? It doesn't.

Keyblades of light are Keyblades from the Realm of Light and Keyblades of darkness are Keyblades from the Realm of Darkness. Kingdom Key D stands for "Kingdom Key -Dark Side-" meaning that it's from the dark side of the Door to Darkness.

Xehanort's Keyblade is not from the Realm of Darkness, therefore it is not a Keyblade of darkness. It is from the Realm of Light, meaning it's a Keyblade of light. Vanitas' Keyblade is not from the Realm of Darkness, therefore it is not a Keyblade of darkness. It is from the Realm of Light, meaning it's a Keyblade of light. It does not matter whether your Keyblade is strong in darkness or not. The only thing that classifies a Keyblade as a Keyblade of darkness is if it's from the Realm of Darkness and the only thing that classifies a Keyblade as a Keyblade of light is if it's from the Realm of Light.

"How does a Keyblade of light look dark in color and haunting in appearance? It doesn't."

This is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.

Riku's Keyblade is dark in color and haunting in appearance, but it's a Keyblade of light

"All Keyblades have one of three natures: light, darkness, or heart. These last two are exceptional; most documented Keyblades, including Sora's and Riku's, are Keyblades of light"

- Reports from Dream Drop Distance

Keyblades of light are Keyblades from the Realm of Light and Keyblades of darkness are Keyblades from the Realm of Darkness. Kingdom Key D stands for "Kingdom Key -Dark Side-" meaning that it's from the dark side of the Door to Darkness.

Xehanort's Keyblade is not from the Realm of Darkness, therefore it is not a Keyblade of darkness. It is from the Realm of Light, meaning it's a Keyblade of light. Vanitas' Keyblade is not from the Realm of Darkness, therefore it is not a Keyblade of darkness. It is from the Realm of Light, meaning it's a Keyblade of light. It does not matter whether your Keyblade is strong in darkness or not. The only thing that classifies a Keyblade as a Keyblade of darkness is if it's from the Realm of Darkness and the only thing that classifies a Keyblade as a Keyblade of light is if it's from the Realm of Light.

"How does a Keyblade of light look dark in color and haunting in appearance? It doesn't."[/size]

This is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.[/size]

Riku's Keyblade is dark in color and haunting in appearance, but it's a Keyblade of light[/size]

"All Keyblades have one of three natures: light, darkness, or heart. These last two are exceptional; most documented Keyblades, including Sora's and Riku's, are Keyblades of light"[/size]

- Reports from Dream Drop Distance[/size]

The story goes that the keyblades of light and darkness were locked in combat. It wasn't just keyblades of light. There were keyblades of darkness too that people held. How could it just be light? There would be no Keyblade war if there were just keyblades of light. There were those who wanted to protect the light and those who wanted to reconcile light and dark or take over the light for power according to the Xehanort reports. The Keyblade wielders of light used keys of light to fight Keyblade wielders of darkness who held dark keys. The original X-blade was attempted to be copied, but the power was split and there became keyblades of light and those of darkness. Those of the light held the light keys and vice versa with those of darkness. The Keyblade of heart is forged when seven lights forge together making it a rare nature. You don't find heart keyblades that often. Master Xehanort and Vanitas both held keyblades of darkness because they both served darkness.

The story goes that the keyblades of light and darkness were locked in combat. It wasn't just keyblades of light. There were keyblades of darkness too that people held. How could it just be light? There would be no Keyblade war if there were just keyblades of light. There were those who wanted to protect the light and those who wanted to reconcile light and dark or take over the light for power according to the Xehanort reports. The Keyblade wielders of light used keys of light to fight Keyblade wielders of darkness who held dark keys. The original X-blade was attempted to be copied, but the power was split and there became keyblades of light and those of darkness. Those of the light held the light keys and vice versa with those of darkness. The Keyblade of heart is forged when seven lights forge together making it a rare nature. You don't find heart keyblades that often. Master Xehanort and Vanitas both held keyblades of darkness because they both served darkness.

That is entirely headcanon. You have not shared a single bit of proof.

Here is extremely solid proof for my claim:

"There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart. The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light."

- Xehanort's Report VI

Xehanort clearly states that the only difference between Keyblades of light and Keyblades of darkness are that they "differ only in origin". He also says "the Keyblades of light we wield" meaning that his Keyblade is a Keyblade of light as well. Absolutely nowhere in the entire Kingdom Hearts series says what you are claiming. Everything you're claiming is all just headcanon. If you're going to say your headcanon, then next time say it's your headcanon rather than acting as if it's fact.

Edited by Elfdemon_

Isamu_Kuno already answered this with the Xehanort Report he posted a few comments above:

"There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart. The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light. The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering together seven hearts of pure light—hearts completely devoid of darkness—may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts. And, as stated before, opening this door arguably gives that person control over all worlds and all people." Xehanort wrote these reports himself, and by the wording, "keyblades of light *we* wield" he is including himself in the bunch who wield keyblades of light, so it's not far-fetched to think that his keyblade is also one of light. 

There are more keyblades of darkness than just the Kingdom Key D, yes that's true, but the only one we know of is Kingdom Key D. Unless there is a report/interview/something in game that explicitly mentions another specific keyblade from the realm of darkness. We do not know what Vanitas's keyblade is, unless it was stated somewhere and I just missed that, but it does not really matter, the only difference between dark and light keyblades are the place where they're found, both types serve the same purpose, however.

Just because an individual has an affinity towards darkness or towards light does not automatically mean their keyblade has to match that, it very well could but it's not always the case. Mickey is associated with those who have an affiliation to light, like Sora and co, yet he's seen wielding the Kingdom Key D, a keyblade from the realm darkness on many occasions. 

That is entirely headcanon. You have not shared a single bit of proof.

Here is extremely solid proof for my claim:

"There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart. The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light."

- Xehanort's Report VI

Xehanort clearly states that the only difference between Keyblades of light and Keyblades of darkness are that they "differ only in origin". Absolutely nowhere in the entire Kingdom Hearts series says what you are claiming. Everything you're claiming is all just headcanon. If you're going to say your headcanon, then next time say it's your headcanon rather than acting as if it's fact.

I did some more looking up about this. I too found this. I am mistaken. And excuse me for being mistaken and thinking it is true and for you claiming that I am acting like it is.>:( No need to be that way whatsoever. Edited by KingdomHearts3