Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Seyin95

Something that's bothered me about the city in The World That Never Was

Ok this will probably around extremely bizarre, but I was recently playing KH2.5 and got to the World That Never Was. This is where we get to the issue that's bugged me from the first time I played KH2, Who designed/built the city there? Seriously when you get to the area where you are about to enter the castle; look down at the city area it's huge.

That suggests there must be a purpose for the city; however we've only seen Organization XIII/True Organization members based there and they live in the castle ( which again alludes to a population being ruled over).

I doubt the regular nobodies like your dusks Rock up to their houses after a day's work and even if they were used for storage; come on there's thirteen of them; you don't need that much storage to build a city and they can move about using corridors of Darkness; so if they run out of items ( spoof item- spice; Agrabah is easily accessible).

If there is a population living there; then why hasn't anything been hinted? Surely some signs of life must be visible.

Unless and this is where things get dark; The World That Never Was is like a post nuclear world and instead of a nuclear attack; the regular nobodies ' relocated' the residents, thus causing more heartless and more nobodies increasing their numbers.

It might seem a bit bizarre as I said; but it has seriously bothered me haha; and once you have read the part where all the residents have been killed/turned into heartless then your next play through through the World That Never Was will never be seen in the same light again

It's more of a representation of how Nobodies are intelligent, and that they can think and plan. The World that Never Was is like a Nobody of End of The World from KH1. End of the World looks organic and twisted, representative of the Heartless and their animalistic nature, and utter lack of skill and planning, while The World that Never Was looks man-made, representing the Nobodies and their form of intelligence. At least, that's how I think of it.

Edited by KeybladeLordSora

I wondered the same thing visiting the world is KH2. I really love the design, a modern city in a dark rainy environment...awesome! In fact, I thought it was Traverse Town when I first got there (don't judge I was only 8 years old). I assume nowadays that the dusks and other types of nobodies reside in the city. Haven't played DDD yet, so I don't know too much about the world in that game. Though, the post about the buildings being solid is interesting.

Anyway, when KH3 releases, hopefully we'll be able to explore the world and maybe learn more about the city and its purpose.

One part of the world kinda mystified me. I always wondered about that truck in the corner next to Memory's Skyscraper. I mean, what happened there?

I doubt we'll ever know; but all of a sudden the genocide idea is actually not looking too crazy at all

Oh believe me, i noticed it in KH2, 358/2Days, and KH:3D. Especially in KH:3D. Cause i had literally walked up to it and said, "Why is there a freakin truck here?!"

I noticed in KH2 the first time I explored that area xD