Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ShardofTruth

Official Wiki Planning Discussion Thread

I feel like credit is a distinct thing from a "license", and that it doesn't make sense to conflate the two. Is there a different way to make it really easy to credit KHWiki on the image pages? Could we just make a template and include it in the image descriptions?

My idea was that the original license would be on KHWiki, and that the template would direct readers to the original image.

I think that's a great idea – once we get the Events pages up to a good standard then we should definitely do this.

I'm pretty happy with how Mission 1 is formatted. I'm moving this weekend, but come Monday I'm going to get the unlock deal, so I can try and go through making all the event/special mission pages. I think a good plan for right now, alongside the special requests that have been made in this forum, is just for those editing the wiki to go forward creating Mission articles based on the Mission 1 template, and if possible, focusing on event missions first.

No problem, done. Let me know if anything is missing, or let me know if anything is broken and I'll be able to work out what's missing.

Could you add the following to Mediawiki:Common.css:

/* Float right */.goright {clear:right;float:right;}

/* fulltabs class to allow for full tabber width */.fulltabs .tabberlive { margin-left: 0;}.fulltabs .goright { clear: none; float: none;}

That should make it work.

Re: the missions being 1:1, everything I've seen so far suggests that they are almost exactly 1:1, with the exception of some of the mission challenges (e.g. the NA version almost exclusively has the 'Defeat all enemies in 1 turn' challenge, while the JP version usually requires only beating the Target Heartless in 1 turn). The Half AP is set to end in about a week or so.

Could you add the following to Mediawiki:Common.css:

/* Float right */.goright {clear:right;float:right;}

/* fulltabs class to allow for full tabber width */.fulltabs .tabberlive { margin-left: 0;}.fulltabs .goright { clear: none; float: none;}

That should make it work.

Yup, done.

As Katie said before the missions are really not that different in both versions, we have different challenges, a bit different rewards and one script change so far, so shouldn't we just include this information in one template without tabs? AP will probably also be the same once the half AP campaign ends. So all that has to be included in the NA infobox would be the Japanese title and challenges + their rewards as separate rows. But maybe the "cleaner" view is wanted, I don't know. What I'm also not sure about is if the Japanese title and challenges should be included in Japanese, as translation or both. The other thing I'm unsure about is how to tackle the events. The "Dress like Mickey" event will be over in seven days and by then the missions and boards won't be accesssible anymore. Should the event missions be handled the same as the story missions or put on one page? What about the differences to the Japanese "みんなでミッキー・コーデ" event? There was a fourth mission and another medal board, the prices for the nodes were also different.

As Katie said before the missions are really not that different in both versions, we have different challenges, a bit different rewards and one script change so far, so shouldn't we just include this information in one template without tabs? AP will probably also be the same once the half AP campaign ends. So all that has to be included in the NA infobox would be the Japanese title and challenges + their rewards as separate rows. But maybe the "cleaner" view is wanted, I don't know. What I'm also not sure about is if the Japanese title and challenges should be included in Japanese, as translation or both. The other thing I'm unsure about is how to tackle the events. The "Dress like Mickey" event will be over in seven days and by then the missions and boards won't be accesssible anymore. Should the event missions be handled the same as the story missions or put on one page? What about the differences to the Japanese "みんなでミッキー・コーデ" event? There was a fourth mission and another medal board, the prices for the nodes were also different.

We could definitely include it without tabs, I just need absolute confirmation on what's the same and what's different.As far as Mickey, I can work on the actual Mission article, but we need to get a "news page" pointing to it like now. See Wikimon or Bulbanews for examples of how to advertise that, and we could use the in-game event banner cropped from a screenshot (or ripped if anyone knows how). Basically, it's a PR/graphics thing, and that's not my forte at all. TheSilentHero is usually good at designing those sort of pretty templates, and the editors who work on the KHWiki magazine might have good input to.I'm also going to start working on uploading all the map tile rips from KHX, using the map names from the English app. If anyone would like to help, more power to you. It would be helpful if I could get move/delete permissions, in case I make any mistakes; if y'all want to wait to hold elections instead, then I'll just make a list of anything I flub.EDIT: http://www.khunchainedx.com/w/index.php?title=Event is really good, but we should also include the other notices, make it a bit flashier, have a link to the missions, and absolutely 100% have a notice on the front page. I'll start working on the mission articles for them.

Edited by InperialManse

I added two mission articles for the event, if it's prefered to have them all on one page, it would still be possible to simply transclude them. I'm not really happy with the enemy list because it feels bloated and it doesn't do the mixed groups justice. There is also the problem with the egg and chest Heartless, because they have a chance to appear on (almost?) every map but don't always spawn. The egg Heartless appear more regularly on the event maps where they drop a large amount of Event Medals.  

I'm also going to start working on uploading all the map tile rips from KHX, using the map names from the English app. If anyone would like to help, more power to you. It would be helpful if I could get move/delete permissions, in case I make any mistakes; if y'all want to wait to hold elections instead, then I'll just make a list of anything I flub.

I uploaded all currently accessible Daybreak Town maps, I'm still not sure what you want to do with them.

Edited by ShardofTruth

I added two mission articles for the event, if it's prefered to have them all on one page, it would still be possible to simply transclude them. I'm not really happy with the enemy list because it feels bloated and it doesn't do the mixed groups justice. There is also the problem with the egg and chest Heartless, because they have a chance to appear on (almost?) every map but don't always spawn. The egg Heartless appear more regularly on the event maps where they drop a large amount of Event Medals.  

I uploaded all currently accessible Daybreak Town maps, I'm still not sure what you want to do with them.

Having the enemy list that way was meant to make it easy to tell which mob is which, but if y'all would rather have that as a text-only table alongside the treasure chests, and have the enemy gallery like the way it's done on the KHWiki, that could work too.As far as the Eggs and Pretenders, I was thinking we could add those using a marker similar to the Target enemy marker, to illustrate that it is a variable enemy.I was figuring those images could go into a gallery illustrating the map for each mission. I'll whip one up for Mission 1, so you can see what I mean, but if they end up only being useful on KHWiki, that's fine too. I kind of had a hope we could make an "atlas" for each world, with thumbnails of each map along with some subway map-style lines showing how each room connects, but I'm not entirely sure if that would actually be useful, and lord knows I'm not good enough with color gradients to do a good-looking version on my own. Sorry I'm not pulling enough of the weight, I'm just...really, really excited about this project, and want to contribute in the ways I'm actually able.EDIT: Also, we need the "collapsible" table class added. Probably "sortable", too. Might be a good idea to have a main Medal list, going over the same stats the notices had about the second medal set, so that people can find the medal they're looking for quickly. Probably don't need anything too detailed about how to obtain the medals beyond "Farmable", "Event Medal", "Coliseum/Special/Event Board", "Draw", etc.

Edited by InperialManse

http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Mission_1:_PrologueI've made every change I can think to -- if someone with information about the JP version wants to come in and absolutely verify what stuff is identical cross-version (and I know y'all have already gone over it but I didn't really understand it clearly), we can simplify the template. Otherwise, I'd like a final input on what people like and what they don't like, so we can go forward propagating this.

Any thoughts on having the number of each material available in the level in the info box, rather than just a list? Also, thoughts on adding the level of each mob within the enemy groups, and possibly an icon indicating their type as well? I'm new to this game but have done extensive work on other game wikis, and having as much information as humanly possible always seems to come in handy at some point down the road.

Ahhh I can't believe I'm just seeing this post now.​Anywho, I have two requests, both @http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Title_Banner​A) May I change it from alphabetical to categorical? I strongly believe it to be both visually and functionally superior.​​B) May I write each title in plain text beside/under each image of the title? This would help with people trying to find a specific title, through both the search toolbar as well as the search function (CTRL+F) on the page itself.​I would have done so already but I didn't want to step on anyone's toes, so to speak.

Ahhh I can't believe I'm just seeing this post now.

​Anywho, I have two requests, both @http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Title_Banner

​A) May I change it from alphabetical to categorical? I strongly believe it to be both visually and functionally superior.

​B) May I write each title in plain text beside/under each image of the title? This would help with people trying to find a specific title, through both the search toolbar as well as the search function (CTRL+F) on the page itself.

​I would have done so already but I didn't want to step on anyone's toes, so to speak.

1) Def agree.

2) Alternate suggestion: http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Talk:Title_Banner . This format would be immensely benefitted by the "sortable" table class, which it looks like has been implemented.

3) Can we also rename the page to "Titles"?

4) Can we add "special characters" to the edit page? I don't remember which MediaWiki page controls it, but on KHWiki we have these characters under every edit window so that you can add non-keyboard characters easily:

Insert: ° ± × ÷ · § Sign your username: ~~~~

Wiki markup: {{}} | [] [[]] [[Category:]] #REDIRECT [[]] <s></s> <sup></sup> <sub></sub> <code></code> <blockquote></blockquote> <ref></ref> {{Reflist}} <references/> <includeonly></includeonly> <noinclude></noinclude> {{DEFAULTSORT:}} <nowiki></nowiki> <!-- --> <span class="plainlinks"></span>

Symbols: ~ | ¡ ¿ # ¹ ² ³ ½ ¼ ¾ «» ¤ ฿ ¢ $ ƒ £ ¥

Kingdom Hearts Special Characters: é ï χ

The male and female symbols ♂ and ♀ would also be helpful for the avatar board pages.

Any thoughts on having the number of each material available in the level in the info box, rather than just a list? Also, thoughts on adding the level of each mob within the enemy groups, and possibly an icon indicating their type as well? I'm new to this game but have done extensive work on other game wikis, and having as much information as humanly possible always seems to come in handy at some point down the road.

Isn't the number variable? I'm pretty sure I've gotten varying amounts on the same run, but I might be wrong.

As far as level, it always matches the mission's level, like the world battle levels in earlier games. For icons, there's only a few enemy types that can have more than one. (http://www.khwiki.com/index.php?title=Forum:Notes_23,_%28KH%CF%87,_Items,_Keyblades,_Heartless,_Translations%29_-_ShardofTruth). The available missions should just have variable Darkballs and Egg Heartless, and for those, yeah, we should mention the type. I believe they match the mission attribute, though I might be misremembering.

Edited by InperialManse

1) Def agree.2) Alternate suggestion: http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Talk:Title_Banner . This format would be immensely benefitted by the "sortable" table class, which it looks like has been implemented. 3) Can we also rename the page to "Titles"?

2) I love it, I'll just need to dissect it to learn how to use it.3) Originally it was just "Title", but I had asked it to be changed to Title Banners. It redirects from Title as well, but not from Titles. I'm fine with either, so I think we should gauge others' opinions on the page. Also, on the topic of material numbers, it is likely a variable but there's also likely a minimum/maximum. I've noticed on some stages that the materials often seem to be the same, as well as the fact that the sparkly patches are always in the same place every time. It would require a lot of people to get this information though.There are places like the dailies that are easy to get information on though. For example, the third Mythril stage gives 1-4 Crystals guaranteed. Edited by Jared Pryatel

4) Can we add "special characters" to the edit page? I don't remember which MediaWiki page controls it, but on KHWiki we have these characters under every edit window so that you can add non-keyboard characters easily:

Insert: ° ± × ÷ · § Sign your username: ~~~~

Wiki markup: {{}} | [] [[]] [[Category:]] #REDIRECT [[]]

{{Reflist}}
{{DEFAULTSORT:}}

Symbols:
~
|
¡
¿
#
¹
²
³
½
¼
¾
«»
¤
฿
¢
$
ƒ
£
¥

Kingdom Hearts
Special Characters:
é
ï
χ

The male and female symbols ♂ and ♀ would also be helpful for the avatar board pages.

Installed the necessary extension (Charinsert) and added that to the Mediawiki:Edittools page, including the gender symbols.

Has anyone gotten the Weekly Extravaganza or the Zootopia Premium Avatar Boards? We need to get info on those now if possible, but hopefully without anyone paying money they hadn't already spent.

Has anyone gotten the Weekly Extravaganza or the Zootopia Premium Avatar Boards? We need to get info on those now if possible, but hopefully without anyone paying money they hadn't already spent.

I have already put the premium board information on the wiki. And what do you mean by "weekly extravaganza"?

There's more info that was needed (pathing, costs, title banner image, etc.), but reddit got that info for me so now it's just an issue of designing the template.For the Weekly Extravaganza, it's that thing advertised everytime you open the game, to pay 15$ to get 3000 jewels and VIP access to special missions. The Skill EXP mission is only available to purchasers, and ends soon. I think we just need raid boss info on that one, though.

There's more info that was needed (pathing, costs, title banner image, etc.), but reddit got that info for me so now it's just an issue of designing the template.

Chain already asked me to design the template, but I need to know what stats/information it needs to have first.

Installed the necessary extension (Charinsert) and added that to the Mediawiki:Edittools page, including the gender symbols.

Can we add macronned vowels, too?TSH: I've posted the necessary stats on your talk page. Let me know if you need more info.

Edited by InperialManse