Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Seyin95

Who exactly was Triton referring to? ( keyblade wielder discussion)

I was recently watching some old cutscenes from the first KH game and something Triton said actually got me wondering, who exactly was he referring to when he was talking about the role of the Keyblade Wielder; it was along the lines of ' As the Keyblade Wielder, you must already know- one must not meddle in the affairs of other worlds.'

Ok how does he know any of this? Maleficent knew from Xehanort and thus how the Council of Villians knew; but how does Triton know about the other worlds? How did he know what the keyhole was and where it was located? And also what Keyblade Wielder has he encountered before?

Sora- he just met and already had the knowledge ( Riku and Kairi can too be ruled out for obvious reasons)

TAV- stating the obvious that Atlantica wasn't in BBS and it seems unlikely they visited worlds before then

Mickey- possibility; but again unlikely since BBS seemed to be the first time he ventured away; maybe between the 10 years gap; but I cannot think of a reason for him going there at all

This leads us to the interesting possibility that Xehanort might have visited the world in the past; that might explain why Triton is Initially sceptical of the Keyblade due to Xehanort's past actions there..

Or it could be a brand new character? Either way; this guy possess info most don't tend to have ame is obviously referring to someone he has had contact with....

Any ideas?

I think he knows due to the Trident: it possess some sort of great power, so why not the power to allow Triton to see other worlds? The thing literally morphs Ariel into a human, so who knows what other powers it has. 

Atlantica isn't exactly an easy to reach place, so only someone who can weild the magic needed to turn into an aquatic creature can get to it: that rules out TVA, and possibly Mickey as well. Maleficent could get there, but was never shown to care about it, except for Ursula being in the Council of Villians. 

Xehanort probably wouldn't care too much about some fish people in a coral castle, and Ariel is never once mentioned as being a PoH, so it's possible Triton's knowledge is either a game shenanigan, just to get Sora told off about not doing the right thing, or the Trident is more powerful than shown in KH. 

I don't think it's any specific character, I think he was just referring the the Keyblade War. If Granny knew a version of the story, I'm sure others know more intact versions, especially world rulers like Triton. I'm guessing that, much like Keyblade Masters, rulers of worlds have certain knowledge no one else is privy to in order to help protect their worlds.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

It's quite surprising actually, Triton isn't the only The Little Mermaid character associated with the roles of Kingdom Hearts. Ursula was summoned by none other than Xehanort and she said "Oh he was right, those little guppies are here, well, it's about time I settled my score!"

Long story short, Triton may have encountered Xehanort, however, this may be because Triton has visited other Islands and lands outside of Atlantica to better understand humans.

I just always considered the headcanon that since he's, you know, A GOD, he can know certain things, like what Keyblades are and a loose understanding of their potential powers of either peace or destruction. I mean Xehanort learned of the legend, so that means a legend exists out there for a few who could know about it, would know about it. But I will admit that it doesn't account for Hades not knowing about it's full abilities until Pete told him, and he himself is a god, so maybe there's either limitations to who knows or maybe it's something else entirely. Point being, it's kind of a small insiginificant detail and I doubt that it will really matter that much.

He is a pretty old dude, he was probably just starting out as a king when the worlds were still connected... in all seriousness, in the era before the Keyblade Wars split the worlds apart, Triton and the rest of the denizens of the connected worlds could have gained knowledge of the Keyblade since, you know, they were probably everywhere during that time, and even after the worlds were pulled apart, Triton could have held onto that knowledge and formed some kind of grudge against Keyblades and Keyblade users as a whole.

Also, before Xehanort enacted his plans leading up to BBS, he did travel the universe in search of knowledge of the Keyblade and the Keyblade Wars. It's possible this could have included an encounter with various Disney worlds, including Atlantica (and now I just had an image of Xehanort as a merman pop into my head... somebody needs to draw this.)

I kind of figure certain characters of the worlds, like Santa, Hades, and Triton, probably have enough power and influence to be able to see past the walls of Darkness and can figure out what's happening in the grand scheme of things. 

I just always considered the headcanon that since he's, you know, A GOD, he can know certain things, like what Keyblades are and a loose understanding of their potential powers of either peace or destruction. I mean Xehanort learned of the legend, so that means a legend exists out there for a few who could know about it, would know about it. But I will admit that it doesn't account for Hades not knowing about it's full abilities until Pete told him, and he himself is a god, so maybe there's either limitations to who knows or maybe it's something else entirely. Point being, it's kind of a small insiginificant detail and I doubt that it will really matter that much.

I think you're thinking about Zeus, triton is most definitely not a god, otherwise all mermaid/mermen would be goddess/gods or atleast the princesses. Tritons dad is Neptune, or was it his grandfather? But all of his power stems directly from his trident, without it he is powerless, not very godlike in my opinion. Edited by Zerrick

I think you're thinking about Zeus, triton is most definitely not a god, otherwise all mermaid/mermen would be goddess/gods or atleast the princesses. Tritons dad is Neptune, or was it his grandfather? But all of his power stems directly from his trident, without it he is powerless, not very godlike in my opinion.

In the Little Mermaid cannon his father is Poseidon. At the very least he would have been a demi-god, so while mortal, he still would at least have many godly powers and knowledge to some extent.

This is something that has always interested and intrigued me, mostly because of the fact that this is a mystery that has been left in the air!  I mean, how is it that Triton knows about the Keyblade at all?  I like what other members have mentioned regarding him having had prior knowledge of the Keyblade, and that could be a possible case!  But you know, this also gets me thinking...maybe a Keyblade Wielder accidentally did something bad that made Triton resent them!  He probably witnessed something horrific!

I've always thought that there's more to Triton than meets the eye.  Perhaps he might have been friends with a Keyblade Wielder at some point, or, as other members have stated, he may have met Xehanort!  But either way, something must have happened that gave Triton the mindset of the Keyblade being equally capable of destruction as it is capable of doing good!  This is an interesting plot point I hope Nomura delves deeper into in Kingdom Hearts III! :D

In the Little Mermaid cannon his father is Poseidon. At the very least he would have been a demi-god, so while mortal, he still would at least have many godly powers and knowledge to some extent.

most demigods, in Greek lore atleast, aren't even godly, they just have super human abilities, most of their power, or uniqueness, stems from gifts from the gods themselves, and even then when it comes to polytheistic religions, gods aren't usually omniscient/all powerful they have complete control over their governed domain, but that's about it, even Zeus in Greek lore isn't all that other than the fact that everyone answers to him and he can hurl thunderbolts( yet all he ever does is gallivant with women)

most demigods, in Greek lore atleast, aren't even godly, they just have super human abilities, most of their power, or uniqueness, stems from gifts from the gods themselves, and even then when it comes to polytheistic religions, gods aren't usually omniscient/all powerful they have complete control over their governed domain, but that's about it, even Zeus in Greek lore isn't all that other than the fact that everyone answers to him and he can hurl thunderbolts( yet all he ever does is gallivant with women)

Yeah but within the Disney universe it feels that they have a little more sway with how much power they have. I already know most of this, but don't forget that Disney treats their gods, especially Greek gods, very differently from how traditional mythology does.

At the very least, this needs to be acknowledged for Kingdom Hearts III!

At the very least, this needs to be acknowledged for Kingdom Hearts III!

seriously; when you think about it; it could be hugely significant; I doubt it, but it could be an interesting plot twist to cover