Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which live-action Disney remake are you the most excited for?

Which live-action Disney remake are you the most excited for?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which live-action Disney remake are you the most excited for?

• Beauty and the Beast
    • Dumbo
    • Mulan
    • Pinocchio
    • Sword in the Stone
    • Winnie the Pooh
    • Different answer? (Share below!)

The Kingdom Hearts movie

But in reality, the Beauty and the Beast one, because I'm a sucker for musicals and it has Emma Watson. I really want to see how Winnie the Pooh turns out, I don't see how they can do it without it looking really weird.

I forgot just how many of these thing were coming out.

The trailers for Jungle Book and Pete's Dragon look decent enough. I really don't mind Disney revamping their properties as long as they bring something interesting to the table. Yeah, it's the same story but you can go in a different direction with it. Jungle Book seems to be going in that direction by being a lot more serious and in-line with the whole "boy trapped in a jungle" scenario in a more realistic fashion.

Then again, there's Pan... I never saw Pan, but I pretty much hated it from the first trailer, and the reviews seem to turn up mostly negative anyway, so yeah, best to avoid something like that.

Also, I'm highly skeptical about Dumbo. Not just because it's one of my favorite Disney films but also because Tim Burton is directing it... not a good sign.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I have no interest in any of these.  I just wish that Disney would make more original movies, and not turn a movie they already created into live-action.

I'm really feeling it about Beauty and the Beast! I just watched the trailer for it, and it looks... A LOT different. This ain't gonna be about Teacups and Furniture, people, this is serious stuff. I really loved Beauty and the Beast, and hopefully this turns out well, too!

Mulan is getting a live-action too?! I never got to watch the original, but it must've been pretty good I would think. :D

Winnie the Pooh? Well okay, Disney, you call the shots. xD

Rock on!

You know at this point I think the better question is "Which upcoming live action Disney remake are you worried about the least?". Cause at this point the only one I'm not as concerned with is Sword in the Stone. I remember the original movie being kind of aimless for the most part in that it was mostly just Merlin trying to teach Arthur to be more curious and intelligent and then eventually switching back to pulling out the sword. So really if a live action version wanted to change the plot up to suit it's own ends like Maleficent did, then I don't see as much of a problem since there really isn't too much to it to really betray. Just as long as they recreate some iconic scenes and still keep the plot point of Merlin trying to prepare Arthur to become a good and wise king then there's not really too many opportunities to mess up...unless they go the Maleficent route and terribly mangle the characters. Otherwise at this point I'm just being very cautious with the live action remake thing Disney is clinging to. Cinderella was okay for the most part, but movies like Maleficent have taught me to be cautious when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm sure at the very least the visuals will be good (though in the case of Pinochio hopefully not too good, I am kind of dreading that Monstro scene, and I can tell for sure that it sure ain't gonna look like Kingdom Hearts in there), but it's mainly the story and characters I'm most concerned with, as well as how they all hold up as movies on their own, not just as homages to already great movies.

I am not excited they should stop this nonsense. Why ruin these classic films by plastering actors names all over them. And why are we even making live action movies with animals if the animals are not live action?! It just baffles me, this is just moneygrabbing at its worst.

I really don't understand all the hate towards the live-action films they've made recently. Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and The Jungle Book all are very well made adaptations that can easily stand side by side with their animated equivalents.

Sure they've announced way too many in advance, but that's not really the fault of the films themselves. The last two (Cinderella and The Jungle Book) were very well made films. Both vastly expanded on developing the characters more than the animated versions, and both looked exceptional. The special effects in The Jungle Book in particular were incredible.

I guess people will find reasons to hate on anything these days, but the only weak film I believe they've done is Maleficent and that's largely down to how they changed too much from Sleeping Beauty itself. I'm looking forward to the future live-action films (mostly Mulan) and while I wish they weren't touching properties like Dumbo or Fantasia (as I don't think they will work well) that's not gonna stop be from seeing them.

Also as for the "Disney have officially run out of original ideas" gibberish, they are a company that need to make money. We still get animated films from both them and Pixar every year. These live-action adaptations are a way of bringing older stories to a new generation of people. You see other studios do it all the time with fairy-tales so why is "unoriginal" when Disney does it?

I've only seen trailers for Jungle Book, I tend to stay away from Movie trailers because so many these days just throw the good parts of the movie in there.  Like the Simpsons movie spoiled near every one of their jokes in their ads and it wasn't that funny when I watched it because of that, vice versa I avoided Deadpool trailers and thought that was the best "Superhero"(/Anti-Hero film?) film I've ever seen.  

But I am me.

And I love Disney.

So I look forward to them all.

Also find it funny people saying they're out of original ideas considering their classic films themselves are retellings of stories that were already out there, ie, not original, more of an adaptation of the source.  

I really don't understand all the hate towards the live-action films they've made recently. Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and The Jungle Book all are very well made adaptations that can easily stand side by side with their animated equivalents.

I personally didn't like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland 'cause it didn't feel like a Disney Film, nor a Tim Burton film.  I actually made a post here a while ago that was more detailed on why, but I haven't seen the film in years so I can't recall every exact reason why, though I strongly remember the feeling of disappointment after watching it and leaving the cinema.  I feel American McGee's Alice was a better dark version of Alice in Wonderland.  

I did enjoy Maleficent though 'cause I enjoy different retellings/varations of classic tales(hence why I like Once Upon a Time), though I was able to guess half way through the movie that it'll follow the line of Frozen where romantic love isn't the only love that can fix their problems.  And I see a similar pattern happening now for any future live action remake they do because so many people complain about the Fairy Tale trope.  

Just came from my Jungle Book screening. What's funny is that first I really didn't want to see the film cause I was truly disappointed by Maleficent that awful movie ruined the classic Sleeping Beauty for me. I did not see Cinderella when it came out. I watched it months after it's release I thought it was decent but it definitely had it's flaws. I was so keen on seeing The Jungle Book cause I didn't want the new movie to ruin my love for the classic. The day before the movie premiered my friends and other people kept on raving that it was magical and breathtaking and you just had to see it on the big screen. I decided to give it a go and here I am now delighted by this new take on the classic. As you watch the movie you can clearly tell that Jon Favreau loved and respected the classic film and source material that is Rudyard Kippling's books. The new film did not ruin my love for the classic it only expanded my love for Rudyard Kippling's books. The Jungle Book is a live action treatment that I accept just like I do for the 1996 take on 101 Dalmatians. Both films are made with passion and detail to it's source material with yet it's own touché. 

As for the future of live action remakes from Disney Im gonna be open but also on my watch cause I don't think many of their planned remakes can top Jon Favreau's Jungle Book in quality and respect to it's source material. However I do think they can make pretty interesting The Sword In The Stone adaptation there's much that wasn't explored in the classic. I do think a Mulan remake could be interesting too cause I would really like to see more development on Shang's character. 

I think some of their works can be done great as live action if the remake they are working on is made from the right people that holds passion for the classics.

Edited by IwasBornAsVentus