Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
advfox

Do you enjoy higher difficulties?

I only enjoy higher difficulties in kh games when it is not forced on me the first time. I'd give it a chance when I get used to how the game works. 

Edited by Zeldablade7

To be honest, I prefer the middle difficulty, depending on the game itself. If we're talking Kingdom Hearts, I'd go with Normal or Proud on my first playthrough. However, if I am given the option to replay "chapters" or "levels" on higher difficulties like in certain other games, then I will absolutely try to do those as well!

I like those kinds of games that allow me to adjust the difficulty up and down as I please, so I can get various rewards and stuff. For instance, TWEWY has multiple drop rates for noise depending on the difficulty you choose. Easy gives only one possible, and quite weak, drop. Whereas Ultimate can give all the drops of difficulties on and below the difficulty, including higher or possibly greater drops. (My memory may be a little off since I haven't played the game in a year. xD )

Tales of Xillia had a similar thing, but instead you get more Exp and Gald, though perhaps you get more items. :)

I could give a longer list of examples, but yeah, I like having the option to change the difficulty for reasons other than a challenge.

Rock on!

As far as KH is concerned, hit me up with that Proud mode yo, straight from the start. KH isn't that difficult of a game as it is tbhOther games.. it really depends on the game.

I like higher difficulty after a first playthrough for all of my games, including KH. I build up the difficulty each time I play through the game then eventually 100% the game, or attempt to curse you Dustflier (KH358/2)

I like playing Kingdom Hearts on the highest difficulty setting and I hope KH3 has critical mode unlocked from the start.I hate it in games where you have to beat the entire game once just to unlock hard mode,I guess it adds replay value but there are much better ways to add replay value

In KH games yes absolutely. I like the challenge of learning how each boss works and becoming a better player. Beating the secret bosses at the highest difficulty feels very rewarding.

Not so much on some turn based games though because difficulty in those kinds of games usually just means more grinding or using long and cheap strategies and i don't really consider that "real" difficulty.