Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey there everyone, how's it going!?  So then, as you've all probably noticed by now, Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X is now made available to us, and the game is so badass!  I've been enjoying it greatly, and with that in mind, I decided to make a video of my first impressions of the game!  And so I, The Friendly Neighborhood Webhead present to you, my first impressions of Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X! :D

So, how about all of you?  What are your first impressions of the game?  Is it to your liking? :D

So far my impressions are the speed of the game itself, it's nice to hear some of the HD remastered tracks plus some newer ones, I guess the pace of missions, player interactions, and outfits and hairstyles. Plus I really love the fact that we're part of a story, It's one of those games that you play as "you" more so the main character of the series. Whatever happens to us in the story happens. 

I may have my worries over, how I'm using my phone let alone learning more tips of how to use it better, but the speed of the game as your avatar runs, is impressive. It's much better than my laptop speed, when I play the browser game.

Other than hearing, Daybreak Town's field and battle theme, it's really nice to hear the HD remastered tracks of 1.5 and 2.5 respectfully, as well another version of Shipmiester's Shanty and the music that plays when the game is showing your results.

Instead of going to point A to point B, or hop into a part of a world, I believe as you are doing these missions, it seems like your avatar does all of the running around while kicking some Heartless butt. 

Player interactions with other players on the other hand, it's something that I've never experienced in the browser game. I was in shy mode, I was afraid if I were to type something in English, it'll put me in a awkward state, and I'm not fluent in Japanese. I wish I was fluent in Japanese though, for me to learn and communicate. I have never joined into a party, but yet I felt like someone tried to add me in, and I was so focused on playing catch-up, keep-up, and go ahead, with the story. (And I'm somewhat still doing that.) LOL I now experience player interactions with players in Unchained X and it's great!

The story. All I can say about the story is, it's 100% interesting. And I believe it's going to get really good. once we caught up of what the browser game has. 

Outfits. I make sure that I would go to a specific world in style. If I'm going to Agrabah, I'll dress like I'm in Agrabah. If I'm going to Olympus Coliseum, I'll have one of those short hair hairstyles and wear something that's suitable. I don't really know why I do that, but I just do that. 

I really do enjoy the game, but I do have a few gripes. One being that the Medals tend to make up to much of the difference in strength compared to level. Level really doesn't seem very rewarding, except that you get your AP refilled. I feel like they could have added more traditional stats to the game, rather than forcing players to rely on medals to make their way through the game, which, as you know, they can be purchased from the store. Basically, I feel like they made it a little too much into your typical micro-transaction game, where it becomes a "pay to win" to some degree. This isn't 100% the case, but, well, let's face it, you only get the better medals by purchasing them through the store, and not everyone is going to be pro at making tactical decisions to save their jewels, nor is everyone going to be a hardcore player. If they really wanted to make money, they should have made it a paid app from the begining, and made the game feel more rewarding just by playting it, and not going to the store to buy stuff with jewels. Whle I'm not one of those people who buys jewels with actual money, there will be those who will be tempted, or even feel a little bit pressured, to do so in order to keep up with their fellow party members, and feel like they're a valuable asset to their party.

Anyway, that's just my own perception, though. I, for one, am really against how much companies make mobile games rely upon micro-transactions to make more money. It's a smart move, sure, but it just takes so much away from the experience than what should have been, in my opinion. I would much rather buy a game, and get a full experience from it right from the get-go, rather than having store ads shoved in my face, and trying to work around a system that seemingly tries to force you into the shop.

I really do enjoy the game, but I do have a few gripes. One being that the Medals tend to make up to much of the difference in strength compared to level. Level really doesn't seem very rewarding, except that you get your AP refilled. I feel like they could have added more traditional stats to the game, rather than forcing players to rely on medals to make their way through the game, which, as you know, they can be purchased from the store. Basically, I feel like they made it a little too much into your typical micro-transaction game, where it becomes a "pay to win" to some degree. This isn't 100% the case, but, well, let's face it, you only get the better medals by purchasing them through the store, and not everyone is going to be pro at making tactical decisions to save their jewels, nor is everyone going to be a hardcore player. If they really wanted to make money, they should have made it a paid app from the begining, and made the game feel more rewarding just by playting it, and not going to the store to buy stuff with jewels. Whle I'm not one of those people who buys jewels with actual money, there will be those who will be tempted, or even feel a little bit pressured, to do so in order to keep up with their fellow party members, and feel like they're a valuable asset to their party.

Anyway, that's just my own perception, though. I, for one, am really against how much companies make mobile games rely upon micro-transactions to make more money. It's a smart move, sure, but it just takes so much away from the experience than what should have been, in my opinion. I would much rather buy a game, and get a full experience from it right from the get-go, rather than having store ads shoved in my face, and trying to work around a system that seemingly tries to force you into the shop.

So far I've made decent progress imo without spending buying many jewels (I've literally pulled only three times) but I've gotta keep on evolving my current medals to avoid not capping in strength and not making progress. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to drop a bunch of jewels for 4- and 5-stars. I'm technically saving jewels for limited-time jewels, but dropping everything on those isn't really the best thing to do either. And it doesn't help when sometimes spending jewels to refill the Special Gauge or Continuing after dying can be tempting at times xP

Like with other games like this, it's perfectly doable without in-app purchases, but it's easier to pay or hack but nobody likes those guys, especially when you end up being ranked against a buttload of other people (with that itself being a possible gripe one could have. Tbh the ranking stuff was part of the reason I dropped the original KHX).

So in short... yeah, u right m8

My first impression of the game was that it was neat. However, I really really don't like the free-to-play aspects that plague these type of games. The ranking system rewards those that throw munny at the thing and the grinding for medals is tedious.

I also dislike that there are currently only 200 story missions and I'm at 86 with very little story even being touched. I dunno if this changes quickly, but I find the missions very boring when you have to keep jumping to the same 4 worlds over and over again, especially when there is next to no original KH plot being even presented to me.

I like the game and I'm being very open minded with it being a smartphone game (which I generally hate playing on), but I dislike the multiplayer and the general lack of story that is present. If there is to be 500 odd missions like the Japanese version then I think it has potential (to me at least) to be the most grindy way to obtain plot advancement since fixing Data Riku and playing through Castle Oblivion in Re:coded. Which is a shame.

The ranking system is unnecessary and when I turn the game on during the weekly reset I really don't care for these 5 people parading down the street because they grinded over a million LUX through exploitations, paying to the top, or having no life in general. It's not something I want in a Kingdom Hearts game.

What I do like:

Despite being grindy, I like the Avatar Board it's a good way to get upgrades. The Medal system in combat is good, the inspiration from Chain of Memories is clear and I like that even if it is more simple. Keyblade upgrade is good too, but sometimes the materials border into way silly grinding for Mythrils/Or'lcums.

I haven't finished the game yet because I haven't had time to play it that much. I'm giving the game a chance to win me over by the 200th story mission, but so far I feel the game is completely irrelevant and an excuse to have Kingdom Hearts on mobile.

Well leveling is needed to join some events atleast I guess.

It does make you stronger to raise your defense.

I don't mind if there are just 200missions you just don't need to rush the game.

Unless you want the Mickey avatar. But that will probably come another day.

Edited by KH4Real

It's pretty good so far, just wish it were more like X. :P

Do you mean you wish it were more like X in terms of the gameplay? 

So far my impressions are the speed of the game itself, it's nice to hear some of the HD remastered tracks plus some newer ones, I guess the pace of missions, player interactions, and outfits and hairstyles. Plus I really love the fact that we're part of a story, It's one of those games that you play as "you" more so the main character of the series. Whatever happens to us in the story happens. 

I may have my worries over, how I'm using my phone let alone learning more tips of how to use it better, but the speed of the game as your avatar runs, is impressive. It's much better than my laptop speed, when I play the browser game.

Other than hearing, Daybreak Town's field and battle theme, it's really nice to hear the HD remastered tracks of 1.5 and 2.5 respectfully, as well another version of Shipmiester's Shanty and the music that plays when the game is showing your results.

Instead of going to point A to point B, or hop into a part of a world, I believe as you are doing these missions, it seems like your avatar does all of the running around while kicking some Heartless butt. 

Player interactions with other players on the other hand, it's something that I've never experienced in the browser game. I was in shy mode, I was afraid if I were to type something in English, it'll put me in a awkward state, and I'm not fluent in Japanese. I wish I was fluent in Japanese though, for me to learn and communicate. I have never joined into a party, but yet I felt like someone tried to add me in, and I was so focused on playing catch-up, keep-up, and go ahead, with the story. (And I'm somewhat still doing that.) LOL I now experience player interactions with players in Unchained X and it's great!

The story. All I can say about the story is, it's 100% interesting. And I believe it's going to get really good. once we caught up of what the browser game has. 

Outfits. I make sure that I would go to a specific world in style. If I'm going to Agrabah, I'll dress like I'm in Agrabah. If I'm going to Olympus Coliseum, I'll have one of those short hair hairstyles and wear something that's suitable. I don't really know why I do that, but I just do that. 

Haha, yeah, I just love how we're in the events leading up to the Keyblade War, ya know?  And I agree, the gameplay is smooth and satisfying, the story is great, and I love interacting with other people!  The music of the game is indeed a most definite plus!  Haha, and yeah, I can tell what you mean about you wanting to look a certain way when entering a world!  You've sported a bevy of outfits in the game! :D

Actually, in my experience with the game, I haven't viewed the micro-transactions as something that blocks the game for me, ya know?  Sure, the option to buy things is there, but so far, I've been perfectly fine playing the game without investing money into it, ya know?  And I'll probably play this way through the entire game!

Ah, so levels don't do anything, it's the Medals that make you more powerful, eh?  Hmm, I figured as much!

So far I've made decent progress imo without spending buying many jewels (I've literally pulled only three times) but I've gotta keep on evolving my current medals to avoid not capping in strength and not making progress. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to drop a bunch of jewels for 4- and 5-stars. I'm technically saving jewels for limited-time jewels, but dropping everything on those isn't really the best thing to do either. And it doesn't help when sometimes spending jewels to refill the Special Gauge or Continuing after dying can be tempting at times xP

Like with other games like this, it's perfectly doable without in-app purchases, but it's easier to pay or hack but nobody likes those guys, especially when you end up being ranked against a buttload of other people (with that itself being a possible gripe one could have. Tbh the ranking stuff was part of the reason I dropped the original KHX).

So in short... yeah, u right m8

Well, the best thing about the micro-transactions is that they're optional, ya know?  They aren't a thing that blocks out the entire game, and that makes me happy! :3

My first impression of the game was that it was neat. However, I really really don't like the free-to-play aspects that plague these type of games. The ranking system rewards those that throw munny at the thing and the grinding for medals is tedious.

I also dislike that there are currently only 200 story missions and I'm at 86 with very little story even being touched. I dunno if this changes quickly, but I find the missions very boring when you have to keep jumping to the same 4 worlds over and over again, especially when there is next to no original KH plot being even presented to me.

I like the game and I'm being very open minded with it being a smartphone game (which I generally hate playing on), but I dislike the multiplayer and the general lack of story that is present. If there is to be 500 odd missions like the Japanese version then I think it has potential (to me at least) to be the most grindy way to obtain plot advancement since fixing Data Riku and playing through Castle Oblivion in Re:coded. Which is a shame.

The ranking system is unnecessary and when I turn the game on during the weekly reset I really don't care for these 5 people parading down the street because they grinded over a million LUX through exploitations, paying to the top, or having no life in general. It's not something I want in a Kingdom Hearts game.

What I do like:

Despite being grindy, I like the Avatar Board it's a good way to get upgrades. The Medal system in combat is good, the inspiration from Chain of Memories is clear and I like that even if it is more simple. Keyblade upgrade is good too, but sometimes the materials border into way silly grinding for Mythrils/Or'lcums.

I haven't finished the game yet because I haven't had time to play it that much. I'm giving the game a chance to win me over by the 200th story mission, but so far I feel the game is completely irrelevant and an excuse to have Kingdom Hearts on mobile.

Well, maybe the story will get more interesting for you as new story updates come along, ya know? :3  As for the online rankings, yeah, I'm like: "Holy hell, how'd this Union get so much Lux in the span of a week!?"  It's insane, ya know? X3

But yeah, I'm just playing this game for its story, and I don't pay too much attention to the leaderboards.  I also love interacting with my party members, and I agree, the Avatar Board is great for upgrades and for great costumes for your avatar!  I can literally make my Keyblade Wielder stand out from the other players, ya know? But yeah, I love this game so far! :3

Well leveling is needed to join some events atleast I guess.

It does make you stronger to raise your defense.

I don't mind if there are just 200missions you just don't need to rush the game.

Unless you want the Mickey avatar. But that will probably come another day.

I'm still on mission 65!  I'm taking the game slowly, ya know? X3

But yeah, you've all got some interesting first impressions on the game!  I liked reading through all of them! :D

Haha, yeah, I just love how we're in the events leading up to the Keyblade War, ya know?  And I agree, the gameplay is smooth and satisfying, the story is great, and I love interacting with other people!  The music of the game is indeed a most definite plus!  Haha, and yeah, I can tell what you mean about you wanting to look a certain way when entering a world!  You've sported a bevy of outfits in the game! :D

Actually, in my experience with the game, I haven't viewed the micro-transactions as something that blocks the game for me, ya know?  Sure, the option to buy things is there, but so far, I've been perfectly fine playing the game without investing money into it, ya know?  And I'll probably play this way through the entire game!

Ah, so levels don't do anything, it's the Medals that make you more powerful, eh?  Hmm, I figured as much!

Well, the best thing about the micro-transactions is that they're optional, ya know?  They aren't a thing that blocks out the entire game, and that makes me happy! :3

Well, maybe the story will get more interesting for you as new story updates come along, ya know? :3  As for the online rankings, yeah, I'm like: "Holy hell, how'd this Union get so much Lux in the span of a week!?"  It's insane, ya know? X3

But yeah, I'm just playing this game for its story, and I don't pay too much attention to the leaderboards.  I also love interacting with my party members, and I agree, the Avatar Board is great for upgrades and for great costumes for your avatar!  I can literally make my Keyblade Wielder stand out from the other players, ya know? But yeah, I love this game so far! :3

But yeah, you've all got some interesting first impressions on the game!  I liked reading through all of them! :D

Well, mostly in terms of story and special stuff, but then again maybe it's a bit too early to judge. It's highly possible that things like meeting Skuld will happen just at a much later date. As far as gameplay goes, I'm fine with the changes they've made as far as the cards for medals thing is concerned (I mean, I still think the cards are cooler, at least you can see more of the awesome render art, but whatever) and I like the option to attack multiple enemies at once and stuff like that, but after seeing how quickly everyone was able to become OP on X and now actually playing it seeing how difficult it can be to even get decently powered medals, I do feel like there's some kind of valley of power to play with between the two versions. But again, maybe it's too early in the game to judge, but I remember Everglow being much more OP by this point in the story on X at half the level I'm at now (90-something) and yet I don't even have that Wing Blade attack or whatever it's called in this version (I thought it was Heaven's Blade, but that might actually just be a Thunder-style Zantetsuken like Blazing Blade). So I guess I'm just a little confused since I put my expectations waaaaay up there after seeing how X worked, but it's still a fun game and the only other real complaint I can come up with at this point that I can't excuse due to timing is the in-app purchases. I mean, yeah I know those are optional, but half the time in order to even take them up on those special deal offers like this week's I have to spend money in order to get 3000 Jewels anyway, because Jewels are an extremely rare commodity in this game and it's kind of annoying that I can't really save them up soon enough. But I still love the game though, and I know that there are FAR worse mobile phone games out there of things I love (Sonic Runners still haunts my dreams...all the money wasted....all the unfairness of the game....why...?).

Yup. We've became a part of something much bigger in the story. :) And I sure did with all of those outfits. :D

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

Well, mostly in terms of story and special stuff, but then again maybe it's a bit too early to judge. It's highly possible that things like meeting Skuld will happen just at a much later date. As far as gameplay goes, I'm fine with the changes they've made as far as the cards for medals thing is concerned (I mean, I still think the cards are cooler, at least you can see more of the awesome render art, but whatever) and I like the option to attack multiple enemies at once and stuff like that, but after seeing how quickly everyone was able to become OP on X and now actually playing it seeing how difficult it can be to even get decently powered medals, I do feel like there's some kind of valley of power to play with between the two versions. But again, maybe it's too early in the game to judge, but I remember Everglow being much more OP by this point in the story on X at half the level I'm at now (90-something) and yet I don't even have that Wing Blade attack or whatever it's called in this version (I thought it was Heaven's Blade, but that might actually just be a Thunder-style Zantetsuken like Blazing Blade). So I guess I'm just a little confused since I put my expectations waaaaay up there after seeing how X worked, but it's still a fun game and the only other real complaint I can come up with at this point that I can't excuse due to timing is the in-app purchases. I mean, yeah I know those are optional, but half the time in order to even take them up on those special deal offers like this week's I have to spend money in order to get 3000 Jewels anyway, because Jewels are an extremely rare commodity in this game and it's kind of annoying that I can't really save them up soon enough. But I still love the game though, and I know that there are FAR worse mobile phone games out there of things I love (Sonic Runners still haunts my dreams...all the money wasted....all the unfairness of the game....why...?).

Ah, I see.  Well, since you played X first and then Unchained X, then your complaints are quite reasonable!  Since I've played only Unchained X, then I don't have the same complaints as you, ya know?  But yeah, honestly, the in app purchases haven't bothered me, as they're never in my face!  And also, the gameplay's pretty fun! But yeah, the important thing is that you're enjoying the game, even if you have a complaint or two! :)

Yup. We've became a part of something much bigger in the story. :) And I sure did with all of those outfits. :D

Omg, I know, right!?  We're being part of Kingdom Hearts history!  Haha, and yeah, you're rocking those outfits like a boss! :D

Ah, I see.  Well, since you played X first and then Unchained X, then your complaints are quite reasonable!  Since I've played only Unchained X, then I don't have the same complaints as you, ya know?  But yeah, honestly, the in app purchases haven't bothered me, as they're never in my face!  And also, the gameplay's pretty fun! But yeah, the important thing is that you're enjoying the game, even if you have a complaint or two! :)

Omg, I know, right!?  We're being part of Kingdom Hearts history!  Haha, and yeah, you're rocking those outfits like a boss! :D

Well it's not that I have played X myself....I mean, I HAVE but that was back during the early beta days, and since then I forgot how to sign into my account, which was a pain in itself because JAPANESE YAHOO, DEAR LORD! But it was fun for the most part and it looks even more fun when watching Everglow play it, it just looks like a top-notch experience. So you can see why I would think that by comparison this feels a little more like a watered down version. I mean, this is still the most I have ever played of the X experience, but I do wish they made up more for the differences that they forced on it. Again, my complaints are mostly aesthetic and odds are most of my story based ones will end up solving themselves as more updates occur, but it's still worth noting that no matter what they never seem to try to give us the same experience Japanese fans get.

Well it's not that I have played X myself....I mean, I HAVE but that was back during the early beta days, and since then I forgot how to sign into my account, which was a pain in itself because JAPANESE YAHOO, DEAR LORD! But it was fun for the most part and it looks even more fun when watching Everglow play it, it just looks like a top-notch experience. So you can see why I would think that by comparison this feels a little more like a watered down version. I mean, this is still the most I have ever played of the X experience, but I do wish they made up more for the differences that they forced on it. Again, my complaints are mostly aesthetic and odds are most of my story based ones will end up solving themselves as more updates occur, but it's still worth noting that no matter what they never seem to try to give us the same experience Japanese fans get.

Ah, okay, I see what you mean! :O