Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KHUX The main page

Now that we're making great progress on the wiki and have a sort of plan for the future, I think we should take a moment to consider how the homepage should be laid out. In particular, I think we should decide the overall "structure" of the wiki and how this will be presented under the "Content" section on the main page... if that makes sense.

Currently, we have a kind of plain list of lists of types of content, with a mismatch of linking to actual pages such as http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Medal and categories such as http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Category:Missions.

I think we should decide on a way to make this consistent (probably going with actual pages for lists of everything), to make the structure really sensible for players of the game (we need to think about what's most useful for an average player, what they most likely are coming to the wiki to find out, and to present this in a way that makes sense), and if possible, we need to organise for someone to make pretty graphics/buttons to represent these sections.

Well, I believe things like missions, medals and enemies should be made a priority. I feel that these will draw the most attention so for now, should have the most focus.

As for the structure, maybe something similar to other wikis. Links to each part of the page as a list at the top of the page. There could also be a list on the left side of the page under the "Navigation" tab, with links to other pages.

Well I can't say anything about the actual structure of the site but I can tell you that if you want to maximize the usage of the wiki, you should have everything, and I mean everything in Comic Sans font. Just my opinion hope it helps!

I would probably get a good look at other wikis and aim to resemble the going trend in terms of format. When I do go to a wiki site I like the list of categories all neatly laid out so that i can find exactly what I'm looking for without exploring a bazillion pages. Enemies and character details are often why I go to wiki sites, but I'm sure you'll get tons of people all for different reasons.

I hope that helps some! Good luck to you and those working on the wiki! ;)

I made this as an example of something for the Main Page: http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/User:TheSilentHero/Main_Page (Some images may need to be changed.)

Besides that, we could also have banners for current events and daily dungeons. (The Daily dungeons can be coded so they change automatically based on the current day.) Thoughts?

That is great! I'm going to copy that over to the main page now with a couple of minor changes, and we can keep tweaking it.

I agree with the banners for current events and daily dungeons, we should definitely implement both. 

I'd LOVE to have a widget of some sort on the front showing the current events and Daily Missions, the countdown to when they change over, and perhaps a countdown to the time when the daily login changes over (around 4 AM). 

(It'd be super awesome if we could have this for both the NA and JP versions, since the JP version has different days for things like the Mythril missions, but obviously the NA version should take precedence on an English-language wiki.)

I'd LOVE to have a widget of some sort on the front showing the current events and Daily Missions, the countdown to when they change over, and perhaps a countdown to the time when the daily login changes over (around 4 AM). 

(It'd be super awesome if we could have this for both the NA and JP versions, since the JP version has different days for things like the Mythril missions, but obviously the NA version should take precedence on an English-language wiki.)

I'll try to create a list of events/daily dungeons with a timer. Does anyone know the exact time at which they change in UTC? Also, what timezone is used for the wiki?

I think it's EST by default.

It's actually UTC -2 which is extremely weird because I'm certain that's the least populated time zone in the world. Is it possible to change it? The server operates on PST so I think that would be the best bet.

It's actually UTC -2 which is extremely weird because I'm certain that's the least populated time zone in the world. Is it possible to change it? The server operates on PST so I think that would be the best bet.

Oh, actually the default time was set to UTC/GMT for some reason. I've changed it to PST to match KHUX. Just tested with an edit and it seems to be correct now.

Oh, actually the default time was set to UTC/GMT for some reason. I've changed it to PST to match KHUX. Just tested with an edit and it seems to be correct now.

Ah, I think I actually misunderstood. I was basing it on the "Recent Changes" times.