Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

How would you take a Kingdom Hearts 3 delay?

How would you take a Kingdom Hearts 3 delay?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How would you take a Kingdom Hearts 3 delay?

• It'd be fine. A delayed game is eventually good.
    • Depends on my mood.
    • I'd send angry emails to Square Enix.
    • Eat ice cream and cry myself to sleep!
    • All my interest would be lost.
    • I don't know, do I look like I'm from the future?
    • Something else? Comment away!

I really wouldn't be bothered lol. I'm done worrying or caring about KH3 since I haven't played through the full series in such a long time. If E3 rolls around and KH3 shows up my hype will be restored. A delay wouldn't bother me at all and I doubt it would ever get delayed. Square Enix only announce release dates when a game is close to completion. 

I'll be fine. I've been waiting for seven years to hear Kingdom Hearts 3 finally be in development back in 2013. Now I'm in 2016 and I know for a fact that Nomura and the Osaka Team are working very hard to make Kingdom Hearts 3. Besides I'm not even thinking about Kingdom Hearts 3, I'm actually more excited to see more of KH HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. Kingdom Hearts: Unchained x and Kingdom Hearts: 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will keep me pretty busy for the time being until Nomura and Square finally announce the release date of Kingdom Hearts 3.

Edited by Movies798

II.8 isn't even out yet. I'm not going to be fretting over KH3 for a while and even then I'm not one of the people who spent 10 years expecting it when it wasn't even announced. It's a huge game and it's only been a few years since we started waiting for it. I can be patient.

It really kind of depends. On one hand, I'd rather they delay it to give the game the polish it deserves, rather than rush it to appease the fans. On the other hand, Duke Nukem Forever.

I don't want another Versus XIII, Nomura!

Sorry, but for some reason my faith in the guy is not the best since the whole FF Versus XIII fiasco.

A delay would mean that the team is doing everything it can to make sure the game's as perfect as it can be. So... it would disappointing, but at the same time it'd be a nice sign of faith on team's part. In short, I'd just Deal With It like always, lol.

It all depends on the reasons I'll use two different games that both have had delays as examples. Mighty No. 9 which has had who knows or cares how many delays right now the first one I was ok with but then they kept delaying it over stuff that no one really cares about and now they delayed it for a reason they haven't given, the last one they did give is they said they wanted to fix up the multiplayer, something I could do without, even thought the single player is all done. They could've just released the single player and then released the multiplayer with a update but no they didn't do that and now it is costing them severely.

Persona 5 has been delayed two or three times I believe it was first announced for winter 2014 for the PS3 but that never happened but they reviled that it will also come out in 2015 on the PS4 as well which was fine but then when 2015 came around they announced that it must be delayed again and the reason behind it was to add more to the game and the story I can't remember what exactly the director said but it was a fair reason for the delay and now they have a countdown to an event which will hopefully announce an actual release date.

Yes both of these games are different genre but it's all behind of why did it get delayed, I just remember the first time Mighty No. 9 got delayed I was ok with but every other delay was like are you firetrucking series this is getting ridiculous and they even had an actual date that it will release but as it got close to those dates they would say sorry we have to delay it again. And with Persona 5 being a huge JRPG I'm ok with it being delayed but if it gets one more then I might not be that happy but they never had a set date just a set year and season.

So how I would feel about a Kingdom Hearts delay is it all depends on behind the reasoning for it and if it actually has a set release date then I wouldn't be that happy about it but if it's like the Persona 5 delays where it just has a year and season and has a good reason behind the delays I will be ok with, but if it gets delayed three or more times I would start getting upset

I wouldn't really be all that invested or emotional over it. We've waited long enough, the game comes when it comes. It no longer resides as the heart of my universe so I can wait a while :D

A delay would only be a few months anyway. Waited so long already, won't mind waiting a bit more.

Has Square ever delayed a game btw? Pretty sure they announce release dates when they are 100% sure it will be released then.

It's a little too early to be talking about KH3 being delayed as it has no release date, though I understand the thought here, hypothetical circumstances and all.

However I wouldn't have a problem as long as, well...they don't take the piss like Mighty No.9 currently is.

The issue with Kingdom Hearts 3 right now is that it was announced faaaaaaaar too early back in 2013 when development was literally just beginning, which some might prefer as we're potentially with Square every step of the way, but the trouble is that we're not really. Square-Enix is very hush-hush about the game because they announced it too early. They don't want us every step of the way looking over their shoulder, some of us slobbering on said shoulder, judging them for how long the game we've known about the development of since Pre-Alpha is taking.

Because of that, plus the idea of a delay, there is an implicit fear of KH3 ending up like the infamous Duke Nukem: Forever, which was stuck in one of the most extensive and horrific Development Hells ever conceived and had nothing to show for it. It ended up being a sub-par, Cookie Cutter FPS taking elements from Halo with its weapon limit (Uncharacteristic for Duke, who carries every weapon he can.) and regenerating "Ego" Health Bar (Medi-Kits/Food in older games.) plus Duke himself feeling floaty like he's on pocket of air the entire time, most guns being shit-tier, multiplayer was crap, the graphics were utter balls and the story...I have no idea what was happening, I was so bored. :/

Understandably, people are worried about KH3. In some ways, I am too, but don't get me wrong, I don't think it'll be in Development Hell like Forever and FFvsXIII were, but there are legitimate concerns for a game that has shown the first steps of development to the public eye, but is otherwise quiet until they have actual gameplay to show, as if they came to their senses after 2013. Plus, them announcing it so early and us waiting for almost 3 years now has caused many to now lose interest in KH entirely, even with II.8 to satiate our hunger. It's, saddening to me. :(

Edited by SuperiorKunivas

It would suck, sure. But as long as we get a complete, balanced, quality game in the end, I certainly can't complain. And, of course, as long as I don't have to wait another five years.