Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
One-Winged Angel

What is your guys opinions on the team working on KH3?

For his storyline analysis, I straight-up disagree. He point out things like "oh, KH1 and KH2 are irrelevant," and, "there are plot holes that don't make sense." The first part is completely untrue, though they may be unimportant in context of KH3 (but why does that even matter exactly?). The second part, while true, doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the story. In fact, if we can fill those plot holes ourselves, then why does it even matter? I just feel like nothing in that really makes any sense.

As far as his gameplay part goes, I agree to a certain extent. I don't think it's right to place all the blame on Osaka when some of the faults were pretty clearly due to the fact that they were handheld games, and they probably weren't told to put as much effort into them. Also, wasn't DDD rushed? That could make things difficult for them. You can't blame them for some sub par direction, either. The only thing that I agree in it's entirety is that the bosses were broken. One other thing: he didn't bother mentioning the combos in the latest KH3 trailer. They're faster paced, more KH2 style. If anything, I'd say that's a sign Osaka will be fine. My only worries gameplay-wise are for the secret bosses, and accidentally rolling into flowmotion when you don't want to.

Again with this...

When it comes to the gameplay the Osaka team never really aimed to make something on par with Kh2,they always went with something different.I think they're capable in making a battle system similar to kh2 or better if they aimed too.

His first video is right on the money, I disagree with his second only because he sold out by contradicting himself saying that BBS was his second favorite game then in the next video bashes it and uses arguements stated in so many other KH youtuber channels just to get views, which he all,but confirms by saying the only reason he made the second was because the first was so popular. But in regards to the first, yeah he is definitely right about the story filling in gaps with reckless abandon and making up concepts. im sorry, but time travel was the dumbest thing Nomura could have done, adding the concept so late in a series lore is just ridiculous, if the time travel concept isn't integral to the plot from the very beginning so that the plot can actually revolve around it then don't add it. Because I can assure you that after KH3, we are never going to see time travel again unless to serve as another "plot twist" cop out. This is just so that Nomura doesn't have to make anymore villains and can just recycle the roster. I've already said my piece on osaka team's involvement with 3 so I'm not going to get into that.

Yeah these videos are poorly made, and while I do have issues with story in terms of decisions they've made (having Roxas, Namine, and Xion come back and Lea getting a keyblade) for the most part it's fine. The plot holes that do exist are pretty minor and do not stop the narrative from making sense. While it's true that a few of the games don't add anything to the overall story (days and recoded) they still expand upon characters and fill in some gaps. Now I've already mentioned in another thread my worries and issues with the Osaka team but I won't restate them here. I will say though that I am a bit worried since they are the ones leading the development on this game and while they have mentioned that the Tokyo team is assisting a bit, there is no confirmation that they are slowly taking over for the Osaka team.

I have total faith in the Osaka Team, they´re a competent team. I will add that the term Dev Team is a very loose one, mini rant incoming:

I think people are using the terms "Team X is developing this game" "Team Y is developing this game" too much at face value. They may share some common people in common positions (Directors, Producers and Lead Designers, etc) but people and fans always forget those who work under them (all the programmer, debuggers, artists, etc) they always change, move on to other projects, change companies, change roles etc. Hell, the so called "KH1 & 2 TEAM" (AKA Tokyo Team) as many of you call it is not composed by the same guys in the 2 games, here take a look:

People that worked on KINGDOM HEARTS 1(above) and KINGDOM HEARTS 2(below)

Programmers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Battle Planners

Posted Image

Posted Image

Event Planners

Posted Image

Posted Image

Map Planers

Posted Image

Posted Image

As for Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Osaka Team, they were hiring people, AKA non Osaka & Tokyo Team people are working on the game, which is no different from KH2 having both non original KH1 devs and original KH1 devs on its dev list.

Edited by Lulcielid

To answer the actual question in the thread title:The team keeps pushing off Kingdom Hearts 3 for Final Fantasy and it is the lamest thing. Kingdom Hearts is LITERALLY MY MOST FAVORITE THING, but I'm so close to leaving it behind because of how much they've pushed it off. It isn't like "we need more time to make this awesome", because that'd be fine...But to push it off for other games (that I don't give a crap about)? That's lame and has lost the team some of my favor.

Edited by Aether Lion

To answer the actual question in the thread title:The team keeps pushing off Kingdom Hearts 3 for Final Fantasy and it is the lamest thing. Kingdom Hearts is LITERALLY MY MOST FAVORITE THING, but I'm so close to leaving it behind because of how much they've pushed it off. It isn't like "we need more time to make this awesome", because that'd be fine...But to push it off for other games (that I don't give a crap about)? That's lame and has lost the team some of my favor.

did i understand it right that you dont like the team because they prioritise working on a title (that also has many fans around the world) that has literally been in DEVELOPMENT for 10 years? thats just egoistic

like i dont care about final fantasy that much either but they have waited for so long now its ridiculous.

and btw, the team that is working on kh3 right now is the osaka team, not the tokyo team.

Edited by sneakie1

I'm very skeptical of the Osaka Team, but judging from the most recent trailer from Jump Festa, they have improved exponentially and are doing a great job. Plus, now that FFXV is coming to an end in development, many of the people working on that will come over to KH3 and help finish it off.

I think KH3 will end up being the perfect mash-up between the Osaka Team's and the Tokyo Team's style of games.

did i understand it right that you dont like the team because they prioritise working on a title (that also has many fans around the world) that has literally been in DEVELOPMENT for 10 years? thats just egoistic

like i dont care about final fantasy that much either but they have waited for so long now its ridiculous.

and btw, the team that is working on kh3 right now is the osaka team, not the tokyo team.

I mean, that comment I made was harsh. But I mean KH3 is going to soon be joining that other FF game in the "10 year wait". :P No need to be so abrasive in response.

I mean, that comment I made was harsh. But I mean KH3 is going to soon be joining that other FF game in the "10 year wait". :P No need to be so abrasive in response.

as much as we know, kh3 has been in development for 3 years now (maybe 2 more if you count the time before e3 2013, but nothing concrete). Still not even half the time.

not really intending to be harsh, but these "we have been waiting forever" comments are just tiring after some time

Edited by sneakie1