Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ guide: Skills

While abilities are something that can be activated by any medal used in battle, skills can be a useful addition that can be a lot harder to obtain and use. Here are some quick tips about skills: what they are, how they work, and how to obtain them. 

Skills are bonuses attached to medals that are activated randomly during battle, with each skill having a varying percentage of how often it will be triggered. Some skills will also require that certain conditions have to be met before there will be a chance for activation. Skills can also be leveled up by being used in combat, with higher level skills providing much higher activation chances.

The 14 types of different skills are listed below along with their activation chance percentages:

• Ability Prize Up: increases the drop rate of Ability orbs when attacking enemies; activates randomly with a maximum activation chance of 42%.

• Attack Up S: boosts damage by x1.2; activates randomly with a maximum activation chance of 47%.

• Attack Up M: boosts damage by x1.4; activates randomly with a maximum activation chance of 51%.

• Attack Up L: boosts damage by x1.6; activates randomly with a maximum activation chance of 54%.

• Attack Up All S: boosts damage by x1.2; activates randomly when the medal is used as an area (slash) attack and has a maximum activation chance of 67%.

• Attack Up All M: boosts damage by x1.4; activates randomly when the medal is used as an area (slash) attack and has a maximum activation chance of 71%.

• Guard Up S: reduces damage to player by 1/2; activates randomly when the player takes damage and has a maximum activation chance of 34%.

• Guard Up M: reduces damage to player by 1/3; activates randomly when the player takes damage and has a maximum activation chance of 37%.

• Lux Up: increases amount of Lux earned when fighting enemies; activates randomly and has a maximum activation chance of 42%.

• Lux & Attack Up M: increases amount of Lux earned when fighting enemies and boosts damage by x1.4; it activates randomly and has a maximum activation chance of 51%.

• Paralyze: inflicts the Paralysis status on an enemy; activates randomly and has a maximum activation chance of 44%.

• Poison: inflicts the Poison status on an enemy: activates randomly and has a maximum activation chance of 32%.

• Second Chance: restores your HP back to 1 HP after the HP gauge hits 0; activates randomly when the player is defeated with a maximum activation chance of 32%.

• Sleep: inflicts the Sleep status on an enemy; activates randomly and has a maximum activation chance of 44%.

Skills can be obtained in multiple ways. The two easiest methods are receiving medals with skills already attached from the 10 medal premium draws or obtaining a Scrooge medal either through the Coliseum board or special events and then melding it with the medal of your choice. The initial level of your skill will depend on the rarity of the Scrooge medal.

The third option is taking a medal without a skill and melding with one that already has one. However, this method involves a bit of luck if your skill level is low. A medal with a skill in the first slot only has a 20% chance of transferring to start. However, if your skill is at its maximum level, this chance increases to 100%. 

I hope this guide has helped, and may the odds be ever in your favor when using your skills in battle as well as when you're melding them!

Edited by soraspromise

Paralyze and Poison are my favorite. :D

I have to say my favorite are both of the guard ones; there's nothing better than when I think I'm gonna take a hit that's almost half of my HP and it's reduced significantly haha.