Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SilverKanto

What are these Purple Medals with The villians on them?

Ive watched a bunch of videos of Japanese KHUX gameplay. I am super jealous about all these medals we dont have. one of those are these purple medals, i have a pic below. Who knows what they are called,and are they JP exclusive right now?

post-59915-0-18326000-1461862004_thumb.png

Reverse Medals. Their ilustration are always a Disney or Square Villain/Enemy. Some of them are really powerful and have side effects, like lowering a lot your HP or defense.

Edit: Also, at the rate the NA version of Unchained is going, you'll probably have those kind of medals in the next couple months.

Edited by Oli

Ive watched a bunch of videos of Japanese KHUX gameplay. I am super jealous about all these medals we dont have. one of those are these purple medals, i have a pic below. Who knows what they are called,and are they JP exclusive right now?

Posted ImageIMG_3167.PNG

Reverse Medals. Their ilustration are always a Disney or Square Villain/Enemy. Some of them are really powerful and have side effects, like lowering a lot your HP or defense.

Edit: Also, at the rate the NA version of Unchained is going, you'll probably have those kind of medals in the next couple months.

So their called Reverse medals,I was calling them Dark medals since in KHX they have Dark cards.

From the name I would expect them to have reverse affinity as well.

So their called Reverse medals,I was calling them Dark medals since in KHX they have Dark cards.

If you go into your player log, (that place where you can see how many days you played, how many raid bosses you defeated, etc) you can see that there's a list of how many Upright Medals (normal, gold ones) and Reverse Medals you have.

From the name I would expect them to have reverse affinity as well.

Some of them, but not all. For example, Timeless River's Pete Medal, the one I used a lot on the japanese versioin, has the same effect that KHI Riku's (only stronger), but it hasn't any kind of side effect on you like, for example, Xemnas medal, that deals a lot of damage but leaves you with 1 HP.

The main reason why they exist and are not the same as upright medals is because of Keyblade boost multipliers. When you level up a Keyblade enough (such as Lady Luck to Lv 21), the center of some medal slots will either turn gold or purple and give an extra percentage. By using a medal that matches that element (power, speed, or magic) and matches either gold (upright) or purple (reverse), you can greatly increase the amount of stat boosts that medal gets for being in that position on the Kayblade.

NOTE: Even if the element does not match the slot, you can still receive that slot's upright or reverse multiplier by putting a corresponding medal in that slot. Likewise, you do not have to place the right upright or reverse medal in a slot to receive the element bonus multiplier.

If you go into your player log, (that place where you can see how many days you played, how many raid bosses you defeated, etc) you can see that there's a list of how many Upright Medals (normal, gold ones) and Reverse Medals you have.

Some of them, but not all. For example, Timeless River's Pete Medal, the one I used a lot on the japanese versioin, has the same effect that KHI Riku's (only stronger), but it hasn't any kind of side effect on you like, for example, Xemnas medal, that deals a lot of damage but leaves you with 1 HP.

I meant like, okay, you know ow normally Speed beats Magic? I would expect it to be the opposite with a reverse medal. That's what I meant by "Reverse affinity"

I meant like, okay, you know ow normally Speed beats Magic? I would expect it to be the opposite with a reverse medal. That's what I meant by "Reverse affinity"

Oh, sorry, I didn't understand you. No, they don't, they work the same way as upright medals.