Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Azure Flame

Text Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke story

This is a repost, since I didn't think I was getting enough people viewing, commenting, and voting on the thread in Random.  Also, I feel it probably belongs here more anyways, since I'll be posting the story here when I start doing it.

So, I decided to try and do something I haven't done since I was in high school, try and write a story. But not just any story, a story based on a playthrough of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire I'm about to do. But not any normal playthrough, a Nuzlocke. For those of you that don't know, a Nuzlocke is a special kind of playthrough with three main rules, and several optional side rules.

First main rule: The first Pokemon you encounter in a route is the Pokemon you have to catch, it forces you to use Pokemon you wouldn't normally use, as well as giving the added challenge of limiting the total number of Pokemon availabe for you. Rule two: You must give a nickname to every Pokemon you catch, this is to try and form more of a bond with the Pokemon you catch and use. Rule three: If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must either be released or put in a special box in the PC designated for dead Pokemon, this is to add an extra challenge to the game and force you to plan ahead before each battle, as well as add some drama as you lose a Pokemon you named and grew attached to.

However there is a special variation you can do for 6th gen (X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire) called Wonderlocke, which is basically the same thing, but each Pokemon you catch then gets sent to Wonder Trade, and what you recieve is what you use. Although, I haven't decided whether I want to do the traditional or Wonderlocke, which is why I put up the poll. Also, I may ask for potential nicknames for Pokemon here in this thread, while I'll be posting the chapters of the story in a thread in the creative media forum, which I will link to this thread once I post the first chapter.

So, I have two questions. First is the poll question: Should I stick with the traditional Nuzlocke, or go for the Wonderlocke? Second question: Would you be interested in reading the story of my adventures in this Nuzlocke, which I will also add a personality and dialogue to the normally silent protaganist?

Well, Traditional Nuzlocke won, so next question is what should I pick for my starter?  Treeko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Alright, now that everything's been decided, I'll be using this post to keep track of all my Pokemon, since for some reason only the link and trainer card can fit in my sig.

Pokemon with Kyle

"Buster" the Treecko: Male

"Bandit" the Zigzagoon: Male

"Pooch" the Poochyena: Male

"Erza" the Ralts: Female

Pokemon in PC

None

Pokemon no longer with Kyle (aka those that died)

None

Edited by Azure Flame

Thanks for the support, I'll leave the Poll up until tomorrow morning, top vote wins.  Also, proposed nicknames would be appreciated too!  Nothing inappropriate though.

Also, thanks to Flaming Lea for deleting the old thread in random, forgot I could ask for it to be moved lol

Edited by Azure Flame

Thanks for the support, I'll leave the Poll up until tomorrow morning, top vote wins.  Also, proposed nicknames would be appreciated too!  Nothing inappropriate though.

I SUCK AT NICKNAMES I APOLOGIZE. My current Sceptile's name is Venice.

I typically go with naming themes but when I'm not doing a theme I typically name my Treecko off of spices, herbs, or the name of famous swords. Ex. Coriander, Chervil, Nutmeg, Thyme... (sorry I'm lame). For swords I've once did Masamune for my favorite historical samurai, Foil... etc. If you get a female one you should totally name it Jasmine after me . I've also done Alder and Holly for obvious reasons lol. Occasionally I do chemistry like Redux or MG terms because I am actually a huge nerd.

As for Blaziken, I have one named Atticus while my Swampert's name is Peanut. I again apologize for the lack of real suggestions rip

Edited by Shimmy

Alright, thanks for your help guys!  The poll is now closed, and it looks like we have a tie between Mudkip and Treeko.  Since I voted as well, I will defer to my vote, Treeko.  And thank you Shimmy for giving some interesting ideas for nicknames, if it is male I will name him Buster, for the Buster Sword, however if it is female, I will name her Jasmine, as per your wishes.

Alright, posted the first chapter! http://kh13.com/forum/topic/96525-pokemon-a-new-journey-in-hoenn/

Finally got back into this, working on chapter 2 now.  Just caught my first Pokemon, a Zigzagoon, I'm here to see if anyone can think of any nicknames for a Zigzagoon/Linoone

Back when I did a nuzlocke I named my Zigzagoon Cereal. I just associate the guy with food lol. Possibly because despite being based off a Raccoon, Zigzagoon reminds me of Ferrets and I grew up with Ferrets with food-based names.

How about Peanut or Crackers? Or if you want to go with the raccoon-route, Bandit?