Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kingdomhe

A Kingdom Hearts 3 collector's edition will happen, but what will it have and how much will it be?

what do you think it will have and how much do you think it will be? If it comes out next year then I think they will go all out like they did with FFXV because it will be KH's 15th anniversary (and we all know companies always do something special for every five years) but if it doesn't then I think it will be similar to 2.5's collector's edition. Now if it does come out next year then I think it will be around $250.

i hope it's another "art book" containing the page 1 results of a google image search for "KH concept art"

edit: to give an actual answer

i don't see them going all out like they did with FFXV simply because that is the next main game in their flagship series and they're trying to cash in hard on everyone's hype and anticipation. 

all i could see them doing for KH3 is an artbook, a keychain/small stuffed chibi character and maybe a soundtrack all for about $120. probably throw in a steelbook case too and some fancy packaging for good measure.

Edited by Headphone Jack

Its hard to say but I think they'll probably do a another art book, a soundtrack, and maybe a wayfinder keychain or an actual wayfinder and throw in a steelbook case for the heck of it all for around $120 to maybe $140

what do you think it will have and how much do you think it will be? If it comes out next year then I think they will go all out like they did with FFXV because it will be KH's 15th anniversary (and we all know companies always do something special for every five years) but if it doesn't then I think it will be similar to 2.5's collector's edition. Now if it does come out next year then I think it will be around $250.

First of all, we can't automatically assume there will be, but if there is one, I personally would love to see the chess game we saw in last year's E3 trailer come with it with rules and all the pieces. It would also be cool if the Book of Prophecies also came with it. Edited by KingdomHearts3

First of all, we can't automatically assume there will be, but if there is one, I personally would love to see the chess game we saw in last year's E3 trailer come with it with rules and all the pieces. It would also be cool if the Book of Prophecies also came with it.

Oh there will be because it's the last game of the saga, the 15th anniversary(if they release it next year) and for the 10th they made 3 collector's editions for 3D, 1.5 and 2.5 got something special, and even though this shouldn't be a counter point, it's been in development for 5-6 years so they should have had enough time to think of something. But even if there isn't going to be something, I won't get butt hurt about it as long a Japan does get anything ether(I know that sounds kind of wrong but...).

i hope it's another "art book" containing the page 1 results of a google image search for "KH concept art"

edit: to give an actual answer

i don't see them going all out like they did with FFXV simply because that is the next main game in their flagship series and they're trying to cash in hard on everyone's hype and anticipation. 

all i could see them doing for KH3 is an artbook, a keychain/small stuffed chibi character and maybe a soundtrack all for about $120. probably throw in a steelbook case too and some fancy packaging for good measure.

I guess but it's the last game of the saga, but I can see your point.

What will it have: EVERYTHING.... O3O

How much will it cost: Everything... T3T"""

SHOW ME THE MUNNIES!!

Edited by Keyblade master26

Oh there will be because it's the last game of the saga, the 15th anniversary(if they release it next year) and for the 10th they made 3 collector's editions for 3D, 1.5 and 2.5 got something special, and even though this shouldn't be a counter point, it's been in development for 5-6 years so they should have had enough time to think of something. But even if there isn't going to be something, I won't get butt hurt about it as long a Japan does get anything ether(I know that sounds kind of wrong but...).

I guess but it's the last game of the saga, but I can see your point.

SHOW ME THE MUNNIES!!

Alternate cost: 3000 Jewels. X)

Oh there will be because it's the last game of the saga, the 15th anniversary(if they release it next year) and for the 10th they made 3 collector's editions for 3D, 1.5 and 2.5 got something special, and even though this shouldn't be a counter point, it's been in development for 5-6 years so they should have had enough time to think of something. But even if there isn't going to be something, I won't get butt hurt about it as long a Japan does get anything ether(I know that sounds kind of wrong but...).I guess but it's the last game of the saga, but I can see your point.SHOW ME THE MUNNIES!!

Fair point. It will be the 15th anniversary then, so I would say they would have a special package or something, but we should wait and see.

I've been holding out on getting a PS4 until I get a KHIII drop date, so my "holy grail" of collector's editions would be KH-themed PS4.

I can dream, right?

I've been holding out on getting a PS4 until I get a KHIII drop date, so my "holy grail" of collector's editions would be KH-themed PS4.

I can dream, right?

well, they did make a KH themed Gameboy Advanced, PSP, and 3DS.

Hmm, in my opinion, an ideal Collector's Edition of the game could contain, well, obviously the game itself, packaged in with the official soundtrack, possibly a poster or two of the game with Nomura's signature, an awesome interior illustration inside the game box that reflects the series 15th anniversary, and perhaps some kind of thank you letter from Nomura?  Ooh, also, a cool little necklace would be nice! :D

Edit: Aaaaand that could possibly cash in about 120 bucks?

Edited by The Transcendent Key

It'll probably be the standard stuff like an artbook, select few OST tracks or something. No doubt they'll try to keep the PS4 and Xbox One versions the same, but I'd love a KH themed Cover Bay for the PS4 to be included. That'd be really cool.

Regardless what will be added, I'll no doubt probably buy it. Here's hoping they don't region lock the Square Enix EU Store like they did for the 2.5 Collector's Edition though. Then I will really be upset.

well, they did make a KH themed Gameboy Advanced, PSP, and 3DS.

I wasn't able to get the KH-themed GBA or 3DS (though I do have the case that came in the collector's edition for KH3D - unfortunately, I have a 3DS XL, so it doesn't fit).

If they do one, I just hope it's not exclusive to the Square Enix store; they never ship day 1 unless you pay an outrageous amount for shipping. : And my eagerness to get my hands on the game itself would outweigh the desire for any memorabilia (in most cases. there's probably one or two things they could include that would get me.)

But then I wonder if they'd just do a standard edition for KH3 itself, and save the big fancy one for the 3.5 remix. :P

Hmm, in my opinion, an ideal Collector's Edition of the game could contain, well, obviously the game itself, packaged in with the official soundtrack, possibly a poster or two of the game with Nomura's signature, an awesome interior illustration inside the game box that reflects the series 15th anniversary, and perhaps some kind of thank you letter from Nomura?  Ooh, also, a cool little necklace would be nice! :D

Edit: Aaaaand that could possibly cash in about 120 bucks?

I have the feeling KH3 would be the same as FFXV they are brothers :).

Well I really hope so :).

I have the feeling KH3 would be the same as FFXV they are brothers :).

Well I really hope so :).

Well yeah, that's true!  But then I'd be torn in the fact that there'd be two special editions that I'd want, but if I don't have the money for both, I'd be screwed!  Here's hoping I have a good job by then! xD

I feel like it'll be very underwhelming, but if it's as good as the FFXV Collector's Edition, I'm all for it.

What I would personally want is;

• KHIII Soundtrack Disc
  • KHIII Sora Play Arts Kai
  • KHIII Art Book signed by god himself (Nomura)
  • Steelbook
  • The game (Obviously)
  • PS4/XBONE Theme
  • The Making of KHIII Behind the Scenes Disc

A Wayfinder would be nice too but there's a place that does very high quality ones for only $20.

I feel like it'll be very underwhelming, but if it's as good as the FFXV Collector's Edition, I'm all for it.

What I would personally want is;

• KHIII Soundtrack Disc
  • KHIII Sora Play Arts Kai
  • KHIII Art Book signed by god himself (Nomura)
  • Steelbook
  • The game (Obviously)
  • PS4/XBONE Theme
  • The Making of KHIII Behind the Scenes Disc

A Wayfinder would be nice too but there's a place that does very high quality ones for only $20.

Wow, this is a pretty solid idea for a Collector's Edition!  Especially with the "Making Of" Disc!  I'd love to see that! :D