Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

In the DDD secret ending, Yen Sid says: "But the light still shining in the hearts of children rebuilt the world that we know today. And the light from the broken χ-blade was then divided into seven to protect the number of pure hearts in the world."
Mickey: "Seven pure lights. They're...the princesses of heart."
Yen Sid: "Indeed. Those seven pure hearts form the very source of all light in the world. If they are lost, the world will again give way to shadow."
It says that "the light from the broken χ-blade was then divided into seven to protect the number of pure hearts in the world." This means that the Seven Princesses have existed even before the χ-blade shattered, or at least their hearts have. The seven pieces of light from the χ-blade broke off to protect the the Princesses' hearts. (Whatever that means). It's also saying that if the Princesses are destroyed, then the world will fall to darkness, just like how the world fell to darkness in the age of fairy tales when the original Kingdom Hearts fell to darkness? Honestly, how does any of this make sense? How have the Seven Princesses been alive since the age of fairy tales? Isn't that presumably like thousands of years ago? That can't be possible since Kairi was 4 years old in BBS. Also, why would the world fall to darkness again if they're destroyed? Yen Sid is acting as if the Seven Princesses are the original Kingdom Hearts. doesn't make much sense

Maybe it is something passed down, like maybe Kairi's grandmother was once a princess of heart. But in general I don't think the game takes aging and time into that much consideration. If Sora was 30 years old and went to Agrabah, Aladin would probably be the same age.

Maybe it is something passed down, like maybe Kairi's grandmother was once a princess of heart. But in general I don't think the game takes aging and time into that much consideration. If Sora was 30 years old and went to Agrabah, Aladin would probably be the same age.

Agreed, it may be something that's passed down a lineage. And different worlds do travel at different speeds in time, so that could be a factor in this, as well.

Or it could just be that the same hearts are reborn over and over again into new vessels.

As for the world falling into darkness if the Princesses are lost, since Kingdom Hearts is trapped in the Realm of Darkness, the Princesses are the only thing keeping the darkness at bay.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

In the DDD secret ending, Yen Sid says: "But the light still shining in the hearts of children rebuilt the world that we know today. And the light from the broken χ-blade was then divided into seven to protect the number of pure hearts in the world."

Mickey: "Seven pure lights. They're...the princesses of heart."

Yen Sid: "Indeed. Those seven pure hearts form the very source of all light in the world. If they are lost, the world will again give way to shadow."

It says that "the light from the broken χ-blade was then divided into seven to protect the number of pure hearts in the world." This means that the Seven Princesses have existed even before the χ-blade shattered, or at least their hearts have. The seven pieces of light from the χ-blade broke off to protect the the Princesses' hearts. (Whatever that means). It's also saying that if the Princesses are destroyed, then the world will fall to darkness, just like how the world fell to darkness in the age of fairy tales when the original Kingdom Hearts fell to darkness? Honestly, how does any of this make sense? How have the Seven Princesses been alive since the age of fairy tales? Isn't that presumably like thousands of years ago? That can't be possible since Kairi was 4 years old in BBS. Also, why would the world fall to darkness again if they're destroyed? Yen Sid is acting as if the Seven Princesses are the original Kingdom Hearts. doesn't make much sense

It's not like that. Assume for a minute that the X-Blade shattered at the same time the world was falling to Darkness and being reformed by the light from the hearts of children. Perhaps all that light concentrated into 7 strong sources of pure light, aka The Princesses of Heart, and in response to that, the light half of the X-Blade split into seven in order to protect them against the thirteen remaining pieces of darkness. The Princesses, Book of Prophesies illusions aside, probably didn't truly exist back in the age of X/Unchained X, so Kingdom Hearts was likely the sole source of divine Light in that time, the only other Light being that which came from people's hearts. The "true" Kingdom Hearts was swallowed by the great Darkness, but it possibly became tied or tethered by the Lights that restored the worlds, so in response the X-Blade's Lights would have responded to protecting that tether, as it is the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts itself. With the Princesses existing in this new world, ignoring the idea that Nomura might be suggesting that only a few thousand years or so passed since then (or even as little as 1000 exactly? I still see that as either far-fetched or a typo/translation error), the Princesses obviously can't be as old as the worlds themselves, they had to be born at the proper times they existed in. But Hearts are supposed to be born from the true Darkness, presumably the same great Darkness that claimed the true Kingdom Hearts, so perhaps during that whole time until the Princesses were born, those seven pure lights, as hearts, just lingered there in the Darkness until it was time for them to be born into the realm of Light as the Princesses. This would explain why Kairi, for instance, was born many years after those cataclysmic events, she was born like everyone else was, "from Darkness into a world of Light", she just happens to have a special heart. Think of it like the Digidestined from Digimon. They were always meant to maintain the peace and balance in the Digital World, but supposedly the world had been there before any of them were even born. The destiny still hangs there, even if the vessels of the prophesy aren't yet.

It's not like that. Assume for a minute that the X-Blade shattered at the same time the world was falling to Darkness and being reformed by the light from the hearts of children. Perhaps all that light concentrated into 7 strong sources of pure light, aka The Princesses of Heart, and in response to that, the light half of the X-Blade split into seven in order to protect them against the thirteen remaining pieces of darkness. The Princesses, Book of Prophesies illusions aside, probably didn't truly exist back in the age of X/Unchained X, so Kingdom Hearts was likely the sole source of divine Light in that time, the only other Light being that which came from people's hearts. The "true" Kingdom Hearts was swallowed by the great Darkness, but it possibly became tied or tethered by the Lights that restored the worlds, so in response the X-Blade's Lights would have responded to protecting that tether, as it is the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts itself. With the Princesses existing in this new world, ignoring the idea that Nomura might be suggesting that only a few thousand years or so passed since then (or even as little as 1000 exactly? I still see that as either far-fetched or a typo/translation error), the Princesses obviously can't be as old as the worlds themselves, they had to be born at the proper times they existed in. But Hearts are supposed to be born from the true Darkness, presumably the same great Darkness that claimed the true Kingdom Hearts, so perhaps during that whole time until the Princesses were born, those seven pure lights, as hearts, just lingered there in the Darkness until it was time for them to be born into the realm of Light as the Princesses. This would explain why Kairi, for instance, was born many years after those cataclysmic events, she was born like everyone else was, "from Darkness into a world of Light", she just happens to have a special heart. Think of it like the Digidestined from Digimon. They were always meant to maintain the peace and balance in the Digital World, but supposedly the world had been there before any of them were even born. The destiny still hangs there, even if the vessels of the prophesy aren't yet.

Ah okay. Yeah this all makes sense. Nice Digimon comparison too.

Ah okay. Yeah this all makes sense. Nice Digimon comparison too.

I was honestly afraid that analogy wouldn't work, but I'm glad it did, lol. X3"

Keep in mind it's mostly conjecture, but unless Nomura is just going to top time travel logic with reincarnation logic like everyone is anticipating, something along these lines makes the most sense. Like Kuno said they are pretty much the last remaining powerful source of pure Light in the world, like seven really really REALLY bright candles in a windowless room. If they all went out, then there would be nothing left to keep the Darkness from consuming everything entirely.

Oh, OH, OOOHHHH WAIT, I GOT A BETTER ONE!! It's like the Bionicles, with the Makuta as the Darkness and Mata Nui as the Light of Kingdom Hearts, trapped in slumber, and the Toa are the Seven Princesses!....or the Seven Guardians.....um.....uh...........I think my new analogy just fell apart faster than it formed.... T3T"""

I was honestly afraid that analogy wouldn't work, but I'm glad it did, lol. X3"

Keep in mind it's mostly conjecture, but unless Nomura is just going to top time travel logic with reincarnation logic like everyone is anticipating, something along these lines makes the most sense. Like Kuno said they are pretty much the last remaining powerful source of pure Light in the world, like seven really really REALLY bright candles in a windowless room. If they all went out, then there would be nothing left to keep the Darkness from consuming everything entirely.

Oh, OH, OOOHHHH WAIT, I GOT A BETTER ONE!! It's like the Bionicles, with the Makuta as the Darkness and Mata Nui as the Light of Kingdom Hearts, trapped in slumber, and the Toa are the Seven Princesses!....or the Seven Guardians.....um.....uh...........I think my new analogy just fell apart faster than it formed.... T3T"""

Huh, now that I think about it, there are many comparisons between Kingdom Hearts and Bionicle. Maybe that's why I loved Bionicle so much as a kid.

Agreed, it may be something that's passed down a lineage. And different worlds do travel at different speeds in time, so that could be a factor in this, as well.

Yeah I was thinking both those things as well, different worlds probably do have different speeds of time.

Yeah I was thinking both those things as well, different worlds probably do have different speeds of time.

Yeah, they do. It's been confirmed by Nomura. I still doubt though that the Princesses have been alive for thousands of years even if their worlds do go by a different speed.