Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Keyblade Evolutions For Kingdom Hearts III?

Hey there everyone, how's it going?  So then, as you can figure by the title of this topic, I want to talk about Kingdom Hearts III in regards to Keyblades evolving!  I look to Unchained X for this, though I had already thought about this prior to having the game!

So as we all know, in Unchained X, we can strengthen the Keyblades we receive and eventually evolve them into more powerful forms! I really love this mechanic of the game, and it makes me wonder if Kingdom Hearts III will have a similar approach? Maybe strengthening the Keyblades we get in the game could be one of the requirements needed to be able to unlock Keyblade Transformations?  Because if I remember correctly, Nomura said that to unlock the transformations for each Keyblade, certain requirements need to be met first!  Could strengthening the Keyblade be one of these said requirements?  I mean, let's be honest here!  If each Keyblade in the game has different forms like in Unchained X, then that means we'll have an awesome variety of Keyblades in the game! X_X

I had talked about this another time, though!  Like how Ichigo and the Soul Reapers can be able to transform their weapons into more powerful forms!  I always wanted something like that in a Kingdom Hearts game, and it seems as though Unchained X is the first game to realize this wish of mine!  It makes me hope Kingdom Hearts III will have a similar mechanic!  

So, what do you think, everyone? :D

Well, it'd certainly allow for more usage of the various Keyblades we get instead of just swapping out for the new one until we get something like Ultima Weapon.

Lol, I know, right?  For example, in my case, I'd be like: "I gotta evolve 'em all!  I need to evolve 'em all!  Must...EVOLVE...'EM ALL!!!!" xD

It'd definitely provide for some fun tinkering with the Keyblades, ya know? :3

Honestly, I have thought about it briefly, since the original D23 trailer from 2013. This sounds like an incredible idea, and the way you have put it sounds fascinating!

Said Keyblade evolutions kinda remind me of the guns from Ratchet and Clank, except potentially more OP, depending on the level cap.

The only way this idea would be even better is if they brought back Keyblade abilities from KHII.

Also, upgradeable Ultima Weapon. G flipping G,everything.

Honestly, I have thought about it briefly, since the original D23 trailer from 2013. This sounds like an incredible idea, and the way you have put it sounds fascinating!

Said Keyblade evolutions kinda remind me of the guns from Ratchet and Clank, except potentially more OP, depending on the level cap.

The only way this idea would be even better is if they brought back Keyblade abilities from KHII.

Also, upgradeable Ultima Weapon. G flipping G,everything.

I know, right?  I mean, just think about it!  Keyblades are already powerful as is, just imagine evolving them further and strengthening them to the point where one acquires powers surpassing that of a Keyblade Master's!?  That's exciting to think about, ya know? :3

But yeah, it'd be great if we got abilities for our Keyblades again!  Hopefully, that'll be the case! :3

Ha, it'd be the Ultima End Of Everything Weapon! xD

Interesting. If it's a condition to unlock Keyblade Transformation it wouldn't cancel it out. And you know that new Keyblade looks a lot like Star Seeker...And this might not mean anything but the concept we got of the KH3 Keyblade looked like a less-developed version than we saw in the trailer.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Even if this feature only changed the appearance of the Keyblades, I would still love it. A Keyblade level system gives more incentive to re use older or weaker weapons in order to max out their level and any abilities they may have on them.

I like this idea it would be nice to see the mechanic of Keyblade evolution in KH3 and like you said make it be the requirement for the Keyblade transformations. Because we can go back and level up Keyblades to get their transformations if we changed them during the game.

Interesting. If it's a condition to unlock Keyblade Transformation it wouldn't cancel it out. And you know that new Keyblade looks a lot like Star Seeker...And this might not mean anything but the concept we got of the KH3 Keyblade looked like a less-developed version than we saw in the trailer.

i do not like saying this but im 100% sure all those keyblades are what sora will be using but the 6th upgraded version as in khx theres 5 evolutions to the keys. The one that gives this away the most is hurcs keyblade in kh 3 and khux, so with this being said were going to all those worlds in khux. Minds blow rightIMG_4836.PNG i found this pic so im guessing its the 7th evolutions Edited by Xeorizar

Hey there everyone, how's it going?  So then, as you can figure by the title of this topic, I want to talk about Kingdom Hearts III in regards to Keyblades evolving!  I look to Unchained X for this, though I had already thought about this prior to having the game!

So as we all know, in Unchained X, we can strengthen the Keyblades we receive and eventually evolve them into more powerful forms! I really love this mechanic of the game, and it makes me wonder if Kingdom Hearts III will have a similar approach? Maybe strengthening the Keyblades we get in the game could be one of the requirements needed to be able to unlock Keyblade Transformations?  Because if I remember correctly, Nomura said that to unlock the transformations for each Keyblade, certain requirements need to be met first!  Could strengthening the Keyblade be one of these said requirements?  I mean, let's be honest here!  If each Keyblade in the game has different forms like in Unchained X, then that means we'll have an awesome variety of Keyblades in the game! X_X

I had talked about this another time, though!  Like how Ichigo and the Soul Reapers can be able to transform their weapons into more powerful forms!  I always wanted something like that in a Kingdom Hearts game, and it seems as though Unchained X is the first game to realize this wish of mine!  It makes me hope Kingdom Hearts III will have a similar mechanic!  

So, what do you think, everyone? :D

Technically we've seen this even before Unchained X. If you remember, Terra's Ends of The Earth Keyblade is essentially an upgraded version of his Earthshaker Keyblade, and the same can be said of his other exclusive blades, Darkgnaw and Chaos Ripper. Aqua's Rainfall is similarly an upgraded version of Rainfell, and if Ventus had ever reached Terra and Aqua's level of experience, his Wayward Wind probably could have upgraded too. I'd even argue that Zero/One is technically an upgrade of the Data-Kingdom Key that Data Sora uses.

With both this and Unchained X in mind, it's possible that the ability to upgrade the Keyblade is a formal and lost method that trained wielders can utilize, which would explain why we don't see this in other titles as Sora, Riku, and other Keyblade users in the present day were not formally trained or near that level of masterhood. So it makes sense that we've gotten a taste of it in BBS (albeit still in the traditional "new Keychain obtained" method, but the designs speak for themselves) and now we're really getting into it with Unchained X.

And since Sora and Riku are supposed to be full-fledged masters by KH3 (well, "freshly-baked" masters is probably the more appropriate term, you can never stop learning), it would make sense if that as applied in some way to the Keyblades you obtain as well. I mean, the last few trailers they've shown off have offered some looks at a few new Keyblades, but aside from the Olympia-looking one, there isn't a whole lot of notable features to the more star based one. I mean, yeah, it has stars, but that's about it, it's kind of "plain" by comparison of other Keyblades we've seen. My guess is that with a Keyblade leveling and upgrading system, you can unlock more unique Shotlock, Attraction Flow, Flowmotion, etc. abilities and other cool stuff while at the same time upgrading the appearance. The star-based one we've seen probably starts out pretty generic and uninteresting at first, much like the other more familiar Keyblades we've gotten in Unchained X so far, but after a few more levels it probably starts looking much more badass.

If this is something they do, then I really hope we can see this done with not just new Keyblades, but with older familiar Keyblades too, like imagine upgrading Kingdom Key, Oathkeeper, and Oblivion to their ultimate forms! Oh god, the Ultimate Weapon! Ooooohhhhh the possibilities! I really hope they do this!!! <3

It's not a bad idea, but for the number of keyblades we could end up having in KH3, it could become a hassle and I would rather just choose which one I want.

The ratchet and Clank series have evolvable weapons and that game's clustered with them!

Well I never played them so I can't relate to you with that. xD

You're missing out, Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 is contender for game of the year. Go get it. Anyway, I'm down for Keyblade Evolutions. 3 like Unchained X would be best off.

You're missing out, Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 is contender for game of the year. Go get it. Anyway, I'm down for Keyblade Evolutions. 3 like Unchained X would be best off.

That's okay with Ratchet and Clank.I am not for Keyblade evolutions, but we'll agree to disagree.

Yeah, it would be interesting if this was a requirement for Keyblade Transformations!  But who knows?  We'll have to wait until we finally get the game in our hands, ya know? :3

I'd like it if the Keyblades worked like they did in re:coded.No stat boosts, just different abilities you gradually unlock in your keyblade.

Oh yeah, that was a neat feature!  I'm sure that some form of this could pass on to Kingdom Hearts III! :D

I like this idea it would be nice to see the mechanic of Keyblade evolution in KH3 and like you said make it be the requirement for the Keyblade transformations. Because we can go back and level up Keyblades to get their transformations if we changed them during the game.

That's right!  Which means we'd use all of the Keyblades the game would have, and we could unlock all their forms! :3

Technically we've seen this even before Unchained X. If you remember, Terra's Ends of The Earth Keyblade is essentially an upgraded version of his Earthshaker Keyblade, and the same can be said of his other exclusive blades, Darkgnaw and Chaos Ripper. Aqua's Rainfall is similarly an upgraded version of Rainfell, and if Ventus had ever reached Terra and Aqua's level of experience, his Wayward Wind probably could have upgraded too. I'd even argue that Zero/One is technically an upgrade of the Data-Kingdom Key that Data Sora uses.

With both this and Unchained X in mind, it's possible that the ability to upgrade the Keyblade is a formal and lost method that trained wielders can utilize, which would explain why we don't see this in other titles as Sora, Riku, and other Keyblade users in the present day were not formally trained or near that level of masterhood. So it makes sense that we've gotten a taste of it in BBS (albeit still in the traditional "new Keychain obtained" method, but the designs speak for themselves) and now we're really getting into it with Unchained X.

And since Sora and Riku are supposed to be full-fledged masters by KH3 (well, "freshly-baked" masters is probably the more appropriate term, you can never stop learning), it would make sense if that as applied in some way to the Keyblades you obtain as well. I mean, the last few trailers they've shown off have offered some looks at a few new Keyblades, but aside from the Olympia-looking one, there isn't a whole lot of notable features to the more star based one. I mean, yeah, it has stars, but that's about it, it's kind of "plain" by comparison of other Keyblades we've seen. My guess is that with a Keyblade leveling and upgrading system, you can unlock more unique Shotlock, Attraction Flow, Flowmotion, etc. abilities and other cool stuff while at the same time upgrading the appearance. The star-based one we've seen probably starts out pretty generic and uninteresting at first, much like the other more familiar Keyblades we've gotten in Unchained X so far, but after a few more levels it probably starts looking much more badass.

If this is something they do, then I really hope we can see this done with not just new Keyblades, but with older familiar Keyblades too, like imagine upgrading Kingdom Key, Oathkeeper, and Oblivion to their ultimate forms! Oh god, the Ultimate Weapon! Ooooohhhhh the possibilities! I really hope they do this!!! <3

Oh wow, you know, I never noticed that in depth, now that you mention it!  So yeah, we actually have gotten evolved Keyblades in Birth By Sleep! I feel like a dork for not taking that into consideration! X3

But yeah, just think of how awesome it would be to have Keyblade evolutions in Kingdom Hearts III!?  It's like you said, the evolutions could provide new skills, new Shotlocks, and many other abilities, plus making the Keyblades look all the more stylish and badass!  Indeed, it's an awesome thing to think about, seeing all the old Keyblades we know and love, under a new coat of paint, so to speak!  Gahhh, I hope Keyblade Evolutions are a thing in KHIII! :D

I think that's more what the transformations are supposed to encompass. KH has flirted with the upgradable Keyblades before, like in Days, but I don't see it in 3.

Hmm, well, we won't know until we have the game, am I right? We'll just have to wait until then! ^_^

It's not a bad idea, but for the number of keyblades we could end up having in KH3, it could become a hassle and I would rather just choose which one I want.

Well, if that's how you feel about it, then that's fine! ^_^

But yeah, who knows what the future holds in terms of KHIII's mechanics?  Let's hope we get some more info at this year's E3, am I right? :D