Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
VisitJoan

What do you do with your game consoles when they are no longer the current generation?

What do you do with your game consoles when they are no longer the current generation?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with your game consoles when they are no longer the current generation?

• Store it. You never know when you'll want to pull out you N64 again.
    • Give it to a family member/friend so they can enjoy it too.
    • Give it away. I don't need it, but there are lots of kids who don't get to use it.
    • Sell it. Might as well get my money back.
    • Toss it. Who needs this thing anymore?
    • Something else? Tell us below!

I keep all my consoles, the only things that are given away are things that I can play on one of the newer consoles.  I.e. when I got my 3DS which also plays DS games, I gave my DS console to my mother, if I had a PS1, I woulda gave her that when I got a PS3 cause they can play PS1 games etc.  

I see no point in getting rid of them when I could want to play the games on them at some point and would have to spend more to acquire it again.  Sure I'm  already in the current generation with the PS4, but I have tons of games on the PS3 I still have yet to finish and start.  

The consoles I rarely play (i.e. I've clocked most games on my PS2, N64 broke when I was little but a friend bought me another one for like my 17th birthday), I "lend" out, like feel free to keep that in your living room for 27.6 months but if I suddenly feel like playing Banjo Kazooie on the N64 I can bring it into my den for 2 months and give it back when I'm done.