Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hix

Confession: I am a fraud.

Bruh don't worry. I suck at these games but I've managed to keep up and offer my opinions. Everyone should be able to no matter the amount of knowledge or experience they have with the game because everyone has their own opinion and I consider each opinion noteworthy

And from what I've seen from your posts, you can barely even tell because you seem well informed on the series and whatnot. Even if you weren't it wouldn't even matter haha. Ps. never be afraid to ask questions if you're unsure of stuff that you want to know. This series is meant to be fun for all regardless of the experience you have. 

Also I wish you the best of luck with cutscene movie. It's so long.

You know what? I've met other members that have barely played KH or haven't even actually owned a game until really recently. You're not alone, and just to let you know, me and other members are not here because of KH anymore, we're here because of the comunity, and we couldn't care less if the people here actually did or didn't play the KH games, if we enjoy speaking to you, you're welcome, and if you actually know things about KH (if you've watched the cutscenes, you must know about the series), then you'll always be able to speak to most people here.

So don't feel bad about it, it makes no difference if you have played the games or not :D

Hey, don't sell yourself short.  You know what?  I was a Kingdom Hearts fan before I played any of the games too.  I also started with Nintendo Power and since Tron: Legacy was going to be in it, I watched the Let's Plays, Played Days, and even got a used PS2 to play the other games.  You're not a fake.  You love the story and have enjoy Kingdom Hearts.  That in itself makes you a fan.

I found the Kingdom Hearts series when I was 7 as well. But to be honest, I wasn't very confused. After watching KH1 cutscenes and getting approval from my parents to continue being into Kingdom Hearts, I continued in my little journey to watch KH cutscenes whenever I could. I did play 358/2 Days and Re:coded on my 12th birthday because I was a little curious about what happened during them (i only had a few cutscences for these two games). I also had already watched KH:3D Japanese cutscenes, but I also got to play it in English on that same day.But anyway, don't worry. You can do it! Just make sure you have the time to watch them, okay? That way you won't be easily bored.

Edited by KHUndertaleFan25

No worries, Bandana Waddle Dee. Like these people above me have said, as long as you actually enjoyed the games in one way or another, you are a Kingdom Hearts fan. :D

"You can only be a fraud if you really try to be a fraud."

This is a quote by none other than Anonymous! (Actually, I have no clue if I just made this up or not. xD )

Keep being you, and if you are you, then you can never be a fraud. ;)

Rock on!

Don't worry about it: I loved the Portal series for a hella long time before actually picking up the game and playing it. Despite what the internet would have you believe, there are no entrance exams to become a fan of something. 

O-kay. I don't know how this is a problem, since there are some that haven't played many of the games. Heck, I haven't played a single KH game yet, the knowledge of the series I have is because of the many youtube videos, wikis and articles I've watched and read ever since I became interested. Yet I decided to join this site because of that interest, the news and to talk about stuff. Most of the topics I make and the posts I write aren't even related to KH. Don't worry about it. 

Don't worry. You're no fraud (Unless you know absolutely nothing at all about it and are just pretending that you know what you're talking about). You don't need to play to be a fan. There's no such thing as being a "true" or "pure" fan. As long as you like the series, and would be willing to support the series then you are considered a fan.

It was that way for me at a point. I only had the knowledge of Kingdom Hearts that I remembered from my childhood. That was until I played 1.5 about two years ago. Even then, I didn't feel like I was a "true" fan because I hadn't played any of the other games besides the first and Re: Chain of Memories. I had no idea what was going on when I played DDD for the first time. That was when I turned to the internet for KHII. Then I got 2.5.

It was the same way when I had never played X and didn't understand what people were talking about. I still don't have much of an idea about X, but now that UX is out, I can learn.

Anyway, enough about me. The point is, You're no fraud.

I have a confession to make: I am a fraud. Most of you guys have played atleast Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2, but I have done neither. Here is my history with the KH series:

I was first introduced to it at a party when I was like 6 or 7, and I was a heck load confused. I didn't understand what was going on, or who all of the characters were, but it looked like an interesting game.

When I was 10-11, there was a rack of used video games in a store my family went to, and my mom said I could pick out any two videogames I wanted as long as she approved. I found and picked up KH 1 & 2, but my mom did not approve. :(

Years later, when I was about 12 or 13 I read in Nintendo Power Magazine (why did that magazine ever get disconitued???) about Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and I got really excited. I preordered the game and got it the first day it came out. I was a heck load confused (especially that opening cutscene with Roxas, Axel, and Xion) because I had never played any other KH game before, but I loved it none the less.

About 1 year later, I decided to watch Kingdom Hearts the movie (a youtube video including all KH cutscenes) so that I would know what happened in that game. After watching it, it was like a bunch of the things I was confused about actually made sense (btw, I am not ashamed to say I cried at the end when Sora and Kairi were separated, as well as Riku and King Mickey’s sacrifice to close the door to Kingdom Hearts; that stuff is really deep and hit me hard). Afterwards, I decided to watch KH BBS the movie, KH COM the movie, and KH 358&1/2 Days in that order (again, the endings made me cry a lot). I also decided to watch a full walkthrough of TWEWY, and dear Glob was TWEWY as amazing as KH games!!!

Recently, I watched the first parts of KH 2 the movie, but I got bored and kinda stopped watching it. I know I should finish it and watch KH Recoded the movie, but I’m a bit lazy and I have other priorities (like KHUx) to take care of.

So basically, I’ve only played KHDDD and KHUx, I’ve only watched KH1 and parts of KH2, I’ve only watched most of the subgames, and yet I have the audacity to call myself a “true” Kingdom Hearts fan. After years of denial, I must admit that I am a fraud. Please forgive me and motivate me to finish watching KH 2 the movie and start watching KH Recoded the movie. -.-

Dude. Bruh. Like, stop. It's fine, you're no "fraud". You like the games. You've played the games. You've seen at least most of the story and the numbered titles. You are a fan. YOU ARE FINE.

If anything, this standard you are setting for yourself could be interpreted as saying that anyone who plays the "subgames" (and no one should even call them that, they're just as significant as any other title in the series) and has never had the opportunity to at least check out the numbered games, let alone the interest to, should be considered "lesser" than a fan. Those aren't healthy standards for either you or others to live up to. So don't hold yourself to those.

If you like ANY aspect of the Kingdom Hearts series and are interested in getting exposed to more, then that's it, you're by all definition of the word A FAN. You're not lesser than anyone else, you're not a fake. YOU'RE NOT A FRAUD. Just get to those cutscene archives when you can, enjoy whatever games you want, get to those other games WHEN you can actually get a hold of them and have the time to devote to them, and just embrace the fact that you love this series despite how little of it you've experienced thus far and relish in the fact that you get to discover more of it from this point on.

If somebody put these thoughts in your head at all, then I'm sorry because they are wrong for doing that. If it's just self-generated doubt, don't fret over it so much. The only person who defines you as a fan is yourself, no one else has the right to say that you are or aren't a fan....I just realized that contradicted my statements about you being a fan, but in this case I think you kind of need the validation from outside your head to encourage you. Point is, you define yourself as a fan, so therefore you are a fan. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The whole "true" fan and "false" fan thing is just kind of an elitist attitude of classifying people that I've never bought into, in case I haven't made that obvious right now. :P

I feel so loved and silly for making this topic!!! I AM NO FRAUD!!! :3<3

Indeed you aren't, but seriously, you should consider getting the collections if possible. It's a much better option than just watching movies.