Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Worlds That "Technically" Exist

I believe that this is a topic that hopefully will not come off as tired or repeated because I personally don't see much discussion about it in the specific manner that I am going to address it in, if that makes any sense.

So, as we all know, the majority of worlds that we visit in the Kingdom Hearts games are worlds based off Disney films/properties that are home to the various Disney characters that star in those films/properties. However, some of the Disney characters we've met have been documented as belonging to their native home world, and yet we've never actually seen those worlds. Now, obvious examples of these characters are people like Simba or Mushu or the Fairy Godmother, but those characters were later confirmed to be from actual worlds. See, I'm referring to the characters that do not have that sort of confirmation whatsoever.

For instance, we saw Pongo, Perdita and all of their puppies from 101 Dalmations in KH1. Their journal entries claimed that they were from a native world, but we only ever saw them in Traverse Town and never got to see their actual world which was also claimed to have been lost to darkness thanks to Xehanort's Heartless. The same can be said for the summons Bambi and Dumbo, from the films of the same name.

In the same vein, Chicken Little from KHII also qualifies, but I'd personally be glad if we never see a world based on that "film" inserted into the series. Of course, that's just me.

This is what I'm basically trying to prove here: on technical terms, the Kingdom Hearts universe does in fact have worlds based on 101 Dalmatians, BambiDumbo, and Chicken Little. These are worlds that are in fact possible for us to explore in the universe of KH if we are given the chance to. Not saying that we will or that they'll be apart of KHIII, but I'm just saying that it is possible to a certain extent.

There's also the characters of Merlin and Experiment 626/Stitch (and by extension Dr. Jumba, Gantu, and the Grand Councilwoman I guess) that could be into this category, but I actually think that they are part of a special exception. You see, when it comes to them, I'm sure most of us have thought that there's the possibility of a Sword Of The Stone world or a Lilo & Stitch world just based on their existence in the series alone, but here's my line of thinking:

For Merlin's case, there's never been any solid evidence that he originally inhabited a world based on SotS, he just simply existed in the universe, possibly solely in Radiant Garden, ever since the dawn of time. And it's not like that's not entirely plausible. Speaking realistically, the Disney inhabitants of the KH universe don't necessarily follow the standard flow of time. I'd dare say that most of them can pretty much be touted as "immortal", and I think Merlin qualifies for this.

As for Stitch, his situation is a little more complex. In BBS, we were essentially given the prologue to Lilo & Stitch before Stitch crash lands on Earth, and we don't really know what happened to him afterwards, in-universe speaking. In KHII, he randomly shows up again for a couple of scenes and as a summon, and it's pretty much just handwaved that he used to be a bad guy but now he's good and all that jazz. We weren't told that he went to a world where he met a chubby Hawaiian girl and reformed himself either. He just sort of turned good on his own, and thanks to Birth By Sleep, we can also reinforce the idea that Stitch turned good because of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus and didn't need Lilo in the first place. So, it's all kinds of complicated. Still, my conclusion is that Stitch, and in extension the entire L&S cast from BBS are in fact just random aliens who exist in the universe on their own merits. Deep Space isn't really a world anyway, it's literally just a giant spaceship. It's about as much a world as the insides of Monstro were in KH1 and KHDDD.

So yeah, there's my stance. Do you think any of the proposed worlds I talked about could be introduced in KHIII? Do you agree with my personal thesis on Merlin and Stitch? Are there any examples I might have missed?

Edited by Firaga Sensei

What I know is that every world has it's own time, despite them all being connected originally. Know I think about it, what would happen if all the worlds were connect? Would they share the same time, yet travel at their disposal? Or would all the worlds merge into one whole world and they all live together? Or like the the first question, but they all have different times, yet still can travel to other worlds somehow? Man...it makes since in fan fiction, since all of their time(s) are different and never the same, but...as Kairi says, "they all share the same sky,". How would that apply. *sigh* Well, can't do anything except wait and see for 2.8 and KH III.

Hmm, this is actually quite interesting, when you think about it!  It's true that we've seen these certain characters in the games, but we've never seen their actual homeworlds!  So yeah, it could be possible that we might visit their worlds sometime in the future, cuz it could be possible!  That theory on the Disney characters is also plausible!  As was stated in Dream Drop Distance, time flows differently in each world, so no two worlds time axis will be the same, ya know?  So Disney's characters probably have a slower time axis, or something like that!  As for Merlin, I dunno, he seems to be more of the wandering wizard type, and even though he's always shown up in Radiant Garden, I do believe he could have been from another world, aka, the world from the Sword In The Stone!  So yeah, that's something to think about! It could be that we get to explore many of these unseen worlds in Kingdom Hearts III, or perhaps the next saga!

Also, a bit off topic, you know how Nomura stated that for Kingdom Hearts III, the story of Disney based worlds would operate a little differently, such as is the case with Big Hero 6? Now that I think about it, KHIII wouldn't be the first game to take this approach, since, if you've noticed, a lot of the previous KH games handle Disney worlds differently!  For example, in the first Kingdom Hearts, Halloweentown doesn't follow the same plot of the movie, ya know?  That happens in KHII, and heck, even in KHII, when the second visit comes around, we see things differently, ya know?  It's also like in the Pride Lands!  Scar's Ghost was never a thing in the Lion King films, but it was applied in KHII as a story for after the main story in Pride Lands was completed, ya know?  It's cool to think how the stories we love get taken in different directions, ya know? :3

I always assumed KH timelines ignored Lilo and Stitch, making it Terra, Aqua. and Ventus made him good. 

Except in the credits of BBS, it clearly shows Stitch crashing on Earth, 

There's also Zootopia. In KHχ/KHUχ, the Medals are fragments created by the Book of Prophecies and they depict characters from the future on them. There was recently an event with Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde medals. This means that Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe.

It does?

Huh.... 

Start at 9:22 Crashing was a strong word, but he's definitely heading towards something. Plus, where else does he get the name 'Stitch'? 

Edited by Kaweebo

Start at 9:22 Crashing was a strong word, but he's definitely heading towards something. Plus, where else does he get the name 'Stitch'? 

Been so long since I played BBS, I forgot that happened :O

I'm assuming it was mute for copyright reasons?

The world Sam and Kevin Flynn come from. Basically, modern-day Earth. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Makes you wonder how exactly Ansem the Wise got his hands on SP/Grid in the first place. I mean, they are a business (I think, I never watched Tron or Tron: Legacy) so if they just happened to sell it to him, that would make total sense. Or maybe it was a present from Mickey when he visited Ansem The Wise that one time. I dunno, there's a lot of different ways this could go.

Technically Zootopia exists in the future if you take the whole "Illusions and Power from the future" thing t heart.

There's also Zootopia. In KHχ/KHUχ, the Medals are fragments created by the Book of Prophecies and they depict characters from the future on them. There was recently an event with Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde medals. This means that Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Eh, I'd call game-story segregation on that one. The in-game explanation can be applied, but the actual relevance to anything concrete in terms of lore is flimsy at best. I mean, if we see a world in KHIII based on Zootopia (and dear God, please don't make that happen), then obviously I'm wrong, but as of now, I don't see this as anything except adding a recent Disney flick as bonus material for a game mechanic. It's like the amount of story relevance that Sora's outfit from KHII on had in the plot. Drive Forms weren't necessary for anything plot-related, it was just for the sake of letting Nomura experiment with a new game mechanic again.

Except in the credits of BBS, it clearly shows Stitch crashing on Earth, 

Plus, where else does he get the name 'Stitch'? 

Like I mentioned before, the whole situation is a little all over the place. Also again, he wouldn't need a reason to run into Lilo unless he wasn't reformed yet, and he clearly was thanks to Terra, Ventus, and Aqua.

Nobody actually names him 'Stitch' in KHII when he shows up, not even Sora does when you summon him. BBS also shows him (in D-Link form that is) in his post-escape form with a ukelele and all, so I think its safe to say that Nomura is just doing whatever he wants with Stitch/626 at this point.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Hey, you got a problem with the bunny cop and slick fox movie?

No, I just don't think it would work in a Kingdom Hearts game. I've explained my reasons why in a different thread.

I like your concept however I have a few queries; how would you class London in KH1; Neverland and London are clearly distinct; however they are both part of the same world. Same as Mysterious Tower in Twilight Town in KH2; we still have no idea whether or not these are two worlds or one overall world, also Alice's home world is not Wonderland; so would you class that as a world within a world too?

I do agree that some of the characters that have been introduced have probably reached their limits; I mean whilst we know they are out there a Bambi world/Dumbo world could be lacklustre. That saying I can see Stich re-appearing in a world due to the fact it would fit the criteria of an old world have new maps.

Also I'd say be skeptical of films getting live action releases and Sword in the Stone I believe is in the process; whilst we have evidence Merlin does live in Radiant Garden from the events of BBS onwards, we don't know his complete origin points; plus we know he can cross across worlds so I wouldn't be too hasty to dismiss Sword in The Stone appearing as a world.

I like your concept however I have a few queries; how would you class London in KH1; Neverland and London are clearly distinct; however they are both part of the same world. Same as Mysterious Tower in Twilight Town in KH2; we still have no idea whether or not these are two worlds or one overall world, also Alice's home world is not Wonderland; so would you class that as a world within a world too?

For Neverland and Wonderland, it works on a technicality where the main plane of existence that is used as the center for the narrative is considered the central hub of that world, like how we still refer to Halloween Town as Halloween Town even though Christmas Town was introduced later on. It's treated as a subsection of the main world instead of its own world entirely. So yeah, Neverland and Wonderland itself are still "the world" in those cases. Besides, who the Hell wants to go to boring old London anyway? xD

For Mysterious Tower: it's it own world entirely. That's been proven with games like BBS and DDD. The train in Twilight Town was just used as convenient plot device to travel from that world to the next.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Makes you wonder how exactly Ansem the Wise got his hands on SP/Grid in the first place. I mean, they are a business (I think, I never watched Tron or Tron: Legacy) so if they just happened to sell it to him, that would make total sense. Or maybe it was a present from Mickey when he visited Ansem The Wise that one time. I dunno, there's a lot of different ways this could go.

Ansem never "got his hands on" The Grid. He made a copy of it, just like how he made a copy of Twilight Town. My guess is that he simply went to the world, then went inside of The Grid then copied it using the machine he uses to copy worlds.

Ansem never "got his hands on" The Grid. He made a copy of it, just like how he made a copy of Twilight Town. My guess is that he simply went to the world, then went inside of The Grid then copied it using the machine he uses to copy worlds.

That's what I meant by "got his hands on it".

Edited by Firaga Sensei

To be fair KH's world logic a lot of worlds exist that we don't know about it.

I just like to go with my headcanon that every form of media exists in KH Video game worlds,Anime worlds etc.

To be fair KH's world logic a lot of worlds exist that we don't know about it.

That is a very true fact in a way.

I just like to go with my headcanon that every form of media exists in KH Video game worlds,Anime worlds etc.

This however... no.

Pretty sure that's KH for anyone new to the series  :tongue:

There are longtime fans of the series who still don't understand basic concepts.

We have questions from them about stuff almost every week. xD

The World Ends With You has a world for it's characters. In DDD, Joshua states that he and his friends Neku, Shiki, Rhyme, & Beat are from another world where their lives were in danger and Joshua brought them to Traverse Town to keep them safe. I believe even Neku refers to Shibuya and asks Sora to visit them there at some point.

A Sword in the Stone world does also exist. Don't know how canon it truly is, but an official comic was released way back when KH1 came out that had worlds for Sword in the Stone & Hunchback of Notre Dame. Hunchback later getting a proper world in DDD.