Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jingilator

What would you think about Vanitas being in KH3?

Honestly I wouldn't like him to be in the game. He rejoined with Ventus, his story is complete. Bringing him back seems really inexplicable and sort of lazy fan service. It's honestly the exact same way I feel about Roxas, Xion, Lea, Namine, and other Org. members returning. They played their part, their stories ended and it was satisfying. Bringing them back seems needless and starts to ruin the characters. And a ton of people predict Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord's return as perhaps some of the members. That seems even more lazy since those Org. members have absolutely zero established back story. They were essentially the "extra" members in the organization to fill its ranks, and their personalities definitely don't fit the seriousness of the XIII darknesses (looking at you Demyx!). I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion, but when you are writing a story, you need to be careful not to overuse characters or put them in places they don't fit. At the same time though, there is an insanely limited number of candidates that actually make sense. Weirdly enough, besides the obvious Terra, my really stupid guess is Ventus, since his body is empty anyway. But it's lame since we know he's still in the Room of Awakening or whatever. Anyway sorry for going off on a rant.

Edited by clatter411

I think Vanitas is one of the best villains in the Kingdom Hearts series, so it would be interesting if he actually did come back. Besides, can you even imagine how awesome would a Sora-Vanitas fight be?

I thought he was a dumb character and I didn't like the idea of unversed either, they need to stop coming out with new types of enemies, Heartless and Nobodies were cool but Unversed,Dream Eaters, and Nightmares were all terrible ideas or at least with Nightmares, just poorly executed.

It would be FREAKING AWESOME!!

Although I have absolutely no idea how that would work since he and Ven are supposed to be the same being again, unless he was just taken out of time before his fight with Ven. Though if you think about it, if that was the case then even after he returned to Ven's heart, he still had a piece of Xehanort's heart within him, which would then mean that it would be within Ven now. Which would mean that Ven could possibly potentially by a loooooooooooooong stretch be a seeker as well.....but I kind of doubt they'll go THAT complicated, I mean they probably already have Terra as a trump card already, it would just be way too convoluted to have Ven as a turn-around as well, even for KH. I don't know, maybe if he is a seeker, Vanitas's fragment of Xehanort's heart might have just went away by the time he fused back into Ven. But at this point I'm just almost hoping he just returns in a traditional sense instead of being taken out of time. It'd be much less confusing and it'd leave open the possibility of him being a reoccurring enemy in future titles. But odds are he's being taken out of time like the rest of the Seekers, so oh well.

With that in mind though, I think they might be doing a similar thing with Riku Replica, having him being taken out of time just prior to his final battle against Riku. I mean, there's no other way to explain Riku's lookalike inside Prankster's Paradise. If it was Riku from when he was under the influence of Darkness (as he recalled in that scene) then that would mean that Xehanort already got Riku, meaning that the whole plot with Sora being the last vessil and Ansem trying to win Riku over at the last second would be entirely pointless. That, and the memento for Chain of Memories is unlocked in that scene anyway, so it just points even more to the possibility that it's Riku Replica. It would also offer another possible reason why they changed Riku's hairstyle, in order to better differentiate between the two. I really hope that is the case and it IS Riku Replica because I thought his ending was pretty unfulfilling...I mean, it was good and tragic and all that, but I really wanted to see a bit more of him, like get a little more resolution, so maybe facing off as him again will get us that. I would like to bring it back to the main topic by saying that I also want to see Vanitas again for similar reasons. And just imagine having a tag-team battle against both Vanitas AND Riku Replica! Like double the darkness, double the "other half" drama, and double the danger! Now THAT would be a fun boss! Plus I would love to laugh at listening to Sora and Riku having to banter back and forth against an evil Sora and evil Riku, it would just be hilarious. X)""

I have a theory that when Vanitas was extracted from Ventus, Xehanort made him a vessel right away. That would explain his golden eyes and why he would return in KH3.

I've been thinking and thinking on how exactly Vanitas would return now that he's merged back with Ven, but it's difficult... Through trial and error I keep proving my theories invalid... I feel it has something to do with Sora due to that little moment in Dream Drop Distance though.

Anyway, I'm hyped to see him return.  0/*

I say bring him back so I finally kick his butt in his full potential and kill him again!!! Vanitas is one of favorite Kingdom Hearts but fighting him wasn't satisfying enough because he wasn't even challenge and he had low life bars. His fight was pretty short.

^ I'd have to agree. Vanitas is essentially a given. In terms of personal opinion I'm kind of indifferent. Though I'd love any character development of any kind, so I guess I'd welcome Vanitas with open arms. Let's make him into a more interesting character :D

I'm one of a handful who don't believe Vanitas actually rejoined with Ven at the end of BBS (largely since we've seen that he's not inside Sora), so I think there's definitely room for him to return (I'm also a fan of the chessboard theory, and considering Xehanort was gathering vessels as early on as BBS, i.e. Braig, it's very possible he saw Vanitas as an opportunity and took it right away). Plus DDD seemed to imply that Xehanort does have Vanitas with him already (possibly outside of the time travel shenanigans).

That aside, I do have a love-hate relationship with his bossfights so I wouldn't mind having him kick my butt one last time. xD

Oh, he should definitely return! All signs point to it. Everything in KH has meaning, you can't tell me Vanitas appeared briefly in DDD for no reason. I personally am a believer in the "chessboard theory". He even has the golden eyes! I think he's one of the seekers of darkness.

I also believe he's in Sora's heart deep down somewhere, since Ventus's heart is in there.

I'm one of a handful who don't believe Vanitas actually rejoined with Ven at the end of BBS (largely since we've seen that he's not inside Sora), so I think there's definitely room for him to return (I'm also a fan of the chessboard theory, and considering Xehanort was gathering vessels as early on as BBS, i.e. Braig, it's very possible he saw Vanitas as an opportunity and took it right away). Plus DDD seemed to imply that Xehanort does have Vanitas with him already (possibly outside of the time travel shenanigans).

That aside, I do have a love-hate relationship with his bossfights so I wouldn't mind having him kick my butt one last time. xD

As far as I'm aware, Vanitas is inside Sora, which is why Sora saw him in the cathedral in La Cité Des Cloches. When Young Xehanort spoke to Sora somehow Ventus' side could sense Vanitas and that's why Sora saw him. I'm quite sure I read in an interview this, but I can't find it, so I can't say for sure, but I think that Young Xehanort kinda tries getting the darkness within Sora to awaken, which is why Vanitas, who's Ventus' dark side appeared then.

As far as I'm aware, Vanitas is inside Sora, which is why Sora saw him in the cathedral in La Cité Des Cloches. When Young Xehanort spoke to Sora somehow Ventus' side could sense Vanitas and that's why Sora saw him. I'm quite sure I read in an interview this, but I can't find it, so I can't say for sure, but I think that Young Xehanort kinda tries getting the darkness within Sora to awaken, which is why Vanitas, who's Ventus' dark side appeared then.

Ah, this quote, you mean?

— Why did Xehanort and co. word things as if to try and wake Ventus who is inside Sora?

Nomura: They did so in order to tempt Sora’s heart and have it fall to the darkness. In the story it also talks about how abandoning the self leads to losing the heart. When you see Vanitas (the dark half of Ventus who appeared in KHBBS) overlay Young Xehanort for a moment, that represents Ventus’ heart reacting inside Sora.

I take it as inferring that Vanitas is with Xehanort, and Xehanort used him to stir Ven's heart in Sora (implying that Ven and Vanitas are in two different places) to speed up Sora's loss of identity (and thus fall into darkness), but the rough translation does make it hard to say for sure. Not to mention Riku didn't see Vanitas when he dove into Sora's heart and saw everyone else, and Namine didn't mention him when she told data!Sora and Mickey about those locked in Sora's heart (and. having a darkness-oriented psychopath inside you is definitely deserving of a heads-up, rofl).

Ah, this quote, you mean?

— Why did Xehanort and co. word things as if to try and wake Ventus who is inside Sora?

Nomura: They did so in order to tempt Sora’s heart and have it fall to the darkness. In the story it also talks about how abandoning the self leads to losing the heart. When you see Vanitas (the dark half of Ventus who appeared in KHBBS) overlay Young Xehanort for a moment, that represents Ventus’ heart reacting inside Sora.

I take it as inferring that Vanitas is with Xehanort, and Xehanort used him to stir Ven's heart in Sora (implying that Ven and Vanitas are in two different places) to speed up Sora's loss of identity (and thus fall into darkness), but the rough translation does make it hard to say for sure. Not to mention Riku didn't see Vanitas when he dove into Sora's heart and saw everyone else, and Namine didn't mention him when she told data!Sora and Mickey about those locked in Sora's heart (and. having a darkness-oriented psychopath inside you is definitely deserving of a heads-up, rofl).

Yeah, it's that quote thanks for finding it! :D

But yeah, what I see there is what I said, they want Sora's darkness to awaken, so that made Ventus' heart react and kinda see Vanitas since he's like the dark part of him. You said Vanitas didn't appear when Riku dove into Sora's heart... I give you that one (actually having a fight against Vanitas instead of Dark Ventus would've been amazing!), but Vanitas did vanish into Ventus, so he doesn't really exist anymore, it's just Ventus' darkness what's left, which was what made the Nightmare Armour (Dark Ventus). So yeah, Vanitas is more than dead, he isn't a thing anymore, he just returned to Ventus' heart which made him lose his self and become what he was at first, Ventus' darkness, if he comes back in KH3 (he will for sure), it's because of time-travel, which means that sometime before the start of BBS Xehanort introduced his heart in Vanitas and started to nort him.

Yeah, it's that quote thanks for finding it! :D

But yeah, what I see there is what I said, they want Sora's darkness to awaken, so that made Ventus' heart react and kinda see Vanitas since he's like the dark part of him. You said Vanitas didn't appear when Riku dove into Sora's heart... I give you that one (actually having a fight against Vanitas instead of Dark Ventus would've been amazing!), but Vanitas did vanish into Ventus, so he doesn't really exist anymore, it's just Ventus' darkness what's left, which was what made the Nightmare Armour (Dark Ventus). So yeah, Vanitas is more than dead, he isn't a thing anymore, he just returned to Ventus' heart which made him lose his self and become what he was at first, Ventus' darkness, if he comes back in KH3 (he will for sure), it's because of time-travel, which means that sometime before the start of BBS Xehanort introduced his heart in Vanitas and started to nort him.

No problem! I usually keep it on hand. xD

Since we didn't actually see Vanitas disappear into Ven (he just died and faded away like Ven did) or ever get any hint of confirmation of it, I hold out on the possibility that they didn't rejoin, partly for the reasons mentioned above. As for the Armored Ventus Nightmare, that was created because Ven's armor was submerged in Sora's darkness; we see clearly that Ven's heart escapes the darkness before that happens, which should mean it had no real tie to what happened to the armor.

As for the quote, Nomura doesn't say that they were trying to pull out Sora's darkness, but rather have him fall to darkness via a loss of identity, as "In the story it also talks about how abandoning the self leads to losing the heart." Considering the mind games Xemnas and the others play with Sora all throughout 3D, it's clear they're trying to cripple his confidence in himself as well as stir Ven's consciousness in an attempt to break his self-perception, essentially, and trick him into falling into darkness.

As for time travel... I won't get into that long debate, but 3D heavily implied that there won't be anymore of it, that all the Seekers of Darkness are actually their present-day selves (who were influenced into appearing in KH3 because of the time travel shenanigans in DDD), meaning all of them are actually alive at the present time. But that's yet another question KH3 will have to answer. xD

Edited by ladydualwieldin

No problem! I usually keep it on hand. xD

Since we didn't actually see Vanitas disappear into Ven (he just died and faded away like Ven did) or ever get any hint of confirmation of it, I hold out on the possibility that they didn't rejoin, partly for the reasons mentioned above. As for the Armored Ventus Nightmare, that was created because Ven's armor was submerged in Sora's darkness; we see clearly that Ven's heart escapes the darkness before that happens, which should mean it had no real tie to what happened to the armor.

As for the quote, Nomura doesn't say that they were trying to pull out Sora's darkness, but rather have him fall to darkness via a loss of identity, as "In the story it also talks about how abandoning the self leads to losing the heart." Considering the mind games Xemnas and the others play with Sora all throughout 3D, it's clear they're trying to cripple his confidence in himself as well as stir Ven's consciousness in an attempt to break his self-perception, essentially, and trick him into falling into darkness.

As for time travel... I won't get into that long debate, but 3D heavily implied that there won't be anymore of it, that all the Seekers of Darkness are actually their present-day selves (who were influenced into appearing in KH3 because of the time travel shenanigans in DDD), meaning all of them are actually alive at the present time. But that's yet another question KH3 will have to answer. xD

OK, you got me quite well there xD I can't really debate that well on DDD since I didn't like it that much and left it aside once I finished it, so I can't really remember many details in the story (like if it was Sora's or Ventus' darkness that made that armour appear), so yeah, I see where you're coming from, and knowing Nomura it's completely posible that Vanitas and Ven aren't actually united xD

I still think that Vanitas will come from time-traveling, and the Seekers of Darkness, as far as I remember, are known to be different selves of Xehanort from different times, so they're not their present-day selves as you said. If Vanitas was norted back in the day, he could very well be one of the 13 darknesses that have been gathered from different times. I do remember the scenes from Where Nothing Gathers (I think xD).

Just based off of closure alone it makes sense for Vanitas to appear in KH3 and be one of the 13.  We all speculate that Ven will be one of the lights, it would only make sense to have his dark counterpart as one of the darknesses.  If this is truly the end of the Dark Seeker Saga, then its only fitting that there is closure between Ven and Vanitas.  I have always been a big fan of Ven and Vanitas, so I welcome this with open arms!  Plus I always thought it was cool how Vanitas could ride on the stream of Keyblades, it would be awesome to see that in Amazing Kingdom Shader graphics!

Just based off of closure alone it makes sense for Vanitas to appear in KH3 and be one of the 13. We all speculate that Ven will be one of the lights, it would only make sense to have his dark counterpart as one of the darknesses. If this is truly the end of the Dark Seeker Saga, then its only fitting that there is closure between Ven and Vanitas. I have always been a big fan of Ven and Vanitas, so I welcome this with open arms! Plus I always thought it was cool how Vanitas could ride on the stream of Keyblades, it would be awesome to see that in Amazing Kingdom Shader graphics!

IKR? I've already thought of a script for before the first battle against Sora and Vanitas, as well as Vanitas's battle quotes. Something like:V: Well, well. Looks like I finally found you.S: (looks behind him, sees Vanitas on a cliff.) Wha...? Who are you?V: You should know; especially from that vision you saw in the Sleeping Worlds....Sora.S: Wait...you're that copy of me I saw in the vision next to Xehanort, aren't you?V: ...Copy? (laughs maniacally) You really have been clueless....(dark aura around his hand)....haven't you? (Summons Keyblade, cue "Enter the Darkness)S: A Keyblade? (Surprised, then gives Vanitas an angry look, summoning his Keyblade; Donald and Goofy give the same expression)V: Hmph. Looks like you might have some fight after all. (Fight begins)Vanitas battle quotes:"Come!""Attack me!""Is that all you got?""Pathetic!""Die!""Become one with Xehanort!""All aboard the DEATH train!""Time to meet your maker!""Thunder!""*maniacal laughter*" (after using Dark Thundara.)"Fire!""Heal!" (Yes, he can heal himself. *puts on sunglasses* Deal with it.)"Wind!"(Possibility of removed for time, but...) "You say you're a Keyblade Master? Don't make me laugh!"(Defeated) "Rrrgh...not bad...for a kid."Moves:Negative Ship: Vanitas's answer to Pirate Ship, an Attraction Flow attack. Hits in a 1x3 area and deals moderate damage.Negative Tram: Vanitas's answer to Big Thunder Train (I think it's called that?). Goes around the around the arena, dealing moderate damage.Dark Fira: A huge, purply fireball that deals slight ranged damage; might even leave a short burn.Dark Aerora: A black wind that hits in a 3x3 area. Deals 8 slightly powerful hits and a 9th moderately powerful hit.Dark Cure: Heals 15% of taken damage. This will be spammed if Vanitas has taken substantial amounts of damage.Dark Thundara: Surrounds Vanitas with thunder mines that deal moderately powerful hits.Dark Suction: Attacks in a 5x3 area; deals 5 slightly powerful hits when either Sora, Donald, or Goofy are sucked in, then causes an explosion that deals an severely powerful hit.Negative Teacups: Chases Sora down like a wild animal, dealing 30 slightly powerful hits; then is kicked into the air by Vanitas, eventually coming down to explode in a 5x5 area, dealing an extremely powerful hit.The rest is just weak-powerful slashes and stuff. What do you think about that? Edited by lollygagger19

IKR? I've already thought of a script for before the first battle against Sora and Vanitas, as well as Vanitas's battle quotes. Something like:V: Well, well. Looks like I finally found you.S: (looks behind him, sees Vanitas on a cliff.) Wha...? Who are you?V: You should know; especially from that vision you saw in the Sleeping Worlds....Sora.S: Wait...you're that copy of me I saw in the vision next to Xehanort, aren't you?V: ...Copy? (laughs maniacally) You really have been clueless....(dark aura around his hand)....haven't you? (Summons Keyblade, cue "Enter the Darkness)S: A Keyblade? (Surprised, then gives Vanitas an angry look, summoning his Keyblade; Donald and Goofy give the same expression)V: Hmph. Looks like you might have some fight after all. (Fight begins)Vanitas battle quotes:"Come!""Attack me!""Is that all you got?""Pathetic!""Die!""Become one with Xehanort!""All aboard the DEATH train!""Time to meet your maker!""Thunder!""*maniacal laughter*" (after using Dark Thundara.)"Fire!""Heal!" (Yes, he can heal himself. *puts on sunglasses* Deal with it.)"Wind!"(Possibility of removed for time, but...) "You say you're a Keyblade Master? Don't make me laugh!"(Defeated) "Rrrgh...not bad...for a kid."Moves:Negative Ship: Vanitas's answer to Pirate Ship, an Attraction Flow attack. Hits in a 1x3 area and deals moderate damage.Negative Tram: Vanitas's answer to Big Thunder Train (I think it's called that?). Goes around the around the arena, dealing moderate damage.Dark Fira: A huge, purply fireball that deals slight ranged damage; might even leave a short burn.Dark Aerora: A black wind that hits in a 3x3 area. Deals 8 slightly powerful hits and a 9th moderately powerful hit.Dark Cure: Heals 15% of taken damage.Dark Thundara: Surrounds Vanitas with thunder mines that deal moderately powerful hits.Dark Suction: Attacks in a 5x3 area; deals 5 slightly powerful hits when either Sora, Donald, or Goofy are sucked in, then causes an explosion that deals an severely powerful hit.Negative Teacups: Chases Sora down like a wild animal, dealing 30 slightly powerful hits; then is kicked into the air by Vanitas, eventually coming down to explode in a 5x5 area, dealing an extremely powerful hit.The rest is just weak-powerful slashes and stuff. What do you think about that?

wow you really put some thought into it.  I dig it!  I could definitely see the dialogue being similar to this when Sora and Vanitas eventually meet.  Well done!

Honestly I wouldn't like him to be in the game. He rejoined with Ventus, his story is complete. Bringing him back seems really inexplicable and sort of lazy fan service. It's honestly the exact same way I feel about Roxas, Xion, Lea, Namine, and other Org. members returning. They played their part, their stories ended and it was satisfying. Bringing them back seems needless and starts to ruin the characters. And a ton of people predict Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord's return as perhaps some of the members. That seems even more lazy since those Org. members have absolutely zero established back story. They were essentially the "extra" members in the organization to fill its ranks, and their personalities definitely don't fit the seriousness of the XIII darknesses (looking at you Demyx!). I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion, but when you are writing a story, you need to be careful not to overuse characters or put them in places they don't fit. At the same time though, there is an insanely limited number of candidates that actually make sense. Weirdly enough, besides the obvious Terra, my really stupid guess is Ventus, since his body is empty anyway. But it's lame since we know he's still in the Room of Awakening or whatever. Anyway sorry for going off on a rant.

Vanitas did not merge back with ventus. Vanitas faded into nothing and we don't know where he is. Whether you like it or not, vanitas is coming back.