Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Way2Dawn

Whats your preferred World layout for KHIII?

Do you prefer the layout of KHI where you visited each world once and the experience was extended, or the layout of KHII where the worlds were shorter but you visited each one twice?

Myself I kinda liked the layout of KHII where you visited twice.  I think it was a good way of keeping each world relevant throughout the game.

What do you guys think?

Kingdom Hearts II. I liked how you played along with the storyline of the film the world was based on for one visit but dealt with something more based on Kingdom Hearts (Heartless threat, Nobodies, Organization XIII) for the other visit.

As much as I want the layout to be like Kingdom Hearts II's layout, considering how expansive the worlds are meant to be in III, I doubt it's going to be a 2 visit scenario, more than likely only gonna be one. Unless the Kingdom of Coronas we saw were different, where in one visit you fought Heartless and another visit you fought the Marluxia-type Nobodies.

I honestly don't think there should be just these options, visiting all worlds twice is good, and visiting them once but extensive too, but it's kinda repetitive, you know that that rule applies to every (or most) Disney worlds. So I think it would be better that some worlds are visited only once and others more than once.

If it were three then it should be be split in three characters:

Sora

Riku

Kairi

It is very possible we need to going playing them in the Keyblade Wars.

My favorite is with just Sora but that would be also pretty cool.

I liked how Kingdom Hearts 2 had more storylines for each world, but as long as we get around 2-3 hours of story content for each world they can do the layout however they want.

I personally prefer KH1 with the backtracking how you needed certain trinity marks  and abilities to get places.

Deep Jungle in KH1 had something I liked because you crash land and you're separated from Donald, and Goofy. There aren't any heartless at first, but they still have Sabor the leopard attack every now and then to give you something to fight at first. Yeah the controls made platforming in that world annoying, but I liked the being separated from the party and the world not starting off with heartless.

KH2 made the Disney worlds feel irrelevant to the overall story so I was disappointed in them, and the second trip had us doing no more than going back to beat a boss.

I honestly don't think there should be just these options, visiting all worlds twice is good, and visiting them once but extensive too, but it's kinda repetitive, you know that that rule applies to every (or most) Disney worlds. So I think it would be better that some worlds are visited only once and others more than once.

But then a favouritism issue would occur from that. Imagine if Kingdom of Coronia was visited twice yet San Fransokyo was only visited once? wouldn't that be disappointing?

I'm down for second world visits. The worlds are expansive enough to have the return visit feel different from the initial visit. Maybe new areas are discovered in the second visit?

Edited by Guest

But then a favouritism issue would occur from that. Imagine if Kingdom of Coronia was visited twice yet San Fransokyo was only visited once? wouldn't that be disappointing?

I'm down for second world visits. The worlds are expansive enough to have the return visit feel different from the initial visit. Maybe new areas are discovered nit he second visit?

Not if San Fransokyo is bigger or the visit is longer than the visits at Kingdom of Coronia. Plus, as others have said, if the world is visited twice it kinda makes them less relevant for the overall story since the visits are shorter.

It would seem more like regression than progression to go through a world only once. Two per character seems likely. However; seeing as we don't know that Sora will be the only exclusive playable character for the main story line ( Intro I'm betting on being Young Eraqus/Young Xehanort), it's hard to comment.

However the idea of going to one world once and other's twice seems a bit odd for disney worlds. It could work for worlds such as Radiant Garden etc but not disney worlds. Also in terms of popularity for worlds; some might want to visit worlds multiple times and others might want to go there once. An example would be the pride lands; a lot of people love that world and have no issue going there twice in a game. I on the other hand; found Lion Sora annoying; the world was far too empty and big and the second visit was Mehr.

It would be hard to choose which disney film required two visits and only one. Thus keep it at two.

I preferred the KH1 approach as well. However I guess I only prefer 1 to 2's because all of 2's visits felt more like a filler or disney shenanigan- like the story wasn't as important as the cutscenes I was sitting through to get the main story.

I personally prefer the layout that Kingdom Hearts 1 had.  Not for any particular reason.  I just prefer to visit each world only once (other than a few key worlds, such as Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts 1 or Hollow Bastion in Kingdom Hearts II). 

I definitely love the KHII method!  Visiting worlds twice for story content was something that I thoroughly loved about the game, and it's something I'd like Kingdom Hearts III to do as well!  That way, the story feels longer, ya know?  While I'd like KHIII to implement this same style in terms of the world layout, odds are KHIII will approach things differently, ya know?  But hey, seeing as though Nomura said KHIII will be overwhelmingly big makes me optimistic that we won't have to worry for lack of story content, ya know? :3