Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
atheist123

Who do you think is most likely to betray Master Xehanort?

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will double-cross Master Xehanort in KH3?

• Isa (or Saix)
    • Braig (or Xigbar)
    • Young Xehanort
    • Vanitas
    • One of the other XIII Darknesses
    • Nobody (pun intended)

Who do you think will betray Master Xehanort in KH3? I have included the most obvious choices and will explain my reasons for thinking they could betray Old Man Nort.

1. Isa... we don't really know what's up with Isa... we saw Saix at the end of KH3D and Isa in the KH2.5 Secret Ending (Destiny) but at the moment he is kind of a loose cannon like most people I have chosen.

2. Braig in 2.5's Secret Ending suggests that he has his own plans which do not involve Master Xehanort, and that he continues to doubt his motivation. 

3. Young Xehanort also has some doubts about Master Xehanort and while he says he is following his destiny, it is possible that he will rebel against MX. After all, Young Xehanort is a moody teenager who likely wants some autonomy.

4. Vanitas: Vanitas is a crazy mofo and might betray MX for the lolz.

Other characters such as Saix or Xigbar might betray Xehanort for similar reasons as above, but I feel that if any of the characters will do so it will be the Somebodies not the Nobodies. I don't think Ansem SOD or Xemnas have any chance of betraying MX although Xemnas might have a tiny bit of Terra left in him, which may come into play in KH3.

Edited by atheist123

BEWARE OF SPOILERS.

To be honest I can't see any of them betraying MX. I believe they will remain on his side 'till the end but...

At the first place I thought that Isa would be likely to betray him if Lea appeals to the good old days of friendship. But in 358/2 Days we can see how loyal Saïx is to Xemnas and his plans. By the end of 3D we can see Isa jumping upon Lea too (that scene is amazing). I dunno. I believe the rivality between them is more awesome and interesting to explore in the game so that's why I believe Isa won't turn to Light's side. The final battle between them will be something dramatically amazing. Can't wait! :P

YX betraying MX would end in a paradox. The moment a younger version of himself starts to doubt about what he is planning, Master Xehanort (should) cease to exist. Unless that betray is part of his plan/destiny, and in that case I wouldn't consider that a betrayal.

The whole time thing is super confusing so don't quote me on this.

But in 358/2 Days we can see how loyal Saïx is to Xemnas and his plans.

Sure. We also see how Axel and himself have different plans (that Xemnas is aware of).

BEWARE OF SPOILERS. To be honest I can't see any of them betraying MX. I believe they will remain on his side 'till the end but... At the first place I thought that Isa would be likely to betray him if Lea appeals to the good old days of friendship. But in 358/2 Days we can see how loyal Saïx is to Xemnas and his plans. By the end of 3D we can see Isa jumping upon Lea too (that scene is amazing). I dunno. I believe the rivality between them is more awesome and interesting to explore in the game so that's why I believe Isa won't turn to Light's side. The final battle between them will be something dramatically amazing. Can't wait! :P

I personally think the character we saw at the end of KH3D is Saix not Isa. I don't think Saix will betray Xehanort but Isa might. We haven't seen current day Isa, apart from his body prior to Lea waking up (we can assume Braig and Young Xehanort took him).

No one will. They all would be loyal under oath and devotion to Master Xehanort as well as bear his heart. Once you hear his heart, you become half Xehanort.

Terra was strong enough to (briefly) fight Xehanorts influence so other characters might be able to too. Braig and Isa have their original hearts back so might be strong enough to fight MX's control. In order to keep their bodies as Nobodies they had to have strong will so might be able to resist him. Edited by atheist123

I say it's braig. Granted I don't think he would live very long if he does, but there would be almost no motivation for him staying once he gets strong enough to get a keyblade for himself. I mean isn't that rhe whole reason for him joining xehanort in rhe first place

Terra was strong enough to (briefly) fight Xehanorts influence so other characters might be able to too. Braig and Isa have their original hearts back so might be strong enough to fight MX's control. In order to keep their bodies as Nobodies they had to have strong will so might be able to resist him.

True, but it will be Terra saved by Sora.As for everyone else, I don't know. I mean, YX betraying his old self? He wouldn't do that and so I am rather doubtful that anyone else will betray MX.

It's ya boy Isa

His loyalty is already shit from what we've seen in 358/2 days and Nomura keeps hinting greater significance with his recusant sigil-scar //*coughs* someone refusing to submit *coughs* on the official Xehanort-timeline and with Xemnas's line in dream drop distance (your flesh bares the sigil so your name shall be that of a recusant)

Plus Lea says he's always there for his friends so I'm holding out for Isa to be ok

Keep on truckin' lil moon boy. Bare in mind this comes from an insufferable Isa apologist so don't listen to me

Edited by Shimmy

I don't understand how people don't get that, even after reforming Saix was still Saix. Having n X in the name is't necessarily the mark of a Nobody, it's the mark of having been chosen as a vessel for Xehanort, if the possession takes, you're always addressed by the Nobody name, that's why Young Xehanort still called Braig Xigbar even after he reformed as a somebody. The Xigbar we see in 3D is Braig after being reconstructed as a somebody.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Vanitas definitely. Vanitas is firetrucking crazy and he does everything for his own amusement/himself in general. In BBS he was only obeying MX for his own personal gain. He said that after he got what he wants he was going to betray Xehanort. As a result it's obvious that he's only going to be helping it Xehanort for his own gain.

Considering the nobodies in the KH3 trailer are obviously Marluxia, it's easy to assume that Marluxia is going to be a vessel. As a result it's pretty obvious that he could betray MX as well considering he was gonna overthrow the original Organization XIII

If Terra was able to fight for control over Xehanort's whole heart (granted, he lost in the end) then surely, one would be able to fight off a fraction of his heart. I think Isa can still be saved, as he is clearly only siding with Xehanort because he dwells on the past. I'm sure that deep down, he really wants his friendship back with Lea.

Aside from that, part of me also wonders if Braig might end up betrayng, considering he has talked back at Xehanort. I wouldn't be surprised if, at this point, he's really just waiting for an opportunity.

All of them. Xehanort is seriously that bad.

Most likely Vanitas, if he even reappears. I would think he's too unhinged to follow somebody else's agenda for too long, and considering he'd have already experienced one of Xehanort's plans bombing, it'd probably lessen his faith in Xehanort's new plan.

Young Xehanort would be interesting. I mean, his situation is fairly intriguing. He's basically a pawn of his own self. He was manipulated by his own Heartless to do what his original self from the future wanted and he's even shown signs of just meandering through whatever goals his future self wants without question. Maybe there's some huge time rift stuff that goes on where Young Xehanort just straights up decides to follow what he wants and kills and/or absorbs all the other vessels and his future self and becomes the one true Xehanort or something.

Also Isa, but only for the sake of Lea if that little plot goes anywhere, which it probably will.

I don't understand how people don't get that, even after reforming Saix was still Saix. Having n X in the name is't necessarily the mark of a Nobody, it's the mark of having been chosen as a vessel for Xehanort, if the possession takes, you're always addressed by the Nobody name, that's why Young Xehanort still called Braig Xigbar even after he reformed as a somebody. The Xigbar we see in 3D is Braig after being reconstructed as a somebody.

Xigbar and Braig are different people. The top image is Xigbar from KH3D and the bottom image is from the cutscene "Destiny", which takes place prior to KH3D. Their hair is completely different which suggests that they are different people. Also, in KH3D Xigbar disappears into the past instead of into darkness like what Master Xehanort did. I guess we could call both characters "Xigbar" but that would be even more confusing.

Posted Image

I think that Braig will most likely end up betraying Xehanort!  Why, you ask?  Well, in my honest opinion, he seems like the most likely person to turn on the old man, due to the fact that Braig really wants to get his hands on a Keyblade!  So, what if Xehanort is about to get his hands on the X-Blade?  Braig would probably jump at the chance to obtain the most powerful Keyblade of all time, and well, he'd basically turn on the old man right then and there!  But Xehanort would probably kill him! Still, it'd be fun seeing a fight between the two!  After all, I've always seen Braig as the type who sits patiently and waits for the right time to pounce!  He's a wild card, of that much I'm sure!

Xigbar and Braig are different people. The top image is Xigbar from KH3D and the bottom image is from the cutscene "Destiny", which takes place prior to KH3D. Their hair is completely different which suggests that they are different people. Also, in KH3D Xigbar disappears into the past instead of into darkness like what Master Xehanort did. I guess we could call both characters "Xigbar" but that would be even more confusing.

Posted Image

Braig in Destiny is from the past, before he became a Nobody and thus before he took on the name Xigbar. Xigbar in 3D is the reformed Braig, still going by his Nobody name, the same is true for Saix.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Braig in Destiny is from the past, before he became a Nobody and thus before he took on the name Xigbar. Xigbar in 3D is the reformed Braig, still going by his Nobody name, the same is true for Saix.

Braig in Destiny refers to "Lord Xemnas". It doesn't make much sense for him to be from the past unless for some reason he was brought to the present in order to help. Either way, both Braig and Xigbar exist in the present.

Braig in Destiny refers to "Lord Xemnas". It doesn't make much sense for him to be from the past unless for some reason he was brought to the present in order to help. Either way, both Braig and Xigbar exist in the present.

He was likely brought to the present to assist in solidifying Saix possession since Xemnas and Xigbar where already working on setting up their ambush.I know they're different people, that wasn't my point, my point is that Saix is still Saix, not Isa, even after reforming. Braig was Xigbar was just an example because it applies to him as well.. So the top option here shoudl say "Saix" not "Isa"

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

He was likely brought to the present to assist in solidifying Saix possession since Xemnas and Xigbar where already working on setting up their ambush.I know they're different people, that wasn't my point, my point is that Saix is still Saix, not Isa, even after reforming. Braig was Xigbar was just an example because it applies to him as well.. So the top option here shoudl say "Saix" not "Isa"

Either really works, but to please you I will change it to Isa/Saix and Braig/Xigbar.

We don't know what name Isa responds to but since he has reformed I think it is more clear to use their Somebody name to make it clear which version you are referring to. Saying Xigbar (Nobody) and Xigbar (Somebody) is not as simple as just saying Xigbar and Braig.