Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
atheist123

Who do you think is most likely to betray Master Xehanort?

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will double-cross Master Xehanort in KH3?

• Isa (or Saix)
    • Braig (or Xigbar)
    • Young Xehanort
    • Vanitas
    • One of the other XIII Darknesses
    • Nobody (pun intended)

Either really works, but to please you I will change it to Isa/Saix and Braig/Xigbar.

We don't know what name Isa responds to but since he has reformed I think it is more clear to use their Somebody name to make it clear which version you are referring to. Saying Xigbar (Nobody) and Xigbar (Somebody) is not as simple as just saying Xigbar and Braig.

Yeah, but with 3D, it's more that they keep the X as long as they're a member of the Organization because of the letter "X" being connected to Xehanort.

Yeah, but with 3D, it's more that they keep the X as long as they're a member of the Organization because of the letter "X" being connected to Xehanort.

I guess that could be what they decide to do. But it seems like Lea might be going by Axel too, given his response to Riku calling him that.

I guess that could be what they decide to do. But it seems like Lea might be going by Axel too, given his response to Riku calling him that.

Only because he couldn't get them to call him Lea so he just gave up.

I voted no one. I dont know detail for detail but from what I got of the story the whole point of his body thing was to make puppets with no will. He's spent like a decade and more in the games story ironing out how to snuff out free will.

I voted no one. I dont know detail for detail but from what I got of the story the whole point of his body thing was to make puppets with no will. He's spent like a decade and more in the games story ironing out how to snuff out free will.

That's true, but people like Xigbar and Vanitas would obviously have their own personal agendas, Xigbar especially.

That's true, but people like Xigbar and Vanitas would obviously have their own personal agendas, Xigbar especially.

I feel their personal agendas are mute by the encroaching of Xehanorts mind upon them. What they may have had before may also be gone now.

At best I'd say these two are 50/50 at best.

I feel their personal agendas are mute by the encroaching of Xehanorts mind upon them. What they may have had before may also be gone now.

At best I'd say these two are 50/50 at best.

Becoming a vessel doesn't really seem to affecting their personalities, at least the ones that weren't already a part of Xehanort to begin with. Xigbar still has the gall to call Xehanort an "old coot" in his current state and overall is clearly the same person that he has been portrayed as throughout the series, just now fully allied with Xehanort and his plans as opposed to just being a minor accomplice.

Becoming a vessel doesn't really seem to affecting their personalities, at least the ones that weren't already a part of Xehanort to begin with. Xigbar still has the gall to call Xehanort an "old coot" in his current state and overall is clearly the same person that he has been portrayed as throughout the series, just now fully allied with Xehanort and his plans as opposed to just being a minor accomplice.

Define personalty. Many of these characters dont really have a dedicated spotlight to be more than what we see in boss battles. Isa was entirely silent in KH3D and Xigbar also declares he's "half xehanort".

Each Xehanort so far has shown a type of facade personality, one made from Xehanorts heart being affected by the hosts or vice versa, such as Terranort being more prone to anger outburst Xigbar who retains his quip or even Xemnas who retains the older forms calmer demeanor.

The underlining aspect was that despite what personality they portrayed the heart of Xehanort was still ruling them within. Terra resisted but ultimately he was used to make Ansem and Xemnas who followed Xehanorts whims to a fault as he revealed in KH3D.

Isa who had some subplot in Days with Lea is now a silent puppet until KH3 shows us otherwise.

The Apprentice was said to be amnesiac yet we see him going on a mad mans spree with Xehanort's keyblade in KH3Ds opening scene.

From what I get of this is that Xehanort slowly takes over with each vessel having a different degree of resistance. Xigbar was willing but he's been the one playing host longest so I find it hard to tell or declare how much is him or how much is Xehanort controlling him.

KH3D's whole point was he gathered the best hosts he could so I dont see any of them rebelling on their own without some form of help to resist his hearts hold on them. Xigbar in particular has been one for 10+ years and was willing at that so even if he has some degree of freedom left he's still obviously loyal on his own.

Even the youngest version seems content or understanding that the old one is who he will be and rolls with it.

...wow I've never made a post that big on a forum before. o-o I'll just stick to my 50/50 stance. *hides back in his corner*

Define personalty. Many of these characters dont really have a dedicated spotlight to be more than what we see in boss battles. Isa was entirely silent in KH3D and Xigbar also declares he's "half xehanort".

Each Xehanort so far has shown a type of facade personality, one made from Xehanorts heart being affected by the hosts or vice versa, such as Terranort being more prone to anger outburst Xigbar who retains his quip or even Xemnas who retains the older forms calmer demeanor.

The underlining aspect was that despite what personality they portrayed the heart of Xehanort was still ruling them within. Terra resisted but ultimately he was used to make Ansem and Xemnas who followed Xehanorts whims to a fault as he revealed in KH3D.

Isa who had some subplot in Days with Lea is now a silent puppet until KH3 shows us otherwise.

The Apprentice was said to be amnesiac yet we see him going on a mad mans spree with Xehanort's keyblade in KH3Ds opening scene.

From what I get of this is that Xehanort slowly takes over with each vessel having a different degree of resistance. Xigbar was willing but he's been the one playing host longest so I find it hard to tell or declare how much is him or how much is Xehanort controlling him.

KH3D's whole point was he gathered the best hosts he could so I dont see any of them rebelling on their own without some form of help to resist his hearts hold on them. Xigbar in particular has been one for 10+ years and was willing at that so even if he has some degree of freedom left he's still obviously loyal on his own.

Even the youngest version seems content or understanding that the old one is who he will be and rolls with it.

...wow I've never made a post that big on a forum before. o-o I'll just stick to my 50/50 stance. *hides back in his corner*

I just personally think that Xigbar wouldn't let himself fully lose himself to Xehanort.

As for Vanitas, well, he's just nuts so he could easily betray him at any time.

I just personally think that Xigbar wouldn't let himself fully lose himself to Xehanort.

As for Vanitas, well, he's just nuts so he could easily betray him at any time.

Yeah, I agree. Braig's dialogue in KH2.5 shows that he has his own thoughts and plans. Since he willingly let Xehanort implant his heart I don't think he will be overcome by darkness like Riku and Terra were in KH1 and BBS. Since he accepted that darkness he will have control over it like Riku learned to control Ansem SOD's darkness.

If not the obvious Terra, then Young Xehanort would be the strongest candidate.He's already got some enmity with Old Xehanort (the whole Keyblade thing from 2.5's secret ending), and he could also have some doubts about his own destiny (he's finding out that he will ultimately fail on many endeavors and wonders why he must follow that path).

Honestly, I'd be pulling for Young Xehanort if only because it would actually make his character something interesting. All through DDD, he yammers on about destiny as a thing he's obligated to follow because destiny. He's doing what he did because future him told him to do it, and he feels bound to this fate, but what if a point comes where he feels like he doesn't like what he's become? I mean, before his life consisted of dropping in for brief moments and dropping Vaguebook posts ammounting to  "I don't have to explain anything that's happening DESTINY LOL," maybe he wanted to do something completely different with his life, and then got put in a corner by a version of himself that already screwed everything up. If his story wound up being him trying to take his life back, I could get behind that.

If this was to be the case, definitely Vanitas. At the end of the day, he is Ventus' dark half, and he may have still retained dark memories of Master Xehanort whilst he was a part of Ventus. Vanitas is a tragic being that can only survive on the negativity of others.

I think that Braig will most likely end up betraying Xehanort!  Why, you ask?  Well, in my honest opinion, he seems like the most likely person to turn on the old man, due to the fact that Braig really wants to get his hands on a Keyblade!  So, what if Xehanort is about to get his hands on the X-Blade?  Braig would probably jump at the chance to obtain the most powerful Keyblade of all time, and well, he'd basically turn on the old man right then and there!  But Xehanort would probably kill him! Still, it'd be fun seeing a fight between the two!  After all, I've always seen Braig as the type who sits patiently and waits for the right time to pounce!  He's a wild card, of that much I'm sure!

I just think that Braig wants any old Keyblade. He was fascinated with Terra's standard Keyblade so I really don't think he's too fussed about the specific type and purpose of using it. Maybe he aquainted himself with Master Xehanort as he was the first Keyblade wielder he's came into contact with so he'd take his word just to get a Keyblade (even if it means sacrificing a part of himself to obtain said power).

Edited by Guest