Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Toominator

New mystery medal to be released in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ Japan on 6/9; New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 trailer coming 6/8

Update: The mystery medal was in fact revealed to be a new render of Aqua in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue by Dengeki! From 4:00 JST on June 9th until 3:59 JST on June 20th, all players will receive the new Aqua medal simply by logging into the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ.

Posted Image

Additionally, from 7:00 JST on June 9th until 23:59 JST on June 19th, there will also be a special event board and having the Aqua medal in your deck will attract event coins and treasure chests to help you strengthen it rapidly.

The original article follows:

Just a week before E3, the official Japanese Kingdom Hearts Unchained χTwitter account for the game launched a mystery medal campaign. With an image showing the silhouette of the new medal, the Twitter account announced that if their Tweet achieved 10,000 Retweets by June 7th, then they would unveil the new medal.

Posted Image

The Tweet reached 10,000 Retweets several hours after the Tweet was initially posted on 6/6 in Japan, and the account announced that the new medal will be released on 6/9 for Japanese players. It will be a part of the daily login bonus on 6/9.

Many are speculating that this could be the new look for Aqua in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. It just so happens that the official Japanese Twitter account for Kingdom Hearts tweeted that a new Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer will release on 6/8 at 21:00 JST (8:00am EST, 5:00am PDT). The tweet promises that the trailer will reveal lots of new material, so look forward to it!

With a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue set to release the day before the medal is distributed, it is very likely to be a new render of Aqua from Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

What do you think the mystery medal could be? What are you looking forward to in the new trailer? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

Hmm... with them releasing the 2.8 trailer tomorrow, do you think Kingdom Hearts might not make an appearance at E3?

Still very excited though :)

They'll still have a playable demo there. So we'll likely get footage of that at E3.

I knew it! I knew a 2.8 trailer was going to release before e3! :)

Yeah, we called it! :D

Hmm... with them releasing the 2.8 trailer tomorrow, do you think Kingdom Hearts might not make an appearance at E3?

Still very excited though :)

Well probably, this is what I was afraid of if they did release a trailer before E3 because they did that for 2.5 in 2014...which we all remember as a dark time for KH.

They'll still have a playable demo there. So we'll likely get footage of that at E3.

Okay i didn't know that, thanks :) did i miss a post where Square Enix detailed their E3 plans?

OMG, I want to see the Foretellers rendered in the Kingdom Shader!

Okay i didn't know that, thanks :) did i miss a post where Square Enix detailed their E3 plans?

Well they said that they will have the same E3 demo booths as last year's E3. Plus add to the fact that KH 1.5 and 2.5 had a playable demo at E3 as well

Well probably, this is what I was afraid of if they did release a trailer before E3 because they did that for 2.5 in 2014...which we all remember as a dark time for KH.

And what is this "dark time" that you speak of if I may ask?

Well they said that they will have the same E3 demo booths as last year's E3. Plus add to the fact that KH 1.5 and 2.5 had a playable demo at E3 as well

And what is this "dark time" that you speak of if I may ask?

The Wasteland that was KH news.

I know less chance for KH3. Ohwell you never know.

Might always come after FFXV.

OKAY THIS IS REALLY COOL BUT... is this trailer gonna be subbed/dubbed, I wonder? If not, I'll be holding off until we get one that is. :x And that makes we wonder if they'll do a JP trailer tomorrow and then hold off for an English one until E3, since Japan is the favorite child and all.

This is exciting! I hope we still get KH3 news at E3 this year, I want to see more so freaking badly!!!

OMG, I want to see the Foretellers rendered in the Kingdom Shader!

Same!!!! I am so hyped to see the Foretellers story play out!!!! I love the lore/plot of this series so freaking much!!!!!

I really hope we either get a release date or at least a release window for KH3 this year at E3

OKAY THIS IS REALLY COOL BUT... is this trailer gonna be subbed/dubbed, I wonder? If not, I'll be holding off until we get one that is. :x And that makes we wonder if they'll do a JP trailer tomorrow and then hold off for an English one until E3, since Japan is the favorite child and all.

Official English Kingdom Hearts Twitter announced a new trailer tomorrow as well & since the game comes out later this year I assume that means there should be an English dub

I'm excited for the trailer tomorrow, but like others have said, I think this just shot a KH3 trailer out of the sky. It could still show up at the Sony Conference, but I think it is more likely we'll just get a snippet tagged at the end of the 2.8 trailer tomorrow.