Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

The identity of the hooded man

Here's my theory about this beautiful man :D

During this exact moment in the trailer, he says what Young Xehanort said in the KH3 trailer.

"On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire"

He can't be a Xehanort, his voice is nothing like any nort and he couldn't have time travelled since no nort exists in this time. The keyblade war happened way before YX's time. YX refers to the KW as 'ancient' so clearly it's pretty old to him, and then he says that exact phrase.

Eraqus said that the ancient KW is the masters favourite story, so clearly the master knows about it. YX must have picked up this exact phrase from someone right?

Also, why have we never seen the 6th foreteller? They've hardly been mentioned but I think this should be obvious by now. The 6th foreteller is this guy down below and also Xehanorts master. It's so clear .(But no, everyone thinks Sora is the 6th foreteller and that this guy is fricking Demyx or Axel or Braig).

This guy has 3 different voices during the trailer, you know why? Because he's manipulating the foretellers and trying to hide his real identity, MX is a very good at manipulating people and bending them to his will. It's common for students to have traits they've recieved from their masters. If he put on his real voice in front of the other foretellers, they'd recognise him. If you've seen Naruto Shippudden, this guy is basically pulling an Obito Uchiha.

Why would there be a traitor at all? These foretellers have no motivation to betray each other, the master deemed the all worthy of recieiving a book of prophecies so clearly there's nothing bad about them. Plus, none of their actions seem out of line for the context of the situation.The animals they represent are also pretty ordinary. These guys are being played.

Oh and another thing, no one in the present KH timeline could possibly be this man. None of them were even alive (If I hear another person call him Axel or Demyx.........) at this time so they couldn't time travel backwards and they can't mess with pre determined events either. It has to be someone who was already alive at the time.

Why would he wear a hoodie if he was Xehanort or someone from the current KH timeline? He has no need to disugise himself if he was one of them. Xehanort is not the 6th foreteller, he's not old enough and like I said before, he refers to the KW as 'ancient' so...

Plus if the KW was his masters favourite story and he's only 16/17 during that opening cutscene of KH3, then him being the 6th foreteller makes no sense.

Why would this dude need to wear a hoodie? He has to disguise himself from the others, if they saw him then they would recognise him.
The goat keyblade is another piece of evidence, that keyblade is a will passed down according to YX. Every foreteller represents an animal so clearly that keyblade has been passed down by the unknown foreteller to his student, Xehanort. Eraqus didn't recieve it because of his obsession with light.

To summarise;

The 6th foreteller didn't recieve a book of prophecies for an unknown reason. He departed from the clique of the Foretellers and started pulling strings and convincing them that one of them was a traitor. They all kill each other in a giant keyblade war and the 6th lives beyond it to train his new student, Xehanort. Clearly we don't enough about the 6th or Xehanort to have a extremely solid argument, but to me, so far this is way more plausible than this guy being fricking Demyx or Axel or even Sora............

Just put 2 and 2 together and it has to make sense, who else could he really be?

Posted Image

Yeah I'm inclined to believe the same thing. The whole thing about the /traitor/ is that in the end it doesn't even matter who's betraying who. The paranoia is tearing them apart anyways. I have said and will continue to say, I honestly believe the whole traitor prophecy is bs.

I've made an observation before that the horned lion on Xehanort's keyblade correlates to Pride in the Ancrene wisse. That with the similarity in designs strongly hints at a connection between Xehanort's keyblade and the foretellers' own. At this point I'm sure everyone and their mother suspects that whoever originally owned Old McNort's keyblade is the fated /6th foreteller/. And honestly, hoodie dude over there is pretty likely to be the one ruining everything between the foretellers. Who else has better motive than the hypothetical 6th prideful apprentice who happened to not get a fancy book of prophecy of his own?

In regards to your voice manipulation point, I can't say I noticed Hoodie change his voice in the trailer (I'll have to rewatch it). 

Overall nice observation. Granted at this point anyone is game, but I'm still in favor of this particular theory. 

Edited by Shimmy

Gonna quote few things here.

He can't be a Xehanort, his voice is nothing like any nort and he couldn't have time travelled since no nort exists in this time. The keyblade war happened way before YX's time. YX refers to the KW as 'ancient' so clearly it's pretty old to him, and then he says that exact phrase.

Just because Chi takes place in ancient times, doesn't mean that this guy isn't a Seeker. He could be the TRUE mastermind behind this all. I am starting to believe more and more that yes, this guy is Xehanort and Eraqus' master, and that Master Xehanort's Keyblade belonged to him first. YX said that the Keyblade is like a will passed down. That will was passed to YX. Now, picture this. Since YX is a Seeker, what if he went back in time, back to when he was a pupil with Eraqus, and he told his master about all the wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey shenanigans, and then allowed the master to take a part of Xehanort's heart, granting him the Seeker title, which THEN allows him to go back when he was a young Foreteller. That would explain why the man has a black coat, as the coat was created by Master Xehanort. Get me? 

This guy has 3 different voices during the trailer, you know why? Because he's manipulating the foretellers and trying to hide his real identity, MX is a very good at manipulating people and bending them to his will. It's common for students to have traits they've recieved from their masters. If he put on his real voice in front of the other foretellers, they'd recognise him. If you've seen Naruto Shippudden, this guy is basically pulling an Obito Uchiha.

Actually, this is a bit of a misunderstanding, he does have the same voice throughout the trailer, if you listen closely enough to the voice, he does have the same, he just uses different tones throughout the trailer. Especially in the last two shots of him, listen to the way he says "prevail" in the 2nd shot, and "possible" in the 3rd. You can tell by listening close enough that they have the same crack in tone at the end of their words. You can also hear it as well but it's a lot harder to hear when he says "light" in the first shot.

To summarise;

The 6th foreteller didn't recieve a book of prophecies for an unknown reason. He departed from the clique of the Foretellers and started pulling strings and convincing them that one of them was a traitor. They all kill each other in a giant keyblade war and the 6th lives beyond it to train his new student, Xehanort. Clearly we don't enough about the 6th or Xehanort to have a extremely solid argument, but to me, so far this is way more plausible than this guy being fricking Demyx or Axel or even Sora............

Just put 2 and 2 together and it has to make sense, who else could he really be?

Also I don't think people are saying that it's Demyx, or Xigbar, or whoever, people are just saying that the character has a vibe like them, he sounds very carefree and relaxed, a lot like Demyx and he has that... Attitude like Xigbar as well. He's obviously not any of them. What I believe is he doesn't get a Book of Prophecies as he was too close to the darkness, so he was banished by his master, so, later down the line, he meets Xehanort, and Eraqus, who he trains as his apprentices. What I said before happens, and he time travels back to when he was banished as a Foreteller and creates the myth of the Keyblade War. As we saw in the trailer, Ira says to Invi "All of our copies, were said to contain the events of the future. But this incident... No... It's nowhere to be found." What if there was no Keyblade War in the first place? However after the 6th Foreteller went back in time, he created the myth that there is going to be a Keyblade War, in an attempt to change history. We know that history changing may be possible when YE says in the KHIII E3 2015 trailer "Who's to say I can't change it? And maybe light will prevail. There's more to light than meets the eye. You might be surprised." He says this right after YX says "The future. It's already been written." So he could be hinting at a way to change history.

So that's the gist of my thinking.

Am I the only one why had (Young) Marluxia in mind?

Its a possibility that it could be an organization member whom we haven't seen as their original selves. The idea that this man could be Demyx has also been floating around.

But I do like the idea that this is the same guy manipulating the foretellers, it seems to play along into why the foretellers seem to be so hostile towards each other even from the beginning.

Gonna quote few things here.

Just because Chi takes place in ancient times, doesn't mean that this guy isn't a Seeker. He could be the TRUE mastermind behind this all. I am starting to believe more and more that yes, this guy is Xehanort and Eraqus' master, and that Master Xehanort's Keyblade belonged to him first. YX said that the Keyblade is like a will passed down. That will was passed to YX. Now, picture this. Since YX is a Seeker, what if he went back in time, back to when he was a pupil with Eraqus, and he told his master about all the wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey shenanigans, and then allowed the master to take a part of Xehanort's heart, granting him the Seeker title, which THEN allows him to go back when he was a young Foreteller. That would explain why the man has a black coat, as the coat was created by Master Xehanort. Get me? 

Actually, this is a bit of a misunderstanding, he does have the same voice throughout the trailer, if you listen closely enough to the voice, he does have the same, he just uses different tones throughout the trailer. Especially in the last two shots of him, listen to the way he says "prevail" in the 2nd shot, and "possible" in the 3rd. You can tell by listening close enough that they have the same crack in tone at the end of their words. You can also hear it as well but it's a lot harder to hear when he says "light" in the first shot.

Tone is what I meant to say, it's the same voice but yes he is changing his tone on purpose I believe.

Also I don't think people are saying that it's Demyx, or Xigbar, or whoever, people are just saying that the character has a vibe like them, he sounds very carefree and relaxed, a lot like Demyx and he has that... Attitude like Xigbar as well. He's obviously not any of them. What I believe is he doesn't get a Book of Prophecies as he was too close to the darkness, so he was banished by his master, so, later down the line, he meets Xehanort, and Eraqus, who he trains as his apprentices. What I said before happens, and he time travels back to when he was banished as a Foreteller and creates the myth of the Keyblade War. As we saw in the trailer, Ira says to Invi "All of our copies, were said to contain the events of the future. But this incident... No... It's nowhere to be found." What if there was no Keyblade War in the first place? However after the 6th Foreteller went back in time, he created the myth that there is going to be a Keyblade War, in an attempt to change history. We know that history changing may be possible when YE says in the KHIII E3 2015 trailer "Who's to say I can't change it? And maybe light will prevail. There's more to light than meets the eye. You might be surprised." He says this right after YX says "The future. It's already been written." So he could be hinting at a way to change history.

So that's the gist of my thinking.

I just had a lightbulb moment, you gave me an idea sort of.

We saw that Ephemera wanted the book for himself as he asked Ava about it... What if the hooded man is Ephemera from the future? Since he is friends with Ava he clearly has some friendship with the foretellers, perhaps he wants the book so badly because HE IS the 6th foreteller. If he was the 6th, it would explain why he's so eager to get his hands on one, since he missed out on the opportunity originally.

You talked about changing history, is that through time travel or using the BOP? Because in DDD YX said that you can't change events that are destined to happen when time travelling. Perhaps Ephemera removed pages from the books, and maybe those will be our version of Ansem reports/Xehanort reports in KH3? Perhaps each foreteller recieved a different book of prophecy?

This is too much :D

We saw that Ephemera wanted the book for himself as he asked Ava about it... What if the hooded man is Ephemera from the future? Since he is friends with Ava he clearly has some friendship with the foretellers, perhaps he wants the book so badly because HE IS the 6th foreteller. If he was the 6th, it would explain why he's so eager to get his hands on one, since he missed out on the opportunity originally.

I feel like Ephemera is way too young to be a Foreteller. All the Foretellers look like and sound like they are at least 18+ whereas Ephemera looks like he's around maybe... I'd say 15/16? Maybe even younger. 

You talked about changing history, is that through time travel or using the BOP? Because in DDD YX said that you can't change events that are destined to happen when time travelling. Perhaps Ephemera removed pages from the books, and maybe those will be our version of Ansem reports/Xehanort reports in KH3? Perhaps each foreteller received a different book of prophecy?

YX did say that you can't change events that are destined to happen. But what if that isn't a universal rule? What if it is just one that MX surmised? What if you did actually try to change history. We don't know what happens if you actually attempt to. 

And just through this trailer alone we already know each Foreteller has their own, and most likely the same because Ira generalises and says "Each of our copies" and then talks about one specific "incident" that is missing in them. 

Really sorry I have to ask this, but since I've never had the luck of playing Unchained X/Chi. Can any ony maybe fill me in on the main focusing points of the storyline? Because I really feel I missed out on a lot :(

Edited by Final Arcana

In my defense future Braig was a joke xP

We (or at least I) don't know how X is going to end, but seeing how it's 100 years before KH1 (I think), and Norty and Eraqus are pretty old by BBS, I'd say it's pretty possible that Hoodie is their Master.

YX did say that you can't change events that are destined to happen. But what if that isn't a universal rule? What if it is just one that MX surmised? What if you did actually try to change history. We don't know what happens if you actually attempt to. 

tbh I feel like if it weren't a 'universal' rule, then there'd be no reason to have that rule to begin with, or any rules for time travel, unless it's all just done as a terrible retcon. It doesn't make sense for Xehanort to limit himself if he doesn't have to (and he could've done some testing to figure out these rules, unless he had access to some source of knowledge that had information on time travel).

Also, time traveling is so broken that there has to be some sort of limitations, otherwise Ansem and Younginort could've just gone and ruined everything in the universe or something.

Also, time traveling is so broken that there has to be some sort of limitations, otherwise Ansem and Younginort could've just gone and ruined everything in the universe or something.

Well Ansem already tried that by going back and trying to take over Riku as a vessel. And we don't know if Seekers can disobey, because we all know who would disobey if he were to become a Seeker, and that would be Vanitas. We saw so many occurrences where Vanitas disobeyed MX in BBS, so would likely do it as a Seeker too.

Well Ansem already tried that by going back and trying to take over Riku as a vessel. And we don't know if Seekers can disobey, because we all know who would disobey if he were to become a Seeker, and that would be Vanitas. We saw so many occurrences where Vanitas disobeyed MX in BBS, so would likely do it as a Seeker too.

So having the rules of time travel to limit the other Seekers? That never really occurred to me. And yeah, we don't know the specifics of Nortification (lol). But then if that were the case then Xehanort could just abuse the lack of rules himself, I think.

Or I might have just misunderstood what you said. Sorry if that's the case xDx

At last! A voice of reason! I have for months been saying it's the sixth apprentice and yet it was like I was saying it into the void and wasting my time. I too believe the person in the black coat is the sixth apprentice and he is the reason behind Master Xehanort's Keyblade.

Hmm, well, we don't know the amount of time between KHX and the present games, but it seems like it should be a long time (several hundred if not 1000+ years), which would make Hoodie way too old to be Xehanort's master (presumably). That aside, Eraqus turned out very light-oriented, but Hoodie is clearly of the "ew too much light" opinion; and it's questionable why Eraqus would have been named the next Master of the Land of Departure when Xehanort should have been Hoodie's favorite for being more "sensible" in being interested in darkness. Also, the Land of Departure is kept in a careful balance, but Hoodie seems intent on darkness winning out; it seems strange for him to be one of the Masters in charge of preserving that balance.

And consider Eraqus' remark in BBS: "the precepts bar us from such knowledge." That sounds like someone (I would think someones, over time, again suggesting a large time gap since the war) decided to make rules that said the X-blade is an off-limits topic; if the war was really only 100 years ago or so and Hoodie survived it, that would mean he was the one in charge of setting up these precepts, which wouldn't really have a purpose when he only had two students and no reason to hide it.

I do think Hoodie could be the sixth foreteller, though, and that he has something to do with Xehanort's lion Keyblade. But I'm leaning more towards Hoodie/the sixth foreteller being either Xehanort's ancestor (if you believe the Rebirth Theory) or maybe even Xehanort himself, somehow (by extension. that definitely wasn't a Xehanort-ish personality, but we've seen that you can be Xehanort, half-Xehanort, and anything in-between, so WHO KNOWS...).

Edited by ladydualwieldin

I have a strong hunch that this guy is the Master of Master as opposed to being the Sixth Forteller. The current Fortellers wouldn't really be stupid enough to listen to the apprentice who did not end up as a Forteller during dire straits like this. Sure, you can argue that Chirithy said "He who created me dissapeared!", but the thing is, that's just from Chirithy's perspective. We don't even know how long the Master of Masters dissapeared for.

I have a strong hunch that this guy is the Master of Master as opposed to being the Sixth Forteller. The current Fortellers wouldn't really be stupid enough to listen to the apprentice who did not end up as a Forteller during dire straits like this. Sure, you can argue that Chirithy said "He who created me dissapeared!", but the thing is, that's just from Chirithy's perspective. We don't even know how long the Master of Masters dissapeared for.

The hooded man disguises himself? That's why he wears the black coat and adjusts his tone so they don't know who he is.

The hooded man disguises himself? That's why he wears the black coat and adjusts his tone so they don't know who he is.

Doesn't change the fact that they'd be relying on a stranger if that were the case. These Foretellers may make foolish decisions but they're not the level of stupid as Sora and Terra. Their roles are roles of upmost confidentiality. The only other character outside their circle they'd confide to is the Master of Masters. Unless there's the exceptional circumstance in which the 6th Apprentice can mimick how the Master of Master sounds, but that'd be stretching it.

Doesn't change the fact that they'd be relying on a stranger if that were the case. These Foretellers may make foolish decisions but they're not the level of stupid as Sora and Terra. Their roles are roles of upmost confidentiality. The only other character outside their circle they'd confide to is the Master of Masters. Unless there's the exceptional circumstance in which the 6th Apprentice can mimick how the Master of Master sounds, but that'd be stretching it.

He's most likely lying to them about his own identity, the Unicornis foreteller asks him something along the lines of

"Isn't there anything we can do to stop the Keyblade War?".

Why would Unicornis say this? He clearly looks to this man as a source of guidance. He could be pretending that he knows things.

He's most likely lying to them about his own identity, the Unicornis foreteller asks him something along the lines of

"Isn't there anything we can do to stop the Keyblade War?".

Why would Unicornis say this? He clearly looks to this man as a source of guidance. He could be pretending that he knows things.

Or more logically, He's talking to the Master of Masters for guidance to prevent the Keyblade War. Ira looks to this man because he is his master. Again, these people are Fortellers, they're not going to be trustworthy with every face like Sora or Terra. Their selective because of their social status as Fortellers and only confide to the Master of Masters because he was the one that gave them the status of Forteller's in the first place. Remember how Ursus says "We need to defy the Master's teachings!"... defying the Master may mean defying the Hooded Man.

Edited by Guest

Many people think that just because he's wearing a black coat, then that makes it him evil, but that is not always the case.  Mickey and Riku wore the black coat for protection against the dark and to hide from the organization eyes.  Maybe the MoM is doing the same thing.  Maybe the 6th apprentice is truly responsible for the Keyblade War, and the MoM is trying to let the Foretellers on alert, but the Foretellers overreact and rekt everything instead.  

Poor MoM.  Even though he tried his best to defy destiny, it was pointless.  He couldn't save his friends/apprentices and gives up like Mickey.  He leaves behind his MoM status and starts from a clean slate.  He moves to destiny island and finds two orphans.  He adopts them and trust them enough to teach them about the keyblade, but this time he says he will do it right.  Unfortunately destiny repeats itself.  No matter how much the worlds restart, they will end with a Keyblade War.