Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AzureAce

Another mass shooting in the US

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should the US put more aggressive gun control laws in place?

• Yes
    • No

Important to note that it was a gay nightclub; This was a homophobic terrorist act.

Was already shocked and saddened by what happened to Christina... This is just so much more awful. Hopefully these were isolated incidents and the violence will stop... But I do think gun control would definitely be a start in ending the violent gun-centered culture in the US.

It's ridiculous how far this has gotten. I'm not on the side of banning guns, but there needs to be some change in the system. Although I'm skeptical if it will do anything since these firetrucking type of people will do anything to get their hands on guns such as the one used today.

America has a people problem, not a gun problem.

I live in Iceland, a country of 300.000 people, a country of 90.000 guns.

3 years ago was the first time in history the police ever killed someone here.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2013-12-03/iceland-grieves-after-police-kill-man-first-time-its-history

There have only 6 recorded gun related deaths in the history of Iceland, including 1 suicide and 1 accident.

The problem isn't guns, it's the people.

My prayers and thoughts with the people of Orlando.

I will say this though. I believe people have a right to bear arms. It is our Second Amendment and what the Founding Fathers of the U.S have written in the Bill of Rights. These few people that are criminals, thugs, and terrorists have no regard for the law. There are more good people out there that follow the law than these whom I have just described. Just because of these few committing atrocities like what just happened, doesn't mean everyone, including law abiding citizens, should all of a sudden lose their right to bear arms. That isn't fair to the majority. If you want to avoid these kinds of atrocities, you follow their movements and their speech. Then, you arrest them and criminally charge them of conspiracy before they attack.

This is my opinion. This is my belief. I will not apologize for what I believe nor change my mind.

On the amendment thing. Honestly, you really think that is up to date with modern times? It's not, I think the same thing about most countries constitutions really, they all to need to be edited for 2016 because there's a lot of backwards, sometimes even downright ridiculous, things in them. I know that's easier said than done but honestly, those laws were written how long ago? There's so much that doesn't apply to the 21st century. Not to mention there are some Americans out there who cry about that amendment but have no problem breaking the first one.

Visit the UK or Australia and see for yourself, because in those countries people don't really worry about mass shootings, and we still have rights, we don't have dictators, I'd argue we're more peaceful without guns. Yes, it's the people and if someone is intent on killing they will anyway, but guns make it easier. It's harder to kill the same amount of people with a knife, it's slow and they will probably get stopped at some point. You'd have to focus on each person. But bullets are fast, can be sprayed into groups of people, and not easily stopped. If they're forced to use other weapons, less people would probably die. And if they have to smuggle and or be screened if they want a gun, there's more chance of being caught before it even happens. 

This is just my opinion, though

Edited by Yuno Gasai

Although I believe that there should absolutely be strict gun control laws, it's just that there are people (did I really say "people"? I mean "monsters") out there who will find loopholes in the law or will preform gun trade in secrecy. Crime is an activity that cannot always be prevented. But nonetheless, I am absolutely supporting strict gun control laws.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think a complete ban on guns will solve the problem. We tried that with alcohol at one point and it didn't really help at all. What I think we need is more common sense gun regulation. Extensive background checks to make sure the person buying a gun has no criminal history, a psychological evaluation to ensure they have no mental issues or appear to have a deep hatred. Another thing is to limit what kind of guns regular citizens can own. What the heck do I need a military style assault weapon that can kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds for? Nothing good probably. A standard handgun is all you need with maybe an exception to hunting rifles if you're a hunter. I also think our biggest problem is the fact that we don't value human lives. Other countries allow their citizens to have guns and they have less gun deaths than we do probably because they understand the value of a life and only use them as a defense. Sadly no matter what we do tragedies like this will continue to happen as long as there are people who have no care for human lives and as long as we keep allowing just anyone to have access to guns.

Criminals will always find a way to kill people, but the question is, why is it so easy to access a weapon that makes killing people extremely easy?Who do you think would have more trouble killing 50 people, a man with a gun or a man with a dagger?One of the arguments I hear is that if some "good guy" with a gun was there he could put a stop to the shooter. Sure that could happen, but did it? NO.No one was there to shoot down this bastard, no one was there to shoot down the psycho who killed 16 people at a movie theatre and no one was there to shoot down the psycho who killed 9 people in a church.The main thing America needs to do is target the causes that lead to people going crazy and shooting places up, but that will take a very long time, depending on the number of firetrucks the US government gives about its people.So for now gun control needs to be stricter. It is not a permanent solution, but i believe it is definitely needed right now.

My prayers and thoughts with the people of Orlando.I will say this though. I believe people have a right to bear arms. It is our Second Amendment and what the Founding Fathers of the U.S have written in the Bill of Rights. These few people that are criminals, thugs, and terrorists have no regard for the law. There are more good people out there that follow the law than these whom I have just described. Just because of these few committing atrocities like what just happened, doesn't mean everyone, including law abiding citizens, should all of a sudden lose their right to bear arms. That isn't fair to the majority. If you want to avoid these kinds of atrocities, you follow their movements and their speech. Then, you arrest them and criminally charge them of conspiracy before they attack.This is my opinion. This is my belief. I will not apologize for what I believe nor change my mind.

America has a people problem, not a gun problem.

I live in Iceland, a country of 300.000 people, a country of 90.000 guns.

3 years ago was the first time in history the police ever killed someone here.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2013-12-03/iceland-grieves-after-police-kill-man-first-time-its-history

There have only 6 recorded gun related deaths in the history of Iceland, including 1 suicide and 1 accident.

The problem isn't guns, it's the people.

There comes a time when it'll have to happen. It's selfish to allow people to bear arms at the expense of other people's safety. @KH3, that is weak evidence, the  Constitution and Bill of Rights was written so long ago, the context is completely outdated and cannot apply to todays society. People are going to have to give up their rights at some point. Besides, it's not such a big deal if you don't have a gun is it? I'm sure you people can survive without them. If your rights are interfering with the safety of others, then I believe that that it is selfish. Oh and @Robert, they are 2 separate places with different rules and laws. You can't compare them.

America has a gun problem, admit it. If you guys are still so persistent on keeping your guns, it's selfish. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true.

Edited by Shinobi Palace